Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

Montana Build Yamato Build

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
1,334 posts
24,826 battles

Going to post a series of these topics to get other opinions on my current ship builds.   Going to start with my T10s and go from there.

I play mostly Coop, but also want to select a few of the better ships to dip into other modes because I really want Yamamoto and Stalingrad.   For battleships, I love to brawl.  I am trying to keep the glass cannons (RN BBs for example) away from that, and with therapy and a lot of sinkings, I think I am getting better.

Montana :  MAM1, DCSM1, APRM1, DCSM2, UU, APRM2   Halsey:  PT, EM and AR, BoS and SI, FP and CE.

Yamato:  MAM1, DCSM1, ASM1, DCSM2, CSM1, UU   Nishi:  PT, EM and AR, BoS and SI, FP and CE.

If and when I get Yamamoto, he will go on the Yamato.  Any glaring mistakes or suggestions for improvement?  I do have other BBs with different builds, so they won't all be this boring.  Thanks.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,077 posts
14,243 battles

If you’re using Monty in co-op, I’d definitely swap the range mod in slot three for the turret traverse mod. Especially since it no longer has a reload penalty. And of course because bots just charge forward in co-op, more range isn’t really needed. 

Even in co-op, I tend to like the concealment mod for almost all ships for the enemy dispersion nerf, but that’s because I also run them in randoms and competitive. Everything else looks good. 

[WOLF3]
Members
31,036 posts
26,068 battles
10 hours ago, kyesac said:

Going to post a series of these topics to get other opinions on my current ship builds.   Going to start with my T10s and go from there.

I play mostly Coop, but also want to select a few of the better ships to dip into other modes because I really want Yamamoto and Stalingrad.   For battleships, I love to brawl.  I am trying to keep the glass cannons (RN BBs for example) away from that, and with therapy and a lot of sinkings, I think I am getting better.

Montana :  MAM1, DCSM1, APRM1, DCSM2, UU, APRM2   Halsey:  PT, EM and AR, BoS and SI, FP and CE.

Yamato:  MAM1, DCSM1, ASM1, DCSM2, CSM1, UU   Nishi:  PT, EM and AR, BoS and SI, FP and CE.

If and when I get Yamamoto, he will go on the Yamato.  Any glaring mistakes or suggestions for improvement?  I do have other BBs with different builds, so they won't all be this boring.  Thanks.

If you are intending to use either for PVP, that's a solid build route for them.

But an FYI, you typically don't want to brawl with either of these two BBs in PVP unless the cards are heavily stacked in your favor, especially Yamato.  Her protection scheme in a brawl is a major weakness if caught at the wrong angles.  An opposing player likely knows this and if you flash it even briefly, you're going to pay dearly for it.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,355 posts
28,834 battles

Your cheeks will be well and truly spanked.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,334 posts
24,826 battles

Been a few months now, but I took my Monty out in  a random battle (my first in years).  Was on the right flank with several CAs and DDs around me, so I started moving up slowly.  Before I realized it3 red dots in front of me and all my green teammates WAY behind me.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I tried turning around and getting out of dodge.  Was a short battle for me.  Never understood why everyone ran when we outnumbered them.

I did say I would look for a couple of good ships in my fleet to go random fighting.  These are not those two.  I like them a lot, but I think I have better suited ships for the current meta.

Thanks all for the replies.

Sign in to follow this