You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

Go home, MatchMaker, you're drunk.

6 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

That is a queue dump. When that happens the first thing the MM does is switch to previous MM rules and plus or minus one ship by type used to be the norm. If that doesn't work it just grabs whatever is in range which is where you get the one CV, one BB, and thre DD's matches.

Members
1,660 posts

I had three 9v9 queue dumps in a row this morning.  Once ranked is over there should be fewer dumps I think.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,593 posts
2,433 battles
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is a queue dump. When that happens the first thing the MM does is switch to previous MM rules and plus or minus one ship by type used to be the norm. If that doesn't work it just grabs whatever is in range which is where you get the one CV, one BB, and thre DD's matches.

I've never had one this imbalanced before.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
15 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I've never had one this imbalanced before.

Actually that is surprisingly well balanced considering it is a dump. Your team has one less BB & DD but two more cruisers and one is the Alaska. Back in testing they had one option for the MM where one team had fewer but higher tier ships and the other team had more but lower tier ships, I found it an interesting mode that I think should be revisited. By the way how did this play out.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,593 posts
2,433 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually that is surprisingly well balanced considering it is a dump. Your team has one less BB & DD but two more cruisers and one is the Alaska. Back in testing they had one option for the MM where one team had fewer but higher tier ships and the other team had more but lower tier ships, I found it an interesting mode that I think should be revisited. By the way how did this play out.

My team was steamrolled.  As it turns out, 2 tier 7 DDs with among worst in tier concealment don't really perform all that well against 3 tier 8 DDs.  Couldn't take any caps, didn't have any vision control.