You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RainbowFartingUnicorn

Absolutely RIDICULOUS Loyang Game

10 comments in this topic

Members
3,101 posts
6,694 battles

I figured I was screwed in this game just based on being the bottom-tiered, Tier VIII DD who was less stealthy than the opposing team's torpedo DD and less of a gunboat than the same-tier opposing Le Fantasque

But as it turns out...

Both teams played reasonably well. Shatter is a great DD map, and all three of my battleship kills (and the sixth kill on Chapayev) were close-range ambushes with the 6.7-km Manly Man torpedoes. Yugumo was trying to escape from our Missouri after a failed torpedo run, but I rushed out from behind our Missouri and gunned him down as he tried to run away. The Hipper had just escaped a barrage that left him with 700 HP in the middle cap and had escaped the focused fire of our west flank when I realized that I could rush him from cover, sink him with four 127-mm HE shells to the superstructure, and then be in stealth again instantly because none of the other reds could see me after Hipper went down. Chapayev almost had me at the end, but he made a dangerous error and popped his radar too early, which meant he knew that I was in B, but couldn't shoot at me because I slowed down in cover to wait out his radar, which  went on cooldown right before  I crossed the danger zone in the middle of B. He chased me in and walked into a torpedo salvo from 3 km just around the tiny island in the west of B.

shot-20_05.10_14_23.26-0676.thumb.jpg.21872eeefc90f0e267f00b957b819770.jpg

shot-20_05.10_14_23.51-0460.thumb.jpg.e22300db83d65ac3b58454547e0f460e.jpg

shot-20_05.10_14_24.01-0594.thumb.jpg.64916b3eda8ed398ed06d65580bc4a18.jpg

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,655 posts
34 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Should be here

:cap_like:WOW! You should send that to Jingles. That's got to be one of the better DD games I've seen. You got radared then almost plastered by torps (twice), solo capped three caps (destroying ships along the way), took out one of your greatest threats, a Massey, and then came back along the same path killing more ships. I like how at the end you said "I can't carry any harder" then got your 6th kill and said "Well, maybe I can." :Smile_veryhappy: That DD of yours seems to have really good guns too. I need to check it out.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles
47 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You should send that to Jingles.

JINGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE WAKE UP THE OLD MAN!!!!

:SerB:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,655 posts
11 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

SOMEONE WAKE UP THE OLD MAN!!!!

LOL, Jingles is a pup compared to at least a dozen of us here on the forums. However, that game of the OP's is definitely worthy of having someone put it on YouTube.

Members
3,101 posts
6,694 battles
12 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

:cap_like:WOW! You should send that to Jingles. That's got to be one of the better DD games I've seen. You got radared then almost plastered by torps (twice), solo capped three caps (destroying ships along the way), took out one of your greatest threats, a Massey, and then came back along the same path killing more ships. I like how at the end you said "I can't carry any harder" then got your 6th kill and said "Well, maybe I can." :Smile_veryhappy: That DD of yours seems to have really good guns too. I need to check it out.

Loyang has Benson guns on account of, well, being the Benson. I like her guns the same way I like Benham's, that is, they have no reputation as being a fantastic gunship, but they are the old reliable USN 5" rifles with all that entails, both good and bad. The pucker factor with Loyang is if you use the Manly Man torpedoes, you can still stealth torpedo, but it's a hair-raising feeling to try and do that in a Tier X game from 6.5 km away from your targets.

• Cool 1