Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

Match Making and Cruisers

10 comments in this topic

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
635 posts
12,041 battles

Its been some time since the first Cruiser where released in the game, and since then we now have three types of Cruisers.  Heavy Cruiser(CA)/ Light Cruisers (CL)/ Battle Cruisers (BC).

All three types of cruisers have different types of rolls.  This might be the time WG to split the class up, for MM.   So you don't get lopsided game with cruisers.  Currently there is no distinguishable  MM pick for cruisers.

I think this would help the game alot in high tier MM and would help with one side rolls

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

No, Cruisers (especially high tier) are meant to be gun fodder for high caliber gun ship users..

That is why 157MM guns and below are now useless against heavily armored ships, regardless of tier..

So the only option is to adapt or not play the class.

It is what it is

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
635 posts
12,041 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

No, Cruisers (especially high tier) are meant to be gun fodder for high caliber gun ship users..

That is why 157MM guns and below are now useless against heavily armored ships, regardless of tier..

So the only option is to adapt or not play the class.

It is what it is

what are you taking about? ya my my smol and colbert have no problem at taking down heavy Armour ships.  Lol have every top tier Cruiser in the game.  The post is about dividing up the cruiser into equal part on the teams. IE 2 CA/ 2 CL/ 2 BC . And not having the teams lop side. 

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
Just now, DeadIyArT said:

what are you taking about? ya my my smol and colbert have no problem at taking down heavy Armour ships.  Lol have every top Cruiser in the game.  The post is about dividing up the cruiser into equal part on the teams. IE 2 CA/ 2 CL/ 2 BC . And not having the teams lop side. 

According to testing on 130MM and below. On HE Pens alone, you're not sinking a heavy armored ship... (your Rico and Non pens will be above %80 of  your total hits)

Fire is probably your only bet, in a one VS on situation it will take 12 min to sink one heavy armored ship... Fire can by repaired %100

Now in a focus fire situation, its possible to sink a heavy armored ship in 5 mins... Its not happening by a lone ship.

Even with all the fire prevention measures and DC buffs, it will still take A LOT to sink a heavy armored ship.

Meanwhile high caliber ships take 6 hits to sink you...

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
635 posts
12,041 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

According to testing on 130MM and below. On HE Pens alone, you're not sinking a heavy armored ship... (your Rico and Non pens will be above %80 of  your total hits)

Fire is probably your only bet, in a one VS on situation it will take 12 min to sink one heavy armored ship... Fire can by repaired %100

Now in a focus fire situation, its possible to sink a heavy armored ship in 5 mins... Its not happening by a lone ship.

Even with all the fire prevention measures and DC buffs, it will still take A LOT to sink a heavy armored ship.

Meanwhile high caliber ships take 6 hits to sink you...

how does this effect any thing?  It does not all! i am asking for is for the teams to have equal distribution on ships. equal ca/cl and BC 

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
Just now, DeadIyArT said:

how does this effect any thing?  It does not all! i am asking for is for the teams to have equal distribution on ships. equal ca/cl and BC 

It can;t be equal, it all depends on what ship class is on queue... You can;t put a even requirement into MM, the population dont play ships equally.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
635 posts
12,041 battles
19 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

It can;t be equal, it all depends on what ship class is on queue... You can;t put a even requirement into MM, the population dont play ships equally.

as it stand right now, you can see there a pretty health cruiser population right now. Yes BC are not a common but CL are normal just as much as CA. Once there will be 3 official lines of CL.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
2 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

as it stand right now, you can see there a pretty health cruiser population right now. Yes BC are not a common but CL are normal just as much as CA. Once there will be 3 official lines of CL.

Not for every battle to impose a restriction your asking.. 

[_BDA_]
Members
296 posts
4,702 battles
24 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I've seen light cruisers paired against heavies, it all depends on the tier and has little to do with population.

• Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
2 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

I've seen light cruisers paired against heavies, it all depends on the tier and has little to do with population. 

Population in queue yes it does... That is where MM is getting people for your match..

Sign in to follow this