You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jones_farragut_nimitz

Please do not do this, Please . . . Thank You.

34 comments in this topic

Members
124 posts

So earlier, I got to one win away from ranking out and then in the very next game this happens.  

It is not the entire reason we lost, but it was a big part of it.   Please do not go AFK intentionally in ranked for the whole game.   Some people are trying hard and do not deserve this.    I can understand if internet gives out or something but this is the first time I saw someone not try to at least re-enter the game.   EDIT: This player had a very troll like name followed by a bunch of numbers.   Based on what the player name said and all the numbers it looked like the AFK was intentional.   Either that or player was a bot.  

AFK_1.thumb.jpg.e7219ea950f39e56e7c0354c982f6e89.jpg

Edited by jones_farragut_nimitz
Edited to clarify due to responses
  • Boring 4

[CLUMP]
Members
1,896 posts
2,412 battles

You think that's bad play wot its far worse sometimes half of the team does double-digit damage or not all :fish_palm: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

Members
2,009 posts
28,719 battles

Perhaps his wife cut her hand while dicing chicken for a meal and he was assisting in first aid?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,997 battles
12 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

You think that's bad play wot its far worse sometimes half of the team does double-digit damage or not all :fish_palm: 

One of the reasons I quit playing WOT was when getting uptiered in a light tank. My gun couldn't damage the other tanks and my team wouldn't shoot the ones I was spotting. Then everyone would blame me for not spotting other tanks yadda yadda. We still had cross team chat and team damage back then which made everything worse. At least here you can set higher tier ships on fire even if you can't pen them. Of course I never tried something like this lol....

HETZER GONNA HETZ BABY! - German Vehicles - Official Forum - World ...

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,582 posts
17,928 battles
32 minutes ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

So earlier, I got to one win away from ranking out and then in the very next game this happens.  

It is not the entire reason we lost, but it was a big part of it.   Please do not go AFK in ranked for the whole game.   Some people are trying hard and do not deserve this.    I can understand if internet gives out or something but this is the first time I saw someone not try to at least re-enter the game.   

So what if I'm on call 365 days of the year for emergency services and get called away at the start of a game? 

Should I be barred from playing ranked? 

Members
124 posts
26 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So what if I'm on call 365 days of the year for emergency services and get called away at the start of a game? 

Should I be barred from playing ranked? 

Look at your quote of me!    I did say,  "I can understand if internet gives out or something"    . . .  So I said I understand that.

I never said anything about people being barred.  Where did you get that?  

In fact, I said --> Please don't do this  -  be AFK.    I said Please  - 2 Times.     How do you get Barred from me saying Please?

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
199 posts
11,094 battles
59 minutes ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

It is not the entire reason we lost, but it was a big part of it.   Please do not go AFK in ranked for the whole game.   Some people are trying hard and do not deserve this.    I can understand if internet gives out or something but this is the first time I saw someone not try to at least re-enter the game.   

Life happens.  You really don't know what happened with this player and there can be any number of reasons why he never started up in game.  

[GGWP]
Members
7,582 posts
17,928 battles
3 minutes ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

I did say,  "I can understand if internet gives out or something"    So I said I understand that.

I never said anything about people being barred.  Where did you get that?  

In fact, I said --> Please don't do this  -  be AFK.    I said Please  - 2 Times.     How do you get Barred from me saying Please?

So what you are saying is that there are legitimate reasons to be afk but you have no idea why that particular person was afk, so what is the reason for your rant? 

Members
124 posts
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So what you are saying is that there are legitimate reasons to be afk but you have no idea why that particular person was afk, so what is the reason for your rant? 

What I am saying is please, please do not be AFK intentionally.   The AFK player in my game ( which I hid in the screen-pic)  had a very troll like name - followed by a bunch of numbers.   It looked by his troll like name that he was AFK on purpose -  or was a bot.

So what I am saying is please, please do not be AFK on purpose.   And I did say that I understand if you are AFK for legitimate reasons - like if your internet is down or something. 

And I was not ranting.  I was being polite and saying please.    You are ranting far more than I was, lol.  

Members
124 posts

I edited the initial post to clarify that I am talking about intentional AFK players who have troll like names for their user names.   Cases where it looks like the AFK is intentional based on what the player username says.  

Members
124 posts
5 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

For ranked, they should just cancel the battle if a ship is idle for more than 2 minutes at the start. 

This is a very interesting idea.  I like it.    No harm, No Foul to anyone involved.   :fish_happy:

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,253 posts
11,723 battles

I am going to throw some gas on this fire. I had a personal experience like this a few days ago, except mine was in Randoms. It was a tier 10 battle, and there was a tier 8 CV on each team, and I want to emphasize that this wasn't a lineup of nasty AA ships, this was a pretty average spread really. Our Shokaku player at the very beginning in chat declares openly to BOTH teams a string of profanity about T10 ships and that we can have fun playing without them, and proceeds to go AFK for the entire game. We still nearly won the game but lost on points, which is ironic, because they had a nearly dead French DD our CV could have finished off and swung the points the other way quite easily. I will note here that throughout the battle players on both teams were posting constant reminders to not only report this player for misbehavior in chat and AFK, but also give a heads up to their clan leader. I was a little concerned, however, because this player had one of those IGNs that just sounds like a troll. After the battle I hope over to WoWs Stats and numbers to look up this clan to identify the clan leader, and I discover that not only is this player the number two player of that clan, but that the entire clan hides their stats, and easily half of them have troll like names. I don't even bother messaging the clan leader, because I realize it would be pointless.

My takeaway here is that there are some people that just want to see the WoWs burn. If I were a betting boy, I would guess that this player plays just enough battles seriously enough to every once in a while pull a complete troll and then get their jollies from the response from angry players, and I even suspect that clan may be a collection of such players that have found each other over time.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
28 minutes ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

I edited the initial post to clarify that I am talking about intentional AFK players who have troll like names for their user names.   Cases where it looks like the AFK is intentional based on what the player username says.  

So your whole basis for this waste of a thread is due to the player's name...rofl. You have a huge sense of self to claim it's intentional without any real proof.

• Boring 2

Members
124 posts
6 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I am going to throw some gas on this fire. I had a personal experience like this a few days ago, except mine was in Randoms. It was a tier 10 battle, and there was a tier 8 CV on each team, and I want to emphasize that this wasn't a lineup of nasty AA ships, this was a pretty average spread really. Our Shokaku player at the very beginning in chat declares openly to BOTH teams a string of profanity about T10 ships and that we can have fun playing without them, and proceeds to go AFK for the entire game. We still nearly won the game but lost on points, which is ironic, because they had a nearly dead French DD our CV could have finished off and swung the points the other way quite easily. I will note here that throughout the battle players on both teams were posting constant reminders to not only report this player for misbehavior in chat and AFK, but also give a heads up to their clan leader. I was a little concerned, however, because this player had one of those IGNs that just sounds like a troll. After the battle I hope over to WoWs Stats and numbers to look up this clan to identify the clan leader, and I discover that not only is this player the number two player of that clan, but that the entire clan hides their stats, and easily half of them have troll like names. I don't even bother messaging the clan leader, because I realize it would be pointless.

My takeaway here is that there are some people that just want to see the WoWs burn. If I were a betting boy, I would guess that this player plays just enough battles seriously enough to every once in a while pull a complete troll and then get their jollies from the response from angry players, and I even suspect that clan may be a collection of such players that have found each other over time.

Thank you for your post.   Yeah, this is what I think the situation was as well.    I can live with it ok in randoms, but it is a downer when it happens in ranked however.  

Once in random battle, a CV player on my team stated in open chat to both teams that their ship would sail into B cap and wait to be sunk.   That CV was sunk very quickly.  This was very bad, but I can live with it in random.   We reported the player and moved on to the next game.

Members
124 posts
29 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So your whole basis for this waste of a thread is due to the player's name...rofl. You have a huge sense of self to claim it's intentional without any real proof.

I feel honored to have taken such potential damage from trolls - while I am trying so hard to be polite.   Thank you!   Have a nice day!

I said that it looked like it was intentional  based on the troll name - I wish I could post the name but that is against forum rules.

P.S.   I have tanked enough potential damage from trolls in this thread.   I will not respond to anymore of you trolls attacking me!   If you can not understand my point or see how polite I am trying to be, I can not help you.   lol.   

[SOFOP]
Members
2,486 posts
15,380 battles

There is one additional hole in your logic.....if someone is going afk intentionally to ruin games.... do you really think they are going to stop because you asked them to on the forums?  Do you think they even read the forums and if they do....they probably ENJOY threads like this and it encourages them to continue. 

Dont feed the trolls.

Members
236 posts
7,560 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

For ranked, they should just cancel the battle if a ship is idle for more than 2 minutes at the start. 

They do this in league of legends, its a good idea! If you have an afk for more then a certain amount of time at the beginning of the game just end it as a draw and let the players move on. No harm done and no one loses a star!

Members
124 posts
16 minutes ago, Lowmein said:

They do this in league of legends, its a good idea! If you have an afk for more then a certain amount of time at the beginning of the game just end it as a draw and let the players move on. No harm done and no one loses a star!

Yes, Good idea!   They restarted some of the King of the Sea games because of load in issues.  And like you said, No harm done and no one loses a star!

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

I feel honored to have taken such potential damage from trolls - while I am trying so hard to be polite.   Thank you!   Have a nice day!

I said that it looked like it was intentional  based on the troll name - I wish I could post the name but that is against forum rules.

P.S.   I have tanked enough potential damage from trolls in this thread.   I will not respond to anymore of you trolls attacking me!   If you can not understand my point or see how polite I am trying to be, I can not help you.   lol.   

That's nice that you fail to see how wafer thin your claim is based on a name. No objective evidence presented but everyone disagreeing is a troll. Got it, we've seen thousands of these threads in 5 years of this game.

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,269 battles

I get OP’s point, but the reality is the bot-trolls are not going to be on this forum to read this post.

For most people who care enough to come into the forums, they would only be AFK in a rare situation already.

[TRU]
Members
762 posts
22,813 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There is one additional hole in your logic.....if someone is going afk intentionally to ruin games.... do you really think they are going to stop because you asked them to on the forums?  Do you think they even read the forums and if they do....they probably ENJOY threads like this and it encourages them to continue. 

Dont feed the trolls.

Quite right.  

Yesterday in a tier 10 random we had a Mogami on our team who was already pink.  He went off at the battle start in chat about being low tier all the time and that his ship sucks.  

He then said something to the effect of "later losers, i'm outta here" and put his Mogami in reverse.  

But, he did not leave and continued to banter with angry players on both sides in chat.  

I'm sure he was reported multiple times, including me.  I just hope players like that do actually get weeded out.  

Some players exist just to grief other players (insert CV joke).

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,145 posts
4 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Perhaps his wife cut her hand while dicing chicken for a meal and he was assisting in first aid?

Can’t help laugh but I’ve actually had to leave to deal with one of my kid’s bloody nose before 

[WPORT]
Members
9,883 posts
14,356 battles
5 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

One of the reasons I quit playing WOT was when getting uptiered in a light tank. My gun couldn't damage the other tanks and my team wouldn't shoot the ones I was spotting. Then everyone would blame me for not spotting other tanks yadda yadda. We still had cross team chat and team damage back then which made everything worse. At least here you can set higher tier ships on fire even if you can't pen them. Of course I never tried something like this lol....

HETZER GONNA HETZ BABY! - German Vehicles - Official Forum - World ...

Girls Und Panzer = Awesome!  :-)