You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Soviet Cruisers: Early Access

111 comments in this topic

[USN]
Members
1,626 posts
21,086 battles

I never saw more than 15 token drops during PTS, so that says how rare 25 and 300 drops are, so rare I didn't know there could be more than 300 token drops until this article.

with that in mind, its nice that its now a given you'll get Mikoyan, and average luck should get you Tallinn's perma camo, really good luck could get you Tallinn herself, and anything else basically requires you winning the lottery or buying your way there. (I will also envy those you get the 700 token bundle on the first hit with the random bundle)

it also seems odd to do early access for 9.4, but not release these ships until 9.6, unless this is so 9.5 is reserved for replacing Kirov and Moskva with Kotosvky and Nevesky. Or it could also be that looking at Riga and seeing how strong she is, then look at Agir or Siegfried and see how sad they are, more testing is required.

• Cool 6

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles

@Hapa_Fodder:

Does the Mikoyan come with a standard premium camo and the permacamo for completing all the directives is then an alternate camo?

[PVE]
Members
11,069 posts
19,170 battles

Token RNG is STUPID. Some of you can get early access if you are lucky. More and more WG stands for Worthless Game.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 18
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles

Not a fan of this RNG based token system. Go back to guaranteed amounts please.

Also, why 9.6 before the new T10 CA is released?

• Cool 10

[BARON]
Members
48 posts
6,317 battles

I got my morning tea so lets do some quick maths and start off with the most outrageous one:

100 random bundles. Thats what they add up to and the probability of getting the 700 is 1% the 150 is 4% and the rest aren't even worth looking at.

60 soviet crates: I got the 300 drop once or twice during PTS and that was completing all the directives. So good luck because most will be the 5 or 10 drops.

Combat missions: Here is where there is vagueness. You can complete missionS that give you 15-30 tokens. How many missions? This will either make or break the grind.

The worst part is that the premium cruisers are only available in the armory for doubloons. So expect the same overpriced [edited] as orkan was in this current patch.

Unless I can buy the premium cruiser without the overpriced bundle, then this grind is very upsetting. I was looking forward to the soviet special permacamos and was very ready to spend some money on this event. But here its looking at $100+ with regular luck and all the grinding. Thanks for the lootboxes again WG.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,069 posts
19,170 battles
1 minute ago, ShareholderProfit said:

Worse than the mission drop RNG?

Yeah I was playing a game of chance when I would buy mission crates and had a choice to play or not to play the game of chance. This game of chance is in the regular game. This game needs more RNG like it needs more grinding.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BARON]
Members
48 posts
6,317 battles

If the combat missions are repeatable like they were in the British Cunningham event, then this event is not as bad as it comes off at first. But this is yet to be seen. Also depends on how good the premium cruisers are. I hope its not as bad, because I really want to enjoy this event and get the camos. Please specify if you are able to @Hapa_Fodder about the combat missions being repeatable ones and if the premium cruisers will only be available as bundles in the beginning. Thank you.

Edited by alfaboy95

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles
15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not a fan of this RNG based token system. Go back to guaranteed amounts please.

Also, why 9.6 before the new T10 CA is released?

Not a big fan either.  And having the first prize be a T5 premium soviet cruiser, when we are getting the Kirov turned in to a premium isn't a great deal.

After looking at the wiki, when this is done, there are going to be a lot of T5 premium soviet cruisers.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,236 posts
20,484 battles

Tallinn is a missed opportunity - only WG of recent could take a real ship and effectively crank out a paper ship.  The reason the Bismarck is missing it’s 2 domed directors as seen on the Tirpitz is  that the Russians demanded the ship include 4 of the domed directors when the Germans had only 2 available - so the Germans yoinked 2 set aside for Bismarck’s aft directors - and how many does the model have?  2.  Also exceedingly unlikely the Russians would have replaced the German 203s. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

When does 0.9.5 drop? 

This Wednesday I presume?

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
40 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

@Hapa_Fodder:

Does the Mikoyan come with a standard premium camo and the permacamo for completing all the directives is then an alternate camo?

That's the way it looks ... doesn't seem like much of a prize, unless you just really love that alternate camo.

mikcamo.jpg

mik.jpg

s.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,866 posts
27,127 battles

This sort "pre-release event" seems a little much for 3 ships.  An entire line, sure, but a 3 ship split, nah.

I'll just take what I can get for free and wait for the regular release because getting a ship early for real cash doesnt have any value when it's not a full line. When a full line is released people will be more inclined to buy their way up said line to keep up with the meta shift.  

Besides, most players already have Moskva or Stalingrad that have been playing a while so why rush to the Peter Pan?

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

When does 0.9.5 drop? 

This Wednesday I presume?

5 minutes ago, ccoel12345 said:

Yes

No, 9.4 drops this week. 9.5 is in June. 9.6 is in July.

• Cool 1

Members
1,995 posts
28,628 battles

Certainly something for everyone.....

Free stuff for players like me (THANK YOU, WG), and....

stuff to buy for players with more dollars than sense.

Edited by theLaalaa
Added a note of thanks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[POTW]
Members
69 posts
11,426 battles

WG stated that if you have researched the Moskva and Kirov, you will get them as special ships.  But nowhere does it mention what will happen if you OWN those ships.  Will we be compensated with credits?  Do I need to sell those ships prior to the release?  And what happens to my legendary upgrade mission if I sell the ship? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
2 minutes ago, Beanlord said:

WG stated that if you have researched the Moskva and Kirov, you will get them as special ships.  But nowhere does it mention what will happen if you OWN those ships.  Will we be compensated with credits?  Do I need to sell those ships prior to the release?  And what happens to my legendary upgrade mission if I sell the ship? 

nowhere?  There's been a thread on this about every other day on average.

[MAP]
Members
25 posts
7,263 battles

I despise the progressively unlock bundles. You have to have perfect RNG drops to get enough tokens for what you want. Unless you buy those dub priced packs. Just let me pick what i want dont make me buy my way thru leveled sh*t i don't want.

• Cool 9

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,177 battles

I cannot seem to find verification on this: 

So it has been stated that provided we have researched moskva once - we will get the premium regardless if we have the standard ship in port at the time if the change over. So this will see many people selling the ship for the credits prior to the change over of Moskva to premium. 

Surely WG will give the equivalent credits to anyone who owns the hull in their port at the time of the changeover ? 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
42 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No, 9.4 drops this week. 9.5 is in June. 9.6 is in July.

Sorry, thought it was 9.4 already.  

Then again, these days I don't even know what day of the week it is anymore.

Thanks for clarifying, @AdmiralThunder.

• Cool 1