You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

Why am I so unlucky in this ship?

13 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
535 posts
25,032 battles

One of the V-E Day missions is for Texas, and I've not driven the old slow girl in a while until today.  For some reason, I seem to always be bottom tier when I play her, and today has been no exception.  Not only that, but in the last battle my team was seriously overmatched in skill with the red team.  Of their two divisions (to our one) all five players had an over 50% win rate, and the driver of the Shchors was a 68.69% unicom.  Being bottom tier on a team where the top tier guys can't carry at all is not any fun.

I know MM has been discussed a billion times here, and nothing is going to change.  But I wish at least my luck driving Texas would change and I could at least have a match where I was mid-tier.  :Smile_smile:

1998514448_Screenshot(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.fc7f3871564ac7ebd75db0abd88fc72f.jpg

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,244 battles

This unlucky thing can be real; for me it’s Richelieu and Scharnhorst. Honestly it’s probably more me than luck, but those two ships are terrible for me, along with Hatsuharu. 

Texas was in that group for me too though, then I realized how soft the armor is. Bow in and always moving turned it around, and I can do well even uptiered now, so maybe playing with play style could help.

Members
10 posts
1,977 battles

I have one ship that is cursed like this, Hatsuharu. I have to say 90% of the games I play in this thing I'm always put in higher tier games. My Fubuki which is also a tier VI destroyer only gets up tiered maybe 30% of the time. There is nothing more frustrating in a tier VI destroyer then going up against a tier VIII carrier that can chew away half of your health with one volley of rocket planes. :Smile-angry:

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,730 posts
11,192 battles

Some ships are just bad luck for some players, while being great for others.  I have a bunch of those ships too. 

The Texas is a sloooow ship, and it also doesn't have that one defining strength anymore since the CV debacle, which was its anti-aircraft guns.  Its not a carry ship like some others.

11 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

This unlucky thing can be real; for me it’s Richelieu and Scharnhorst. Honestly it’s probably more me than luck, but those two ships are terrible for me, along with Hatsuharu. 

The Richelieu and Scharnhorst are bad for me too.  I do well in them, but can't win games.  The old Hatsuharu was the same, but I do much better in the new one.

Members
768 posts
10,142 battles

3 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

But I wish at least my luck driving Texas would change and I could at least have a match where I was mid-tier.  :Smile_smile:

You will never be mid-tier in the Texas, that is unpossible!

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
535 posts
25,032 battles
51 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

You are right, it is impossible.  But after posting the original message I played another battle.  It was all T5s and T6s, I had a good battle, and my team won.  :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,492 posts
6,352 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

Technically a Tier VI match has Tier Vs as mid-tier, even though there aren't, barring fail divisions, any Tier IVs in the match.

[WORX]
Members
13,225 posts
20,079 battles

Right off the bat, if I see 4 kills by red cruisers and green BBs at the top of the leader board (or bottom)... Its BB fail due to lack of knowing the priority target...

In other words, there is no reason, red cruisers should top the board... It tells me, the BB core did not play the objective first and then DMG farm... 

The difference between High tiers and mid to low tiers are as follows.

• In mid tiers, if you lose your DDs and cruisers... Its game over
  • In mid tiers, if you DMG farm or dont play domination mod correctly... Its game over.
  • In high tier matches, the first fleet to one to lose the BB adv. will loose the match
  • In high tiers, DDs are pretty much a non issue as a BB player..
    • You have hydro (in some BBs)
    • You have cruiser manuverability
    • Torp detection is generous
    • You have Radar. (in some BBs)
    • AP accuracy better then any ship class on the map.
  • In all tiers, planes are a none issue as well since you can take up to 20 and more torp hits to sink you (HP plus 4 heals, zombie heals on the RN BBs).

Its hard to have a team match when WOWS is not a team game in the first place... So I recommend to work on you positioning, by doing that... You will begin to see opportunities in where you missed them before.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles
6 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

But I wish at least my luck driving Texas would change and I could at least have a match where I was mid-tier.  :Smile_smile:

1998514448_Screenshot(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.fc7f3871564ac7ebd75db0abd88fc72f.jpg

Heh, you'll need more than luck, T5 can only ever be top or bottom. To be mid, T4 would have to be able to see T6.... :Smile_Default:

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
535 posts
25,032 battles

Give me my tin hat!  I've not taken Texas into a battle since my original post where there were any T7s.  As a matter of fact, in the last one T5 was top tier.

All good advice @Navalpride33, and as a recovering potato I do appreciate the insight.  Now, could you tell that to the other BBs on my team in the original game that started my rant?  :Smile_Default: Seriously, that Shchors player was really good.  He put some hurt on myself and some other BBs that were trying to sink him.  He got skinned up but was never close to getting sunk.

Anyway, I finished the day with 50% in Texas and had fun in this last battle....

1571919742_Screenshot(3)_LI.thumb.jpg.5d9df5e6b107d069feb909222cbe7381.jpg

[-1]
Members
812 posts
11,756 battles
18 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

This unlucky thing can be real; for me it’s Richelieu and Scharnhorst.

I don't think you are unlucky with Rich. I'm grinding this ship right now and it has one big problem: gun accuracy. In one of the recent games I had opportunity to fire at broadsiding Chapayev 10km away and shells just land all over the target, no citadels. Every other BB would have wiped out this cruiser after the first salvo but not the Rich. Even Gascogne has more accurate guns. My WR in Gascogne and JB is around 70% but Rich is a complete mess. Again, you can use mobility and get into good positions but when guns let you down CONSISTENTLY all your positioning becomes irrelevant.

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,244 battles
6 hours ago, dimzzy said:

I don't think you are unlucky with Rich. I'm grinding this ship right now and it has one big problem: gun accuracy. In one of the recent games I had opportunity to fire at broadsiding Chapayev 10km away and shells just land all over the target, no citadels. Every other BB would have wiped out this cruiser after the first salvo but not the Rich. Even Gascogne has more accurate guns. My WR in Gascogne and JB is around 70% but Rich is a complete mess. Again, you can use mobility and get into good positions but when guns let you down CONSISTENTLY all your positioning becomes irrelevant.

So following my post, I decided to just play only Richelieu, with my historical 35% WR in her.

The difference was I played a tactic I never play with due to her speed: I sat at the spawn like an AFK. I don’t know how this worked, but the ship-sized holes in the dispersion pattern are not near as bad at 24km as they are at 4km. I literally missed all 8 shells at 4km, but staying at 22km+ for the first half of the match has drastically improved my fortunes: 9 wins 2 losses. Unbelievable.

I literally went from 35% WR to 45% WR; and 130k ship points to 190k (Alsace) in one day. 

Edited by SuperComm4
  • Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
694 posts
9,284 battles

This is a real thing. I cant play russian cruisers to save my life.   Yet I have no problems in Hindeburg, Zao, etc....  Go figure.  Russians should be the easy ones.