You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

One Stop Moskva 9.5 Thread

148 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
2,242 posts
13,403 battles

In a desperate attempt to reduce the amount of threads on this, I'll try and consolidate as much as I can:

From @Hapa_Fodder  (with some minor clarification updates from me in italics)

Commanders, in Update 0.9.5 there will be a soviet cruiser branch split. Due to the entirety of the current branch except Moskva consisting of light cruisers, Moskva will be replaced in the branch by the light cruiser Alexander Nevsky and will herself become a special ship for Coal. Apart from that, cruiser Kirov will be replaced in the branch by Kotovsky and become a premium ship. 

Details of the upcoming changes:

• Cruiser Moskva will get the "special" status (no credit boost). It means that base cost of the ship's post-battle service will be reduced from 180,000 to 90,000 credits and you will be able to assign commanders from other ships of the same nation without penalty or retraining.
  • Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva.
    • Players who currently have Kirov researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Kirov and a perma camo.
    • Players who have researched either of these ships at any point, regardless of current status (sold, line reset, in port, painted pink with blue bows, etc) will receive these ships in port, with camos, on 9.5.
  • If the soviet cruiser branch was reset, a bonus to Research points will be applied to cruiser Alexander Nevsky. 
  • The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it. 
  • The commander of Moskva will retain his specialization. 
  • Cruiser Alexander Nevsky will be available only when researched and purchased in the tech tree.
  • The same rules are applied to cruisers Kirov and Kotovsky. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_Infographic_Supertest_USSR_Cruisers_EN_1920x1080 (1).jpg

Additional Information (As of May 7th) not in the post:

• There will be no compensation for the permanent camo bought on Moskva.  (Confirmed via streams and by WG employees on forums - will try and find a direct link tomorrow).  
    • The camo that is received will be identical to the camo players are given.  Aurora will still be unique.
  • 9.4 will see early release of the new Russian ships but no impact to Moskva or Kirov at that time.  They will only move when 9.5 drops.
  • 9.5 will drop somewhere around June 10th or so (4 weeks from 9.4 so not likely sooner based on normal cycles)
  • If you have the needed XP on the ships 1 tier lower than these, you'll be able to research and buy them immediately when 9.5 drops.

Pending Questions (not clearly answered above):

• Answered: If someone resets the current Moskva tech tree line and does not make it back to clicking Research on Moskva by the time 9.5 drops - will they still get her?  Basically, is it if you have "EVER" researched Moskva, you get it, or do you have to have it "currently" researched as it states above.  This would be odd to punish people for resetting lines.  @Slumlord_Dasboot
    • Confirmed that if you have reset the line but not yet made it back to these ships, you WILL get them as if they were researched.
  • If the Unique Upgrade mission is in progress and you sell Moskva, will the Unique Upgrade mission still be there?  @dbw86
  • There will be no compensation if the ship is in port at all.  This is why people are going to sell it before 9.5 hits.
  • Research Bureau Related:  Is simply researching the Moskva sufficient to count as Tier X Ship #2 for the 5 needed for Research Bureau?
  • Research Bureau Related:  When the patch hits and Moskva is moved to special status, does my Tier X ship count for the RB decrease by 1?  IE Do special Tier 10 ships count for the RB? @Alcubierre_Star_Drive

I will keep this as updated as possible when answers appear.  if you have information to add and a reliable source/link, that would be awesome.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
clarity
  • Cool 16

[DUD]
Members
675 posts
2,431 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

There was another one going to prem. Do we have to have that one bought?

The Kirov... and you need to have that researched, not bought

[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

@Hapa_Fodder

• If the soviet cruiser branch was reset, a bonus to Research points will be applied to cruiser Alexander Nevsky. 

Pending Questions (not clearly answered above):

• If someone resets the current Moskva tech tree line and does not make it back to clicking Research on Moskva by the time 9.5 drops - will they still get her?  Basically, is it if you have "EVER" researched Moskva, you get it, or do you have to have it "currently" researched as it states above.@Slumlord_Dasboot

(Sorry...POS phone won't let me erase the player tags to Happa & Slumlord...which aren't relevant to what I'm about to say).

These 2 points seem to clarify each other.

In order to have reset the presently available RU Cruiser line you need to have already researched the Moskva.

That being the case you will get the special Moskva (aka: if you have EVER researched it...as the original article clarified...which is specifically why they didn't make the qualifications that you needed to have it in port so nobody that reset the line gets screwed over by it) when it is released & if you are still in the middle of regrinding the line after the reset the research points at T10 will be applied when you run your 1st battle in the Alexander Nevsky.

5 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

There was another one going to prem. Do we have to have that one bought?

Kirov has same exact qualifications as the Moskva (also stated in the article)...only needs to be researched & you get it so best to sell both if you have them to get the extra credits.

Not sure about UU progress if Moskva is sold though so might wanna wait for clarification in that case but Kirov has no such possible downfall & is good to sell beforehand.

Ninja's by Kishan on the Kirov :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SOV]
Members
4,402 posts
5 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

The Kirov... and you need to have that researched, not bought

cool thanks.

I will sell my Mos for the money because it wont give it to you.

Always need the money.

[DUD]
Members
675 posts
2,431 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Ninja's by Kishan on the Kirov :-)

Ka Chow! :)

• Cool 1

[STW-D]
Beta Testers
1,165 posts
14,174 battles

Pretty lame to lose 5k gold for camo made redundant by decree.

Will the 5k gold camo offer any benefits over the standard gift camo?

• Cool 4

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,041 posts
1 minute ago, 33nfidel said:

other than different look don't believe so

Members
4,004 posts
9,777 battles

Unless selling in this specific situation somehow differs from selling a ship during a line reset or just in general, you will keep the UU mission and progress until the mission expires. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,646 posts
14,532 battles
33 minutes ago, 33nfidel said:

Camo that is purchased for Tier 10 Tech Tree ships and Camo that is included with Tier 10 Special Ships are both Type 20 Camos ... and therefore identical.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
5,800 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:
  • 9.4 will see early release of the new Russian ships but no impact to Moskva or Kirov at that time.  They will only move when 9.5 drops.
  • If you have the needed XP on the ships 1 tier lower than these, you'll be able to research and buy them immediately when 9.5 drops

Where is this stated?  I'm on DS right now and don't want to take any chances.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,197 posts
23,030 battles
12 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Camo that is purchased for Tier 10 Tech Tree ships and Camo that is included with Tier 10 Special Ships are both Type 20 Camos ... and therefore identical.

Except one is free with the ship and the other cost me 5000 doubloons.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

Members
9 posts
4,749 battles

So how much time do we have to get it before this happens? Do we have till the end of the month? or is it all unknown and its just going to happen when 9.5 comes out?

Edited by killeveryonexxx
added
  • Cool 1

Members
4,004 posts
9,777 battles
9 minutes ago, killeveryonexxx said:

So how much time do we have to get it before this happens? Do we have till the end of the month? or is it all unknown and its just going to happen when 9.5 comes out?

Until right before 9.5 releases. 9.4 is coming next Wednesday (the 13th), so 9.5 would be four weeks after that (June 10th) assuming it doesn’t get delayed for any reason. Since patches drop early the morning of a patch day, you’d effectively have until EOD on the 9th to finish the grind for Moskva. 

• Cool 1

[AWOW]
[AWOW]
Members
1 post
4,231 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

Except one is free with the ship and the other cost me 5000 doubloons.

Or if you opted for the Aurora it was 8k doubloons.  That's kinda crap to be out that because WG decided to make Moskva premium. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,819 posts
21,015 battles

Moskva Premium 5000 Doubloon camo needs to stay in the Tech tree ship replacement or refund Doubloons! Period. However the Unique Camos should stay with Moskva such as the Space Camo.

Edited by Dah_Bears268
  • Cool 18
  • Boring 1

[5D2]
Supertester
2,311 posts
22,733 battles

I am not happy about the premium camo situation with Moskva. Why should I ever buy another premium camo when it might just be given away for free in the future?

At least reward the Nevesky camo permanent camo in its place. In every other situation I am compensated by some means but not this one. Other events award ships that I already have and I've gotten credits, dubloons, or even just a camo or a captian. That's absolutely fine as that's how it's always worked. This time their approach is completely different. In this situation they're taking my $22 and just keeping it like I paid to rent the camo.

Did I get my use out of it? I mean that's pretty odd question because what's the metric used to measure? Total experience, credits, battles, stats, or something else? This isnt a tangible product so I dont see why we cant be compensated with pixels for our pixels.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,087 posts
5,771 battles

Really the equitable thing for WG to do with the Moskova dubloon camo is remove it to inventory and convert it to a Perma Camo for Moskova's replacement in the tech tree line?    I suppose there must not be a lot of owners of it or I figure this would blow up a bit more..     5K for a cosmetic camo change is a lot to ask players to stomach.   I've been running DM Donskoi for xp.   Was considering resetting that line for RB and then realized the error of that.  I assume if I reset Moskova tech prior to 9.5,   I would lose the 120K xp i have sitting on it now?      So I guess selling Kirov and Moskova the day before patch is the right play.   

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,197 posts
23,030 battles

Lately Equitable and WG have been mutually exclusive terms. I also see the WG apologists are down-voting posts.

• Cool 7

[5D2]
Supertester
2,311 posts
22,733 battles
2 minutes ago, Efros said:

Lately Equitable and WG have been mutually exclusive terms. I also see the WG apologists are down-voting posts.

I guess we just have to talk about GC or PR to get them all riled up but permacamo doesnt count.

Edited by Skuggsja

[WOLFC]
Members
2,646 posts
14,532 battles
3 hours ago, TheWillyT said:

Or if you opted for the Aurora it was 8k doubloons.  That's kinda crap to be out that because WG decided to make Moskva premium. 

They have stated that all permanent camouflages will remain with Moskva ... which should include the space camo.  See Bullet #4 ...

• The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,352 posts
12,767 battles
7 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There will be no compensation for the permanent camo bought on Moskva.

This is disappointing, and we should keep pushing them on this right up to the patch date (start of 0.9.5), reminding them constantly of how line splits have been handled in the past.

• Cool 6

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,087 posts
5,771 battles
8 minutes ago, Efros said:

Wat is this downvote you speak of?   Boring faces turn frowns upside down.... 

• Confused 1