Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Y_Nagato

So, how are CV in clan battle?

5 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Members
946 posts
4,704 battles

I am asking because my clan will not go that high and I was wondering how it was looking up there.

Gale and bellow, from what I see:

CV vs BB is a mixed bag. Sure a good CV player will have more impact than a good bb player I would guess, but at the same time a poor cv player will be worst for the team than a poor BB player. Thus we saw quite more BB team than CV, but that may also be because CV player at tier 10 aren't that numerous.

Team composition: less DD for sure at the level that my clan play. We still go with 2 DD, but the majority of time we see either 1DD or 0DD team, probably out of fear of CV, with still the mass of radar ships (DesMoines and Moskva are by far the most seen ships, with Puerto Rico and Stalingrad as close second). As for DD, it was more a mix bag: still many Shima, Gearing and Halland. Surprisingly I did not saw that many Daring.

For our clan point of view: sure CV are great when you can line up some super heavy cruisers to tank a little bit, but with the BB we did not felt that handicapped. But as I said, it's the lower leagues so I cannot talk about the higher (thus, why I post here).

[SAA]
Members
770 posts
7,416 battles

When you have a good CV guy and you run into a BB team....you have an advantage.  Our WR vs. BB teams is significantly higher than our average WR.

[PISD]
Members
946 posts
4,704 battles
7 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

CV can be good, but you need super cruisers to balance out the HP difference.

basically one of my reading of it. Less DD and less CL, but almost one Puerto Rico per team, and many Stalingrad. Facing other CV team is not a huge problem, but against BB you need to have some ships able to tank the other BB and hold the line for some time.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
702 posts
9,281 battles
4 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

basically one of my reading of it. Less DD and less CL, but almost one Puerto Rico per team, and many Stalingrad. Facing other CV team is not a huge problem, but against BB you need to have some ships able to tank the other BB and hold the line for some time.

Moskva also works because of its HP and bow armor profile, which is important, because Puerto Rico and Stalingrad are not easy to get.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

Sign in to follow this