You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sdj_2016

Need a reason to play ranked. Losing credits in win.

10 comments in this topic

[-UCS-]
Members
113 posts
11,858 battles

Win in ranked loses credits and a loss in random makes credits. 

Specifics:      

Game 1: Donskoi in Ranked - 200% First win, supported DD with Radar, stayed midrange, dodged incoming fire,  kept Red DD's at bay, alive at end. team wins. Net credits (with Premium Time) is a loss of $11,000

Game 2: Saint Louis in Random - Tier 7-8-9 match.  supported BBs and cruiser on flank, capped,  set fires, got a kill,  was one of last 4 alive, team lost: Net credits is a gain of $32,000

Game 3: Donskoi in Random - Average game, stay midrange to the BB's, dodge incoming fire, go dark and reposition, drive red DD's off caps with radar, alive at end, Win.  Net Credits is a gain of $38,000

I am having a difficulty working out why this would benefit our host  - Insight and opinions are appreciated and encouraged.

Edited by sdj_2016

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles

Are you using camo/sígnals to boost your income?. I make credits even on loses in ranked.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,777 posts
37,481 battles

I ranked out with wins and losses. In all battles I made money. Not one lost credits.

Using Premium time and flags of course plus doing ok in the battles should net you some credits.

Members
939 posts
17,509 battles

I have played 7 or 8 ranked games this season. 2 Have been fun and close competitive games which the team I was on won. The rest have been complete blow out losses. It is getting to the point that when ever ranked is available I may just skip it. It does not seem worth the aggravation at all. Just my opinion.

[-UCS-]
Members
113 posts
11,858 battles
8 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I ranked out with wins and losses. In all battles I made money. Not one lost credits.

Using Premium time and flags of course plus doing ok in the battles should net you some credits.

Agree on using Premium Time, I am running Premium time. I use economic flags most games, but am currently flush with credits, so I did not load any either game, the outcome comparison was interesting and thought I would share here. The head scratcher for me is losing credits in a win and winning credits in a loss.

If WG would like to encourage me to play ranked and random, I would have expected a different outcome - positive credits for winning and negative credits in a loss. In Co-op, I can run a -10% cost flag and break even on credits, even in a sub-par game. 

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
1 hour ago, sdj_2016 said:

Specifics:      

Game 1: Donskoi in Ranked - 200% First win, supported DD with Radar, stayed midrange, dodged incoming fire,  kept Red DD's at bay, alive at end. team wins. Net credits (with Premium Time) is a loss of $11,000

Game 2: Saint Louis in Random - Tier 7-8-9 match.  supported BBs and cruiser on flank, capped,  set fires, got a kill,  was one of last 4 alive, team lost: Net credits is a gain of $32,000

Game 3: Donskoi in Random - Average game, stay midrange to the BB's, dodge incoming fire, go dark and reposition, drive red DD's off caps with radar, alive at end, Win.  Net Credits is a gain of $38,000

I am having a difficulty working out why this would benefit our host  - Insight and opinions are appreciated and encouraged.

A rundown of your tactics gives no usable data...post the post battle screenshots...both the main page & the screen that shows which targets (type & tier) you actually did damage to...which also shows capping/defense/plane kills/potential damage/spotting damage/etc stats...which are the main factors that determine credit earnings.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,414 posts
18,358 battles

How much damage did you do?

How many ships did you kill?

How many base defence ribbons did you get, etc? Did you actually take any caps?

What camo or flags did you have?

Did you get the base XP in such a way as to bring home cash prizes from the daily chains on the wins?

All these things will determine whether you come home in the red or the black. Unlike XP, however, credits are not affected by whether you win or lose.

If all you did in the ranked battle was to drive destroyers off with gunfire but not score many hits, that isn't going to bring the cash home. Sadly, it's one of those performance metrics the AI can't analyze.

Unless you bring firm data, all I see is unsubstantiated rage.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
12 hours ago, sdj_2016 said:

Win in ranked loses credits and a loss in random makes credits. .....

I am having difficulty working out why .....

2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

... Unlike XP, however, credits are not affected by whether you win or lose. ...

^^^ This is the first key for you to understand ...

What is important to earning credits is all explained here in the Wiki and in the included video.  I'd suggest you read/watch those, then look at your performance in that light.  If you still don't understand "why", provide screen shots of a battle result (particularly the Personal Score, Detailed Report and Credits and XP screens) and someone will surely help explain what's going on.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

[WOLFG]
Members
33,555 posts
10,430 battles
21 hours ago, sdj_2016 said:

Specifics:      

How much damage did you do each game?

Damage is key. "kept red DDs at bay", and "drove red DDs off cap with radar", would have paid off better, if those were followed by, "by putting one of them under".