You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zzzFrostVortexzzz

ST, Hamburg dockyard

138 comments in this topic

Developers
26 posts

We are happy to announce the details on the new Dockyard! check out the information below!

Read more here

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
8,978 posts
13,136 battles

its funny how you just HAD make the Odin be behind a dubloon wall

"We'll get some money out of this trash ship one way or another"-WG while making this Drydock

• Cool 8
  • Boring 3

[STW-N]
Members
4,215 posts
10,274 battles

Can't see the mission requirements b/c of heavy traffic: can anyone post them on the forums?

Edited by Avenge_December_7

[PUMA]
Members
1,165 posts
10,937 battles
4 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

"We'll get some money out of this trash ship one way or another"-WG while making this Drydock

How many battles did you fight n Odin? What was your avg damage ?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,978 posts
13,136 battles
Just now, freggo said:

How many battles did you fight n Odin? What was your avg damage ?

dude, its a T8 BB with less HP than the T5 Kongo, with armor that can arm just about every shell that it will see at its tiers, now you tell me what you'd call that

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles
3 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Can't see the mission requirements b/c of heavy traffic: can anyone post them on the forums?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CyuZZj7SMGpSur1-0p4SRO2nMaWMNLbY-YGueWc0PYg/htmlview?usp=sharing&pru=AAABchRaA-0*PedRo5FEmr7c1tEYS9eFFw

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

dude, its a T8 BB with less HP than the T5 Kongo, with armor that can arm just about every shell that it will see at its tiers, now you tell me what you'd call that

The question is whether you consider it worth 3500 doubloons.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
8,978 posts
13,136 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

maybe, but im stocking up for Tirpitz, which is arguably probably a better ship than the Odin

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,361 posts
7,145 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Even bad tier VIII premiums are worth 3.5k dubs in my books. Besides, Cossack, the last ship offered in a similar manner ended up becoming possibly the best tier VIII DD premium hunter

The fact that there are two "tiers" of rewards is definitely a positive regardless.

[PUMA]
Members
1,165 posts
10,937 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Apparently you can not finish the first 18 directives if you play only CO-OP and Scenarios.

Well WG, in that case you can keep the ship.

I will not be forced to play a mode I do not wish to play.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles

Looking at the directives, getting to level 10 doesn't seem hard.  Mission rewards are not worth talking about.

Too bad a already own the Spee.  Any word on if the Parade camo is anything special?

[IJN]
Members
315 posts
14,836 battles

The one thing that has me ticked is that the two feature the Marine jack of the Imperial German Navy but we still don't have that flag for the low tier German ships.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,607 battles
15 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I take if we already have Graf Spee we get just the credits for it, right?

Yes

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
8,978 posts
13,136 battles

just tell me if the Parade camo for Spee gives anything more than the camo its already got, itll pretty much be the only thing i get from this

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,607 battles
15 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Just wondering, how do you know it's trash? I have played every iteration of the ship even the latest and have found her very fun and very effective.

-Hapa

• Boring 3

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles
8 minutes ago, freggo said:

Apparently you can not finish the first 18 directives if you play only CO-OP and Scenarios.

Well WG, in that case you can keep the ship.

I will not be forced to play a mode I do not wish to play.

I think you can get to 18 in coop, but you are going to need most, if not all ship types, and some high tier ones.

Edit:  Besides CVs (T8), the missions can be done in T7 ships.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[SCCC]
Members
109 posts
4,666 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Just wondering, how do you know it's trash? I have played every iteration of the ship even the latest and have found her very fun and very effective.

-Hapa

I trust Flambass' opinion on it and he said that it wasn't trash but it was very difficult to play because of its health pool. He said that if it had an HP buff it would be awesome.

• Cool 1

[PUMA]
Members
1,165 posts
10,937 battles
7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

I take it you have not actually played her then.

Personally I do not trash a product I have not actually tried.

I won Dunkerque and everyone told be she is Garbage. I get along quite well with her.

I bought Graf Spee for actual $$ and was told she is a p.i.t.a. to play. She is my most played ship; obviously working for me.

Stats are not everything -)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[STW-N]
Members
4,215 posts
10,274 battles

Hmm, the directives, at least in their current form, seem reasonable.

Then again, after the PR debacle, I'm going to keep holding my breath until it hits the live servers.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
9 minutes ago, freggo said:

You mean the first 18 sectors of completion? That is not true.  It can be done in co-op.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Banned
627 posts
32 minutes ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

We are happy to announce the details on the new Dockyard! check out the information below!

Read more here

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

I [edited]CALLED IT!

Wargaming didn't learn anything from the Puerto Rico, way to go Wargaming, please do continue to take great ideas and instead use them to [edited] over the playerbase.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[KWF]
Members
6,361 posts
7,145 battles
7 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Yes

While not the answer I hoped to hear, it's perfectly understandable and logical. Just a last question, will the camo that comes with Spee have any extra bonuses or standard ones?

[D-DAY]
Members
6,973 posts

I know I'm gonna hate saying this, but it doesn't look bad. :cap_yes: I expected that after the PR fiasco, WG were going to put a ship 'considered' lower rate in the Shipyard, as they are likely trying to find the level of acceptance from the community and the best way they can get cash - this is just another step on the journey.

Of course, whilst looking through a fair bit of info on the spread sheet, I'm still waiting for that moment where I finally realise I missed something and WG was sneaking up on me to deliver a quick kick to the nether regions! :cap_fainting:

But so far it looks good, an event the whole community can take part in and get something for - last time I thought a big event like this seemed fair was the Christmas PEF event. Thank you WG! :cap_like:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 2