Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Make emblems available for purchase in real life

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles

download.jpg.be7ed1015dfe44f28bb2886091aad349.jpg

Emblems have appeared in various WOWS arts, like the elite CV commander one above. These emblems mean a lot to the players that have earned them. There are medal-and-medallion suppliers in the trophies, medals, & awards industry that can produce these. Wargaming can make the real-life metal versions of these available for purchase in the Premium Shop, so players can decorate their living room with one even with their (real or in-game) name on it!

Edited by _Marines
edited out ambiguity
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[RAGE]
Members
294 posts
17,114 battles

The fact that the emblems are earned....dude if you can buy emblems they won’t mean anything anymore.  I just got my 90 wins in storm.  Felt good.  I don’t like this idea.

Members
6,274 posts
8,130 battles
3 hours ago, RedZoneCMDR said:

The fact that the emblems are earned....dude if you can buy emblems they won’t mean anything anymore.  I just got my 90 wins in storm.  Felt good.  I don’t like this idea.

Not necessarily. Since they're earned, WG would be able to track who has which emblems. All they'd need is a shop that only provides purchasable embelms when someone is signed into an account. They can do that because the premium shop already offers 1-time deals to accounts when logged in. Nobody would be able to purchase an emblem that didn't earn it in game already.

Other games have done something like this as well. I believe Bungie has done it with Destiny 2 a few times already, where you have to achieve something in the game, then you can get an offer in their online shop for a unique item only available to those who have achieved said goal.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. Well, except for the personalization part. I'm not particularly fond of that idea.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
11,711 battles
3 hours ago, RedZoneCMDR said:

First of all, greeting fellow YOLO

I'm pretty sure the OP didn't meant that you can buy the Emblems in game, instead they were asking if they could be sold in the store as medals for decorating because they look so damn cool

And to be fair is a very cool idea, many people love having medals and even though these are not historical, they look cool as hecc

[WOLFB]
Members
3,186 posts
8,175 battles

I guess I read this wrong you want to be able to turn a digital emblem into something you can hold or display in your house. I think that is a cool idea. I have no interest in buying anything like that but I can see a lot of people who would like to have that. 

Didnt they do something with a coin a while ago. If you can do a coin then you could do something like that. 

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles
7 hours ago, RedZoneCMDR said:

I mean to buy the emblems you have already earned.

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles
4 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Not necessarily. Since they're earned, WG would be able to track who has which emblems. All they'd need is a shop that only provides purchasable embelms when someone is signed into an account. They can do that because the premium shop already offers 1-time deals to accounts when logged in. Nobody would be able to purchase an emblem that didn't earn it in game already.

Other games have done something like this as well. I believe Bungie has done it with Destiny 2 a few times already, where you have to achieve something in the game, then you can get an offer in their online shop for a unique item only available to those who have achieved said goal.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. Well, except for the personalization part. I'm not particularly fond of that idea.

Yes and yes.:fish_cute_2:

It may make sense to laser-itch the player's (real or in-game) name on the metal emblem. Otherwise my potato friend would bug me to order the elite BB commander emblem for his gaming den which he has been trying for years and could not earn.

The military issued a lot of medals without the soldier's name itched, making easy for certain people to wear the medals they did not actually earn. For example, there are only 120 living Medal of Honor recipients, but there are over 500 people who fraudulently claim to have received the Medal of Honor. Bush signed the Stolen Valor Act in 2005 to try to curb that behavior (lol).

Edited by _Marines

Sign in to follow this