You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

COOL! Never seen this before! You?

27 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

I would post the replay but it's a dull round but I had the CV Pinned against the shore towards the end and I saw them .

TRAFFIC!   

Trucks , cars and maybe even a bus on the shore road as we battles it out.  Not fixed, they were moving!

Thousands of games and I have never seen that before. Have you?

The Map was Trident and I was in a T-6 Game with my Duca.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[D-DAY]
Members
6,989 posts

Must admit that I don't know if they have always been animated or not, but it has been around for a while, look at things like the Quarry Works etc

I think I noticed the detail a while back when the planes could be seen flying overhead at the start of matches, just made me look to see what other detail their was.

Maybe they included more in the newer maps too?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,711 posts
10,843 battles

There's a lot of neat Easter Eggs on maps if you want to look for them.  One of my favourites is the construction / excavation happening on one of the central-east islands on the Land of Fire map.  Others include a paper-cutout battleship (one of Captain Bad Advice's ships) on Raptor Rescue just beyond the map border.

• Cool 4

Members
1,124 posts
12,168 battles

Oh yeah I used to see that a plenty back in the day.  But I think WG reduced it to the point of near non-existence for U.I. sake.  My favorite was the Neighbors Map on the northern little island.  Cars would drive right into the tunnel in the mountain.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,777 posts
37,544 battles

There are many. I believe it depends on your graphics settings if they show up or not.

As per the paper ship at the end of Raptor Rescue, you get a medal if you torp it (not shoot it).

Banned
627 posts
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Others include a paper-cutout battleship (one of Captain Bad Advice's ships) on Raptor Rescue just beyond the map border.

You can torpedo that ship for a hidden achievement. 

[GLF]
Members
53 posts
26,382 battles

Yep, lots of activities on islands airfields etc.  If you have the misfortune to suffer an early sinking have a look around the map, interesting stuff to be seen.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,258 posts
6 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Trucks , cars and maybe even a bus on the shore road as we battles it out.  Not fixed, they were moving!

There are lots of things to see on the maps. This is one reason I like playing CVs and flying over the towns. You can do this after your ship has sunk or with free-camera view in replays too.

[AAA]
Members
815 posts
19,460 battles
7 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I would post the replay but it's a dull round but I had the CV Pinned against the shore towards the end and I saw them .

TRAFFIC!   

Startled me a bit earlier this week too. Can't remember the map name, think its sea of fortune but I was sneaking past an island (the northernmost center island) when I noticed this little town nestled there that I hadn't noticed before.

There I was admiring the quaint structure when I see a red car zoom past the water front. I thought being at home was finally getting to me. I stared so long trying to see if it would re-appear I sailed past the island into a spread of blind fired torps. Thankfully only one hit.

[CNO]
Members
6,593 posts
19,802 battles

I salvoed a Church once.  I had a very difficulty time explaining what happened during confession.

• Funny 2

[NSEW]
Members
2,479 posts
12,063 battles

Why is the "Church" in capital?

Also, fire for effect.

(it is invincible)

Edited by LowSpeed_US

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
7 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

TRAFFIC!   

one of the joys of cv is looking around the map.  The art department is fantastic.  They make the maps come alive.

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

There are lots of things to see on the maps. This is one reason I like playing CVs and flying over the towns. You can do this after your ship has sunk or with free-camera view in replays too.

Have you seen the strip mining?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,258 posts
34 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Have you seen the strip mining?

Yes! I actually discovered it when I was playing a game and thought the dust from the mine was smoke from a ship. Later, I looked more closely and saw the steam shovel.

Capture.PNG.2f1502f19793086188b9ff419377

Edited by Snargfargle

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
21 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Yes! I actually discovered it when I was playing a game and thought the dust from the mine was smoke from a ship. Later, I looked more closely and saw the steam shovel.

Its one of the best things about planes.  Flying around the map.  The airport is very cool as well.

[PUMA]
Members
1,170 posts
10,979 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I salvoed a Church once.  I had a very difficulty time explaining what happened during confession.

How many Hail Marys did you get slapped with ?  :-)

[PHD]
Members
1,931 posts
7,441 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Its one of the best things about planes.  Flying around the map.  The airport is very cool as well.

One thing Hapa recommended was if you died early, use the free camera to zoom around the map, lots of interesting things to see.

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
1 minute ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

One thing Hapa recommended was if you died early, use the free camera to zoom around the map, lots of interesting things to see.

Its very true

It is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I never saw that until last week , when I  put my foliage setting on “very high.” That map was totally transformed by the change.

At least one map(Neighbors?) has a railroad.

Greece needs some ancient architecture.

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
3 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I never saw that until last week , when I  put my foliage setting on “very high.” That map was totally transformed by the change.

At least one map(Neighbors?) has a railroad.

Greece needs some ancient architecture.

Really? I need tinker with the settings a bit.

[CNO]
Members
6,593 posts
19,802 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Why is the "Church" in capital?

I touch type at over 100WPM, with my subject mind several words ahead of that.  The finger thrash has a mind all its own.  They are really lousy on words like "their", "they're", "there", "its", "it's", and the like.  Or the double word (or the left out word), or the highly repetitive sequences of "n" letters where a word with "n-1" embedded gets all "n" letters.  I cognitively know the difference, but the finger just dance a version du jour.   I'll catch most on proofread, but don't always proof my posts.

• Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
1,077 posts
11,580 battles
14 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

TRAFFIC!   

I have seen it. Literally all the maps have those cities, obviously each city is different. The Art Department in World of Warships is one of the most impressive departments in the game, they always come with something new. 

Another impressive thing is the Ports. A shame we can't tour it in a free camera, because they are full of little details too.

The only sucessful thing of the Puerto Rico fiasco in Christmas 2019 was the Dockyard animation, it was incredible the level of detail put in it, so I'm glad the Dockyard will be back.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,258 posts
5 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I touch type at over 100WPM

I had a very poor typing teacher so I never learned how to touch type. And that's "typing" too -- personal computers had yet to be invented when I was in high school; a keyboard was something you played music on. I've always gotten by fairly well by looking at my fingers but I'm losing my accommodation so the keys are getting harder to see. After decades as a university student and educator, however, I'm pretty good at editing. Just don't pay too much attention to my in-game chat as my typing looks like a third-grader's when I can't look at my fingers.

Edited by Snargfargle

[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,970 battles

I see cars and trucks every now and them moving on the streets in the towns on the islands