You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CallingElvis

Low tier games - 2 CV's per game

19 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
503 posts
10,289 battles

This would be perfectly fine if it was new gamers trying things out. I just witnessed a T3/T4 game with 2 CV's on each team. One team had 2 very experienced CV captains; the other team didn't. It was just a one-sided bloodbath. I can only imagine what any new players may think of this. Hardly a good way to attract new players but the most determined ones. I don't know how the matchmaker really works, but it's permitting 2 experienced CV players on one team in  T3/T4 match with predictable outcomes.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,239 posts

what is this like the third recent post about multi CV's in low tier?    when it rains it pours i guess ...

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,776 battles
2 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

Yeah it is a bit stupid at the moment. Tier 4 game yesterday.

shot-20_05.06_11_11.48-0525.jpg.a6ad42e4941b2044121139aa038f19c9~2.jpg

Why there are so many CVs at T4? CVs are boring at T4, they are nice to play at T6, 8 and 10, and probably 8 being the nicest CV tier.

[NONE]
Members
3,886 posts
12,037 battles
1 hour ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Why there are so many CVs at T4?

Putiing the "EZ" in "EZ Mode" since 2019. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles

As much as I like Carriers, I firmly believe they need to be capped at 1 per team.

• Cool 2

Members
389 posts

As a DD main who plays Tier IV Random pretty much exclusively, I am genuinely grateful every time I load in to a two-CV match.

Why?

Because it wasn't that long ago that we had Tier IV matches with three CVs per side, this would happen roughly 20% of the time and it was... let's say... a challenge, and just leave it at that.

So now, I'm always glad to see two, because at least it isn't three, and it used to be three much more often than I cared for.

Thank the WG gods that it's only two now. Count your blessings like I do. I appreciate very much that it's only two.

It could be worse, it has indeed fairly recently been worse and I hope it doesn't get worse again. I'll take the two CVs please, and thank you WG.

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague
  • Funny 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,588 posts
10,930 battles

Doesn't take long to go up next tier, so it's nothing to complain about.

[WKY04]
Members
4,074 posts
25,808 battles
42 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Yes, pay no attention to the fact that your surface ship grinds through these tiers are a travail of woe from the sky. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[TRU]
Members
762 posts
22,813 battles
12 hours ago, Toxygene said:

This would be perfectly fine if it was new gamers trying things out. I just witnessed a T3/T4 game with 2 CV's on each team. One team had 2 very experienced CV captains; the other team didn't. It was just a one-sided bloodbath. I can only imagine what any new players may think of this. Hardly a good way to attract new players but the most determined ones. I don't know how the matchmaker really works, but it's permitting 2 experienced CV players on one team in  T3/T4 match with predictable outcomes.

Imagine if it was 3 per side (luckily this changed).  

On the matchmaking, I can totally see how people can "feel" like matchmaking is against you.  For me, every win feels like business as usual, but every loss can sting.  In one particular evening, I lost 6 games in a row. You tend to focus on the negatives like this but forget the days you played at 50% wins or 70% wins.  

I recently downloaded the Aslans matchmaker monitor where it shows the stats of each player.  It is pretty good at predicting the winner and loser before the game starts but can be wrong at times.   

[GT3]
Members
200 posts
7,796 battles

Going from 3 cv per game to 2 is an improvement.

Now balance the tier 3-4 AA and call it fixed.

• Cool 1

[O2]
Members
503 posts
10,289 battles
On 5/7/2020 at 8:24 AM, Reymu said:

You are correct. If Warships is work, this is not a problem at all. But if warships is meant to be fun and entertaining, then this 2 CV stuff is not good for the game.

[BINGO]
Members
152 posts
9,296 battles

No, one cv a side is entirely tolerable. 

I think it is safe to assume that close to 100% of veteran players will agree with this in every manner and have been asking constantly but the reaction time is too slow, many have left the game. Many newcomers grew discouraged.

[3_N_D]
Members
18 posts
16,229 battles

just to let you know it used to be 3 cvs per game and at that tier there was good reason most of them cant hit anything...but to be fair i played a ship and laughed and taunted all 3 cvs 2 of them spent the whole game trying to kill me and couldnt and the 3rd was smart and just flew over me the rest of the match spotting me until the team killed me so i understand what your saying and matchmaking doesnt match the player it matches the ship i know this because i see alot of people that really suck on one team and if i were a betting person i can predict the win before the game starts but theres always the randomness of lucky torpedo strikes occassional players working together that suck and stomping the other team which is nice but i agree that wargaming should at least in ranked after one ranks out allow them to play rank one players  so that they get to compete with truly competitive and at there level gameplay instead of oh i got a few flags and coal and now i cant play this fun game mode anymore cause wargaming is dumb

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,997 battles

If Tier 3 and 4 ships got better AA then I'd be fine with two carriers per match. However, most of these ships have little to no AA and carriers are just farming them. WG really needs to do something at the lower tiers because it's getting a bit out of control. After the T10 ranked sprint ended I popped down to T5 to just have some fun and literally every T6 and T7 match had one carrier and every Tier 5 match had two carriers in it.  

Edited by Jolly_Rodgered

Members
121 posts
1,951 battles

Well the reason for seeing so many CVs is well its not fun to be obliterated in seconds with other ship types in the game. Most players that end up in CVs are based on the experience of other ship types that they played and probably got frustrated with teammates that camp in the back of the map and don't move in to support on taking objectives which I find to happen in lots of my games in random battles.