Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

WG Please Nerf the Russian Battleship Guns

56 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,239
[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles

Why do the Russians battleships have the most accurate and most powerful guns in the game?  Does any other nation's battleship guns do the same (performance wise) as the Russian?  The Russian BB guns are so devastating....they citadel you no matter how you are angled.  It doesn't care how much armor or how you angled....they don't bounce/ricochet....they just penetrate.   

NERF NERF NERF  THOSE STUPIDILY OVER POWERED RUSSIAN BATTLESHIP GUNS

Don't increase their reload time.....decrease their unrealistic performance.

Nothing else in this game screams "Russian bias" as those damn Stalinian battleship guns.  The Russian battleships can keep their ridiculous armor, just nerf the guns already.

Edited by db4100
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,220
[SIM]
Members
5,849 posts
9,315 battles

Do you have a replay to back up your assertions? Something other than hyperbole? 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
84
[AN2AC]
Members
187 posts
9,726 battles

Get them side on, and they turn to submarines fairly quickly....  but yeah its pretty [edited] when any REAL BB's built don't match up well to these paper ships.

Nothing the Russians built in WW2 was what we would call "precision"  (though always stand to be corrected  :Smile_hiding:). The Germans were over the top (precision wise) , and look at their ships dispersion lol.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,239
[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles
41 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Do you have a replay to back up your assertions? Something other than hyperbole? 

Here ya go.  13 mins into the battle or 7 mins remaining.  T9 Russian BB blaps me up my [edited]….gone in two salvos.

I tried to sneak a torp attack, but a CV's aircraft spoiled the surprise, and the Russian BB backed up instead.  Even at almost 9km away, I got blapped easily.  No other battleship can do what this Russian biased battleship did.

20200506_180825_PBSC207-Surrey_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

 

edit....something else that the Russian battleships are "Best" at is the ability to go from forward to reverse or vice versa with quickness.  A Russian battleship can change direction so fast that you can completely miss it.  Another bullship ability of the Russian battleships.....

Edited by db4100
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts
3,522 battles

Russian ships in this game are truly broken, no offense but during WWII the Soviet Navy was a non factor.

Devs keep trying to rewrite history with broken fantasy ships portraying Soviet Naval Technology as state of the art, when in reality they had nothing to show against British, German, Japanese & American forces.

 

  • Cool 10
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
727
[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,375 battles

Heh

Looks like someone had a run in with the Potato Gods. 

The whole point of Russian Battleships ( and Russian ships in general ), is the ability to brutally punish mistakes that their opponents may make. If you play your own warship right, you can easily defeat them. Make a mistake, they will punish you. Kremlin, Sovetsky Soyuz, Lenin, Pyotr Velikiy, Moskva, Stalingrad, the Impregnator, all of them. Even the destroyers can easily do horrendous things to out of position light cruisers. This is a pattern we have constantly and consistenly noticed with Russian Warships in general.

If that's not clear enough already, I don't know what it will take to make it apparent...

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,682
[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,703 battles

kremlin guns got chopped a long time ago and i know soyuz and vlad are nothing special.

i assume you were in a squishy cruiser at close range and got punished for walking out in front of a battleship?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
727
[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,375 battles
55 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

Nothing the Russians built in WW2 was what we would call "precision"  (though always stand to be corrected  :Smile_hiding:). The Germans were over the top (precision wise) , and look at their ships dispersion lol.

 

Rudol Von Stroheim Jojos Bizarre Adventure GIF - RudolVonStroheim ...

Or not...

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,597
[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,442 battles
37 minutes ago, db4100 said:

edit....something else that the Russian battleships are "Best" at is the ability to go from forward to reverse or vice versa with quickness.  A Russian battleship can change direction so fast that you can completely miss it.  Another bullship ability of the Russian battleships.....

I wish someone would tell my Kremlin this, mine accelerates very slowly in forward or reverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
475 posts
4,040 battles
46 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Here ya go.  13 mins into the battle or 7 mins remaining.  T9 Russian BB blaps me up my [edited]….gone in two salvos.

I tried to sneak a torp attack, but a CV's aircraft spoiled the surprise, and the Russian BB backed up instead.  Even at almost 9km away, I got blapped easily.  No other battleship can do what this Russian biased battleship did.

20200506_180825_PBSC207-Surrey_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

 

edit....something else that the Russian battleships are "Best" at is the ability to go from forward to reverse or vice versa with quickness.  A Russian battleship can change direction so fast that you can completely miss it.  Another bullship ability of the Russian battleships.....

 

Pure comedy gold right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
475 posts
4,040 battles

Russian BBs also have the ability to hover on the water, yes, they have the ability to come right out of the water dodging all my torps and hover over them.

 

They then load up stalin infused shells and wack me with their lenin guided auto aim.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,117
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,138 posts
4,345 battles

But they have poor long range dispersion:Smile_trollface:

 

Seriously, they are a bit strong. As long as they don't show broadside they're pretty much the best in the game. I'm sorry, but if a ship only has a weakness if you play it like a moron that's not a weakness. Are they blatantly OP? No. Are they more powerful than other ships which got nerfed? Yup (Yueyang was never as good as Kremlin or Sinop). They either need a dispersion nerf (how about actual poor long range dispersion?), or a serious armor nerf. And I still want an explanation on why Kremlin can rotate her triple 18" turrets faster than Montana, Iowa, and NC rotate their triple 16" turrets.

Are they Belfast broken? No. But anyone saying they're fine is clearly out of touch.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
409
[-ICE-]
Members
567 posts

The Oct Rev isnt that good. I almost never get Cit hits with it and its not real accurate either. Plus its painfully slow.  It will take a few good hits though.   My 2 cents

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,397
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,127 battles
1 minute ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

The Oct Rev isnt that good. I almost never get Cit hits with it and its not real accurate either.  My 2 cents

Okt R is broken. That ship is excellent.

But shhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone. I am so glad Guilio gets so much attention. Nobody will notice that Okt R is better.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles

I have to agree, Kremlin is over preforming

Lifetime for all players:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.36720d2c8e8cb3f8b97d6a5b290760db.jpg

Lifetime for the top 5%:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d12d5a868d48960ead4259c746c52689.jpg

Last 2 months for all players: (52.06 is the winrate)
Untitled.thumb.jpg.8b2d2f64088fe5bb36031e4765153e9b.jpg

Edited by Tyberius_D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
12,327 battles

I play Russian BBs.

I agree, we need USN guns. We need that accuracy, that dispersion. Our guns are way to OP, like the original poster says.

Oh, we also need the range of USN guns. Because fairness.

We also need their waterline citadel. If our guns are going to nerfed in this way, we need to be compensated with waterline citadels. No more vulnerable broadside for us.

Also, faster reload time. After all, we will be having that terrible USN BB gun performance. So we need faster reload.

Edited by SidTheBlade
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
12,327 battles
1 hour ago, Tyberius_D said:

I have to agree, Kremlin is over preforming

Lifetime for all players:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.36720d2c8e8cb3f8b97d6a5b290760db.jpg

Lifetime for the top 5%:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d12d5a868d48960ead4259c746c52689.jpg

Last 2 months for all players: (52.06 is the winrate)
Untitled.thumb.jpg.8b2d2f64088fe5bb36031e4765153e9b.jpg

Have you actually looked at that data?

Maybe you were being sarcastic.

There are only three BBs with lower average damage per game, out of a list of 9. The Krem is firmly in the bottom half of that measure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles
37 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

Have you actually looked at that data?

Maybe you were being sarcastic.

There are only three BBs with lower average damage per game, out of a list of 9. The Krem is firmly in the bottom half of that measure.

Damage output does not equal a win. Conquerer and Thunderer do way more damage, but it's usually HE and fire which is repairable, thus they suffer for it.

Kremlin has a ridiculas combo of Offense and Defense, one of them needs to be toned down. Considering that WG says that the Russian battleships are supposed to have bad accuracy at range (and they clearly do not), there should be an accuracy nerf to make the Kremlin move closer to hit, which makes it easier to get to it's weaker sides.

Edited by Tyberius_D
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[CDOH]
Members
913 posts
8,510 battles
7 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Do you have a replay to back up your assertions? Something other than hyperbole? 

Flamu has a great video that just came out.  The Kremlin has the best vertical dispersion at distance.  The horizontal dispersion pattern is wide but the ship shoots out shells in a consistent line line.  This dispersion pattern is very good and insures some shells will hit the target. Conversely the Yammy has terrible vertical dispersion in comparison but good horizontal dispersion.   Not surprisingly the horizontal dispersion numbers are not shown in game stats and horizontal dispersion is shown.   So DB4100  is correct.  The kremlins guns are amazing once you understand how they work.  The question is should a ship have the Best Tanking ablility, best heal, Great AA, best turret rotation, Super low side profile and best vertical dispersion in one package?  I would agree the Kremlin needs a nerf.

Edited by Rothgar_57
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,683
[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles

Wargaming a Russian company nerfing Russian classes  >.>

fH4RHJ4.gif

Wargaming be like 

LvGNwru.jpg

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,239
[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles
8 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

kremlin guns got chopped a long time ago and i know soyuz and vlad are nothing special.

i assume you were in a squishy cruiser at close range and got punished for walking out in front of a battleship?

Close range?  between 8-9 km.  I was touched in a "no no" spot in a bad way.  I think I need therapy because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,239
[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles
8 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

kremlin guns got chopped a long time ago and i know soyuz and vlad are nothing special.

i assume you were in a squishy cruiser at close range and got punished for walking out in front of a battleship?

The AA guns got nerfed, not the main guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,109
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
10 hours ago, db4100 said:

Why do the Russians battleships have the most accurate and most powerful guns in the game?

They don't.
 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[CDOH]
Members
913 posts
8,510 battles
22 minutes ago, yashma said:

They don't.
 

Kremlin has the best vertical dispersion in the game.

Edited by Rothgar_57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×