Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
n00bot

Worst Clan Battles Ever

48 comments in this topic

Members
1,182 posts

Not even close IMO.  Discuss.

Hakuryu
Stalingrad
Stalingrad
Venezia
Venezia
Venezia
Venezia

This is 80% of the lineups.  It's a broken and boring snipefest at 20k.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,496 posts
7,388 battles

But CVs are like soooooo  anti camping!

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2

[WNNR]
Members
323 posts
6,528 battles

I was just going to post something similar to this, this is the first season of CBs where it is unbelievably not enjoyable. There are like 3 ships worth playing and everything else is just Venezia/CV fodder, every match is just a bunch of cruisers bunched up hiding from a Hak at max range.  WG has managed to destroy the last game mode that actually was enjoyable. 

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,063 posts
19,384 battles

We would see the occasional Haland / Smaland. A real virtual Venus flytrap for planes. Once the AA started you couldn’t F key out of it fast enough. RIP squadron.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,238 posts
45 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Sorry, I think I was posting in the wrong thread.

Edited by Snargfargle

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've seen an array of ships.

@n00bot is talking about CBs, for which it's 7 v. 7 (this season at least, like most seasons).

Your screenshots are 12, did you accidentally confuse the battle mode?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,238 posts
4 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

@n00bot is talking about CBs, for which it's 7 v. 7 (this season at least, like most seasons).

Your screenshots are 12, did you accidentally confuse the battle mode?

Sorry. My Bad. I did get confused. I'd like to play clan battles sometime but my clan is rather disorganized. 

I have noticed that the better players gravitate to the best ships so the ones the OP listed must be good ones. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,182 posts
48 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

We've been....

Midway

Stalingrad

Stalingrad

Stalingrad

Moskva

Hindenburg

Henri IV

And how do you handle all the Venezias?  Or you don't?

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles

but cv encourages new and exciting playstyles and metas? you just need to adjust your playstyle to adapt! - every cv defender on the forums 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[WNNR]
Members
323 posts
6,528 battles
27 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

but cv encourages new and exciting playstyles and metas? you just need to adjust your playstyle to adapt! - every cv defender on the forums 

Just dodge! am I rite!

• Cool 3

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles
Just now, carne said:

Just dodge! am I rite!

exactly!

just dodge the season like random battle queues with cv in it!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,016 battles
51 minutes ago, n00bot said:

And how do you handle all the Venezias?  Or you don't?

To be honest, we haven't really seen any teams stacked with venezia so far. Maybe since you're in a higher league the teams have different lineups?  We had a lot of success tonight by using the Stalingrad trio to steamroll one flank while the other 3 CAs hold/ kite the other side. Then once the 2nd cap is secure, the Stalins' turn into the flank of the enemy pushing the kite side and clean up. If we are going to be facing a lot of the teams you described then I guess that's something I'll bring up when we have our next strat and tac discussion. That does seem like it would be a pain to try to counter.

15 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Yes, but currently when playing against BB teams, CV teams get an unfair advantage. For one thing the CV teams get a ship that gets to pick away at the enemy teams HP with impunity. Secondly, and most importantly, the CV team gets a huge spotting advantage. The CV team gets to know way in advance what the BB team is doing and can set up to counter it while not being spotted themselves. Sure, you lose the firepower of the BB, but we've found the intel provided by the CV is much more valuable in most cases. Also, the BB team will usually need a DD to scout and unless its a halland,....well its no big secret that CVs are currently just about the biggest counter to DDs in the game. Lastly, there are clans out there who either don't have a t10 CV among them or lack a decent t10 CV player. Those are the groups I really feel for this season. They don't even have the option to go with the meta this season and to me, they really got shafted this season.

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles
Just now, admiralsexybeast said:

To be honest, we haven't really seen any teams stacked with venezia so far. Maybe since you're in a higher league the teams have different lineups?  We had a lot of success tonight by using the Stalingrad trio to steamroll one flank while the other 3 CAs hold/ kite the other side. Then once the 2nd cap is secure, the Stalins' turn into the flank of the enemy pushing the kite side and clean up. If we are going to be facing a lot of the teams you described then I guess that's something I'll bring up when we have our next strat and tac discussion. That does seem like it would be a pain to try to counter.

Yes, but currently when playing against BB teams, CV teams get an unfair advantage. For one thing the CV teams get a ship that gets to pick away at the enemy teams HP with impunity. Secondly, and most importantly, the CV team gets a huge spotting advantage. The CV team gets to know way in advance what the BB team is doing and can set up to counter it while not being spotted themselves. Sure, you lose the firepower of the BB, but we've found the intel provided by the CV is much more valuable in most cases. Also, the BB team will usually need a DD to scout and unless its a halland,....well its no big secret that CVs are currently just about the biggest counter to DDs in the game. Lastly, there are clans out there who either don't have a t10 CV among them or lack a decent t10 CV player. Those are the groups I really feel for this season. They don't even have the option to go with the meta this season and to me, they really got shafted this season.

everyone gets shafted this season, cv are dreadfully unfun to play with, this is by far the worst season yet, its just 18km sniping and waiting for cv to nuke someone.

best thing they can do is put subs and cv in their own game mode since there is a small minority of players that actually enjoy cv. Just keep clan battles clean.

• Cool 3

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,016 battles
16 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

everyone gets shafted this season, cv are dreadfully unfun to play with, this is by far the worst season yet, its just 18km sniping and waiting for cv to nuke someone.

best thing they can do is put subs and cv in their own game mode since there is a small minority of players that actually enjoy cv. Just keep clan battles clean.

Pretty much. Sadly I think WG will forever live in their fantasy world where CVs are perfectly balanced post rework. I mean think about it, there's nothing wrong with being able to 1 drop your CA of choice, delete any DD "except Europe" with 1-2 passes, have infinite planes, or be guaranteed 1-3 drops on anything you want no matter how good its AA is. And hey! I'm sure when subs go live they won't be safe either. I'm sure CVs will be able to mount huge alpha damage depth charges on their plan.....ooops, guess I shouldn't be giving them more "great ideas" right lol!? 

Edited by admiralsexybeast

[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

Which 25500 can rack up damage faster than the other.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
17,553 battles

I wonder where all the pro-CV trolls who lurk on every CV thread in the forums are other than the one who stumbled in apparently lost.

They'll tell you CVs are fine, balanced and not OP at all.

Not bothering playing this season at all as a DD thanks to this dusey of a decision to include nonsense already silly OP in 12v12 in 7v7.

I'm sure probably all of my clan mates would agree with the tone of this thread.

Excellent idea, wee-jahhhh.

Ya.

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,415 battles

They (WG) screwed this up by increasing the number of players in rank. 7 vs 7  to 12 vs 12.  This rent-a-ship (tier 10 ship) is offensive!!! How many players have you seen with less than 1,000 battles piloting a rent-a-ship with no clue what they are doing?  To many. 

• Cool 1

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

Yeah it’s depressing.

You can have success with a Holland on some maps (The ones where you don’t want a Stalingrad 12km from the contested cap if you can avoid it), but list diversity is gone. It’s especially sad for all the newbies and old guys who just want to pop in every now and then. Being essentially dropped from competitive because you don’t have a Venezia or Stalingrad is rough. This also doesn’t help getting said Stalingrad. 

[ARP]
[ARP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,348 posts
4,747 battles

CVs are definitely not the issue this season. It's the Venezias, all those goddamn Venezias. It's to the point where I have to drop my other Tier 10 grinds and grind to Venezia just so I can be useful to my team.

~Hunter

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles

Well most people are only going to play what is going to work in the game mode, I guess CL and CV work.  To a lesser extent BB can work and only the truly narcissistic will play dd because they are properly balanced.

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles
Just now, Hunter_Steel said:

CVs are definitely not the issue this season. It's the Venezias, all those goddamn Venezias. It's to the point where I have to drop my other Tier 10 grinds and grind to Venezia just so I can be useful to my team.

~Hunter

this is a troll right?

[ARP]
[ARP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,348 posts
4,747 battles
31 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

this is a troll right?

No, it's definitely not troll. Of the games we've lost, it was most definitely not the CVs. You try winning against 4 Venezias when that thing just dodges all your shots and you get cross-fired with impunity. We won our games that didn't have Venezias in.

Like, my clan has no issues dealing with CVs. We're not like some supposed Hurricane clans that can't deal with one ship lol

~Hunter

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles

I know things are different on cloud 9, so ignore if you are a uni.

With this meta being dominated by cruiers (most with decent AA) carriers haven't been doing well until the late stages of the match. The spotting helps greatly, but the attrition they suffer early game makes them neglable. If you have a fast BB like Ohio, you can win the match in the earily game before the carrier can really shine.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Let's not pretend clan battles have ever been that diverse. It's only because it's essentially down to two ship types that it's really noticeable. In any other season there are one or two meta ships per type(usually the best in slot and a counter or alternative).  Anything else is sub optimal.That's the nature of competitive games though, one tactic or comp is always going to more effective than others and so people will gravitate towards that.

Sign in to follow this