You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Alien_From_Uranus_

Question for Hapa or other WG staff on Moskva

40 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
84 battles

I am just asking to clarify for sure from wg staff to make sure.

So if we just research the moskva without purchasing the ship and having it in our port, when the moskva is changed into a Freemium we will get it for just having it researched but not having spent the credits on the ship and having had it in our port.

Is this correct?

I just want to be certain this is the case cuz i have only researched it and not purchased the ship for credits, and do not want to miss out on the Freemium cuz of a misunderstanding when i have researched it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,577 posts
17,761 battles

Yes this is correct.

Also consider you have a lot of time. This change does not happen until patch 9.5

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
5 minutes ago, Alien_From_Uranus_ said:

So if we just research the moskva without purchasing the ship and having it in our port, when the moskva is changed into a Freemium we will get it for just having it researched but not having spent the credits on the ship and having had it in our port.

Is this correct?

I just want to be certain this is the case cuz i have only researched it and not purchased the ship for credits, and do not want to miss out on the Freemium cuz of a misunderstanding when i have researched it.

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles

The sad part is the closer it gets to patch day, the more this same question will be asked...

• Cool 2

Members
5 posts
84 battles

Yes hapa but is it enough to have just researched the moskva with xp, or do we have to purchase the moskva also and have it in port when patch hits to get the freemium.

Hate to miss out on the freemium with misunderstanding we had to have purchased it  and have it in port and not just researched it.

• Boring 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
2 minutes ago, Alien_From_Uranus_ said:

Yes hapa but is it enough to have just researched the moskva with xp, or do we have to purchase the moskva also and have it in port when patch hits to get the freemium.

Hate to miss out on the freemium with misunderstanding we had to have purchased it  and have it in port and not just researched it.

If you read what I linked, it tells you exactly what you're asking.

-Hapa

• Cool 3

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles
1 minute ago, Alien_From_Uranus_ said:

You just need to have it unlocked. Various WG people have stated that on the forums/reddit/streams, and in the EU stream last week they even said to sell them right before 9.5 to get some credits back and you’ll still get them when 9.5 releases. And they said to clip/quote them on that, and if it doesn’t happen to contact support and they’ll give you the ships. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,577 posts
17,761 battles
7 minutes ago, Alien_From_Uranus_ said:

Yes. WG has stated on stream and in the forums that you only need to have it researched. You do not need to have it in port. 

If you have it.… you get the premium

If you had it you get the premium

If you have only researched it and it was never in port you get the premium. 

Same rules for the tier 5 by the way.

If you are not concerned with credits I would go ahead and get it. You have a month before the change happens. So you could wait, or you could get it now and sell it before the 9.5 patch to get some of the credits back. The ship is really fun, so unless you have a good reason why wait?

[WHARF]
Members
427 posts
19,360 battles
29 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Doesn't make sense,,,so you HAVENT bought it...but you get it for free...had my tier 10 researched and bought....now i have to regrind tier 9  to get my tier 10 back.....WG at its best...think i will past

Edited by dadeoo
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

But @Hapa_Fodder  lemme get this straight.  If I just RESEARCH it does that mean...................... 

Oh Man I can't do it to you ..   LOL

LittlePolishedDairycow-size_restricted.gif

• Funny 1

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
201 posts
17,408 battles
26 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If you read what I linked, it tells you exactly what you're asking.

-Hapa

If you going to reply to his question, why not answer it?

Now you have me wondering if WG is dancing around it?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,577 posts
17,761 battles
9 minutes ago, dadeoo said:

Doesn't make sense,,,so you HAVENT bought it...but you get it for free...had my tier 10 researched and bought....now i have to regrind tier 9  to get my tier 10 back.....WG at its best...think i will past

No you get the tier 10 that you did grind for regardless of weather or not you purchased it. You need to grind for a new tier 10. 

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
8 minutes ago, Bikk said:

Look,,,,,  I'm sure Hapa wouldn't tell you this because he seems to be an alright guy... But I will.

HE'S ANSWERED THE QUESTION 1000 TIMES!!!

ALL OF THE INFORMATION ANYONE NEEDS TO ANSWER THE QUESTION CLEARLY IS IN THE LINKED PAGE HE POSTED!!

WHY do you think he need to hold yours or anyone else's hand and type out the exact same thing 1000 times because people are too lazy to click that link!!

Sincerely, 

Hapa Anger translator volunteer.

txMlGaq.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles

Aloha,

Folks the reason I post the articles so that you go look for the information so that you know where to look. Which is what we should be doing, so in the future you can look this stuff up.

That article states in the second bullet:

"Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva."

SO I am not sure how much clearer it can be.

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,522 battles

Aloha,

Folks the reason I post the articles so that you go look for the information so that you know where to look. Which is what we should be doing, so in the future you can look this stuff up.

That article states in the second bullet:

"Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva."

-Hapa

I think this going to fix the confusion so far. If it does not, then it prove that reading is OP in the future

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,238 posts
1 hour ago, madgiecool said:

The sad part is the closer it gets to patch day, the more this same question will be asked...

agree feel sorry for him having to repeat same answers over and over ...

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
16 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

Make a sticky out of your own post, right here in General Discussion, with a more-to-the-point title, so that people are grabbed by something other than “Hapa_Fodder created a topic in Developer’s Co...”

• Cool 2

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

But hapa I dont understood!!!! I sold mushahsi to by kerov? are u seying i sell kerov and get nefsky fro free. also how is babby formed? 

• Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles
1 hour ago, Bikk said:

He did answer it, and for the sake of consistency he linked to the official answer. Stop inventing conspiracies. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Yes. WG has stated on stream and in the forums that you only need to have it researched. You do not need to have it in port. 

If you have it.… you get the premium

If you had it you get the premium

If you have only researched it and it was never in port you get the premium. 

Same rules for the tier 5 by the way.

If you are not concerned with credits I would go ahead and get it. You have a month before the change happens. So you could wait, or you could get it now and sell it before the 9.5 patch to get some of the credits back. The ship is really fun, so unless you have a good reason why wait?

^^^ This ...

Some time back I posted that there are really only a few key things you need to know 

1. if you have researched the Moskva, you'll get the Special Version with Type 20 PermaCamo for Free ... stats will be merged with Tech Tree version
  2. if you have researched the Kirov, you'll get the Premium Version with Type 9 PermaCamo for Free ... stats will be reset
  3. any other condition (buying, keeping, selling, resetting in Research Bureau) doesn't matter as they all require you first RESEARCH the ship(s)
  4. you'll keep any special camos you bought for Moskva (i.e. Aurora Space Camo) ... since Special/Premium ships already come with a free camo, if you bought a Type 20 it's useless; and there will be no compensation
  5. you'll keep any UU you have or are working on for Moskva

There's nothing else to do before the split, other then selling the ship(s) right before 0.9.5 drops to keep extra credits and starting to earn additional XP on Svetlana, Shchors and/or Donskoi to get replacement ships and/or continue the existing/new lines if they are of interest.

Edited by DocWalker
grammar error

[TRU]
Members
761 posts
22,725 battles
45 minutes ago, Baritone4 said:

But hapa I dont understood!!!! I sold mushahsi to by kerov? are u seying i sell kerov and get nefsky fro free. also how is babby formed? 

I about spit out my coffee by the end of your post.  

• Cool 1

0 posts
5 hours ago, Alien_From_Uranus_ said:

Is this correct?

Your questions answered here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/216039-clarification-for-selling-moskva/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-5033442

[--K--]
Supertester
1,581 posts
15,291 battles
15 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Make a sticky out of your own post, right here in General Discussion, with a more-to-the-point title, so that people are grabbed by something other than “Hapa_Fodder created a topic in Developer’s Co...”

Came to say the same thing. 

My title would be something like "all you need to know about the Kirov and Moskva in Update 0.85"

[SOFOP]
Members
2,478 posts
15,318 battles
15 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

They probably will, once the date gets closer.  They aren't going to sticky every upcoming change.  They told people well in advance that this was coming as a favor (they had no requirement to do so) and detailed it out (which people can't seem to be bothered to even try and google search for).

Once we actually get to Patch 9.4 even, I'm sure the entire situation will be laid out and stickied.  People are just anxious because, heaven forbid they miss out on a few extra credits.

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
25,862 battles

AHHHH  MAN !!  it sounded like it was happening this coming week !!

a month ?  to long to bother, I will just ignore this information

Russian ship line hype

and yes I have it researched