You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Gax_

Russian cruiser line split.

11 comments in this topic

[115TH]
Members
435 posts
4,292 battles

I have heard that when the Russian cruiser line splits 2 ships will be removed and made premium ships. I have also heard that they will be given to the players as premium ships if they have researched them at the time of the split even if you no longer have the ship in your inventory. 

I would like have some clarification and specifics if anyone knows about this.

Thanks

_Gax_

• Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,188 posts
8,228 battles

Yes 

I know I am going to sound like a jerk here but a simple search on Google or in the forums would have gotten you all the info you need. 

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles

Kriov (T5) and Moskva (T10).

If you have them researched, you get them as premiums.  Owning them is not required.

• Cool 1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,077 posts
14,243 battles

Yes. Kirov and Moskva are getting removed when the split goes live (so in 9.5, not the early access event in 9.4) and turned into premium/special ships. As long as either one has been researched at some point in your account history, you will get the premium/special version automatically. If you reset the lime, you will still get them even if they have not been re-researched or repurchased. The RB points on Moskva will be moved to Nevsky.

If you don’t have it, special Moskva will get the standard t10 permacamo (and all camos owned for/linked to Moskva will stay with Moskva), and Kirov will receive the standard t5 premium permacamo. If you have already purchased the permacamo for Moskva, as of right now you will not get any sort of compensation. You will also not receive any credit compensation for owning either one of them when they get removed (so your best option if you own either will be to sell them right before the split so you get at least some credits back. Any commanders trained for them will remain assigned to them and will need to be retrained for the replacement tech tree ships.

Moskva will retain her UU or UU mission if it’s unlocked, with the same end-of-year completion date as the other missions. Her UU may still be changed during the rework starting in 9.5.

We will not receive the replacement t5 or t10 CL, so if you want them you will need to grind them from the t4 and t9 respectively once the split releases in 9.5.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 3

[WOLF8]
Members
739 posts
9,634 battles

They will be Special ships, not Premiums.  Special ships do not earn extra credits.  Link below is a bit outdated so doesn't include the Kirov or Moskva yet.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,629 posts
17,807 battles
1 hour ago, _Gax_ said:

I have heard that when the Russian cruiser line splits 2 ships will be removed and made premium ships. I have also heard that they will be given to the players as premium ships if they have researched them at the time of the split even if you no longer have the ship in your inventory. 

I would like have some clarification and specifics if anyone knows about this.

Thanks

_Gax_

No need, your understanding is correct. 

If you want iron clad info wait for the 9.5 release article in a month.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,555 posts
6,443 battles
14 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

They will be Special ships, not Premiums.  Special ships do not earn extra credits.  Link below is a bit outdated so doesn't include the Kirov or Moskva yet.

Kirov will be a premium, Moskva will be a special.

[NSEW]
Members
2,483 posts
12,063 battles
51 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Kirov will be a premium, Moskva will be a special.

So just what is the difference? Does one cost lower to run if they were the same tier?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,555 posts
6,443 battles
14 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

So just what is the difference? Does one cost lower to run if they were the same tier?

Premium ships innately earn more credits than non-premium ships of the same tier.  Special ships do not.  All the Tier Xs that can have captains freely swapped, the second major trait of premiums, are special ships, which means their innate earnings are the same as tech tree Tier Xs.  If I recall correctly they have some innate servicing reductions, which translate into slight earnings, but as a flat boost rather than magnifying the effect of a great match's results.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,046 posts
52,332 battles

There has been nothing official posted on the WoWS website detailing the RU line split changes/compensation.  Hopefully they release something in the next couple of days.

[USMC-]
Members
362 posts
9,392 battles

So has anyone done the math as to which is better: selling Moskva or resetting the line for RB points?

I tried to research this but most threads devolve into saltiness regarding the permaflage.