Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ByrosOnline

Different gameplay changes & random thoughts.

2 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
3,431 battles

Hey Wargaming just some thoughts, feel free to spam with HE comments.

It seems that a sizable part of the player base are annoyed one way or the other with the re-balanced gameplay mechanics, ever since the CV rework I see more dissatisfaction & less players each day, yesterday I even got a 2 vs 2 random match, we were all surprised as we entered the match with only 4 cruisers.

Anyway, since the game balance is already whacked, why not try different things to really refresh things.

Automation - Auto-aiming, auto-steering, keep auto-everything for those who enjoy it, but enable an optional manual mode for those of us who really want to take control of our ships.

DDs

• Torpedo flexibility & customization - Lets us manually launch torps in series of 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x as a user selectable option on the fly, for those who still prefer automation leave the narrow/wide spread angles available.
  • Lets us choose the type of torpedoes we want to use on the fly  (deep water / normal ) just as BBs & CAs can switch HE / AP between salvos.
  • Allow all DDs to choose between, fast torpedoes with reduced damage / normal torpedoes with average damage / slow torpedoes with increased damage.
  • Tone down the module incapacitation when receiving HE shells, it's excessive.
  • Fix the broken radar that reveals ships behind islands, or just remove it for good.

CAs & BBs - 

• Player controlled secondaries (Optional) -  Let us aim the secondaries just like we aim our main guns. ( The captain skill with the same name is still semi-automated with aimbot)
  • Firing solution - Let us choose the type of shell that's going to be fired independently for each turret/gun If we want the front turret to fire HE & the rest AP allow us to do just that.
  • Shell types - Use consistent caliber & mass values to assign shell velocity, penetration capacity, range, damage & reload, not the biased & broken arbitrary parameters that are assigned to each ship.
  • Dispersion - It's way too accurate, as caliber increases so should dispersion & critical damage all the way to the biggest guns.
  • Reload time - Waiting half a minute or more to fire a single salvo on an arcade game gets boring, halve the reload times and halve the damage as well to compensate.

CVs -

Do we really need unlimited & expendable planes that get shot down and magically regenerate time after time? 

SSs -

Incorporate submarines as soon as possible, make sure to balance out the necessity to surface for oxygen, DDs & CLs should own submarines, while subs should own BBs & CVs.

All ship classes -

• Repair party work should be conducted gradually and not instantly, crews should not be able to magically put a fire down with a single button press, it should take some time & crews should also be able to conduct sequential repairs during the whole match by choosing what to prioritize to repair (fire/flooding/guns/engine.)
  • Flags should only be available for economic bonuses.
  • Ship customization - Ditch the magic flags for ship performance, use real hardware to alter ship parameters and specialization with better armor / speed / rudder / range / reload)
  • Allow full module access to all tier levels, a Tier 8 ship that gets matched against Tier 10 is at a serious disadvantage, but if it all tiers had unrestricted access to all upgrade modules it would help put to balance things a bit, after all modules are quite generic.
  • Match making & Tiers should be adjusted by year the ships entered service, matching a Tier 8 ship that entered service in 1940 vs a fantasy ship that was designed in 1950 and should have entered service in 1954 (but never did) is not good match making, how about a 5 year spread for tiers,: (1936-1940 Tier 9) - (1941-1945) Tier 10, etc.
  • Revamp module diversity, there's too little to choose from and lots of 
  • Collisions - Same damage from friendly or hostile collisions, if a team has lost awareness of their surroundings there should be consequences.
  • Fix RNG mechanics - A single shell can still magically cause a citadel hit versus a full salvo that ends up causing 50% torpedo protection hits + 50% overpenetration hits for 0 damage.

Other:

Historical PvP Scenarios Mode - Restrict axis nations & vessels to take on allied forces, not the current we're all friends mashup where all teams get vessels from all nations.

Historical development - We know the dev team is mostly Russian based, but please stop breaking the game with fantasy Soviet Ships that never existed and turn out to be armor fortresses with super guns that eat British, German, American & Japanese battleships , no offense but the Soviet Navy was a non factor in WWII, at that time their engineering & design was inferior to the aforementioned nations, just get a bit closer to what really happened and not what Stalin would have wanted it to be, if the fantasy trend continues next thing we know we'll get the Mexican Navy charging up the Pan-American fleet with re-branded & revamped Fletchers, Gearings, Baltimores & Iowas that outperform their American counterparts...

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles

Oh wow there's a lot of stuff here...

The carrier rework put wargamimg in a bad spot. This is for multiple reasons, but simply put, they have no idea how to fix it and the community doesn't agree on it either.

DDs:

Single shot torpedoes I absolutely approve of, widespread needs to go away.

Let's just save ourselves the trouble and get rid of deep water torpedoes. Asashio is too much of a one-trick pony.

Torpedoes trade range for speed, the payload does not change.

Destroyers are glass cannons, that's not going to change.

Radar might need a line of sight rework, but it's going to get a range buff if it does. Are you sure you want that?

CA/BB:

Secondaries and AA should have always been manual, or required the target assignment without needing the captain skill, from the start. (However, battleships and cruisers will absolutely crush destroyers if this happens. Which I suspect is why it hasn't.)

Different shells per turret is way too much coding for little benefit.

Balance takes precedence over consistent mechanics. If it didn't, the USN would dominate the game.

There is a weird balance between mass of the shell versus the distance of travels. The more mass a shell has, the less the environment can deviate its course. However, the farther it flies the more the environment has time to affect its course. I would love more realistic dispersion, but considering that the scaling of the game means the GK is the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer, I don't know where to start.

Not going to happen.

CVs:

As long as AA is effective, yes. Wargaming put themselves in a box with carriers having only one squadron up at a time. Either AA has to be powerful with plane regeneration or AA turns into a glorified firework show.

SS:

Let them take their time, you don't want another carrier disaster do you?

All:

I would not be opposed to getting rid of damage control party. However, the chance of flooding and fires will have to be nerfed, along with their effect times.

I don't think they'll ever get rid of magic signals, but I wouldn't be offended if they did.

We already have a lot of upgrades, which is why they have signals. Adding more upgrades starts to become a UI disaster. Although, I would prefer more upgrades over magic signals.

I'm not going to disagree with this either, although it requires a rebalance of all upgrades. However, the issue you are pointing out here is more of a matchmaking issue than an upgrade issue.

Absolutely not. Erie does not belong at tier 9.

Friendly collision damage gives way too much power to griefers.

This game doesn't work with that RNG, as annoying as it can be. 

Other:

People have been asking for more modes for a while, but when they come out there are many people who don't play them.

This sadly is not going to happen. The dev team is utterly incompetent when it comes avoiding power creep and taking liberties for paper ships. However, if they draw too much from history everyone would get smashed by the USN.

Sign in to follow this