You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

One map I wish WG would get rid of.

29 comments in this topic

Members
1,527 posts
7,165 battles

Now I can't speak for others about getting rid of this map, but one map that just seems to make so many players go full Darwin Award on is Shards. This map can just makes me shake my head everytime I see what players are doing. 

I know that there are players who suicide on all maps, but Shard is like suicide central when it come to random. 

Edited by USMC2145

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,331 posts
14,924 battles

I don't mind the new Shards but I do find it meh. Shatter is the one that I hate and wouldn't miss.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
4,185 posts
16,175 battles

I clicked on this thread assuming it was gong to pile in the hatred for Ocean. 

My bugbear is just the lack of new maps - more (even ‘unbalanced’) maps are direly needed. Just don’t used unbalanced maps in competitive and it’ll be fine. 

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,331 posts
14,924 battles
7 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

My bugbear is just the lack of new maps - more (even ‘unbalanced’) maps are direly needed. Just don’t used unbalanced maps in competitive and it’ll be fine. 

I did too and I was pleasantly surprised. I agree on the lack of new maps which could easily be addressed by scaling maps up or down in size.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

Shards is too broken to fix.

A fun idea, but completely [edited] in practice. Diagonal maps in general suck donks in a uniquely Mexican spectacle (HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!) , but Shards is...special.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,137 posts
4,345 battles
31 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I was expecting Tears of the Desert, haven't seen ocean in forever, so that one is my least favorite.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,428 posts
12,692 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

The old Shards was better then the current one.

Wait you mean it’s not the BBs fault we don’t get new maps . I’m sorry Naval I had to break your balls . 

[UNC]
Members
952 posts
6,409 battles

I just wish we had some asymmetrical maps still.  Every map now is just mirror image islands for both sides.  Sure, its balanced but it's so much less interesting.  As long as the asymmetry doesn't provide an advantage to either side, I see nothing wrong with it.

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles

I like Shards, although I like the old Shards better.

I hate Sleeping Giant the most. There are just too many islands, causing prolonged standoffs and it's a waste of time for all players.

[WORX]
Members
13,307 posts
20,159 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Wait you mean it’s not the BBs fault we don’t get new maps . I’m sorry Naval I had to break your balls . 

Maps haven't been an issue in term of "fair Play" for all ship classes Clamm.

If it was, I am on like Pooh on honey...

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles

I find this map to be one of the most enjoyable

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

sharts is a very poor map, pls remove, its far too small and having vertical islands just makes both teams do a clockwise maneuver before sitting either side of the islands waiting for someone to do something stupid.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't mind the new Shards but I do find it meh. Shatter is the one that I hate and wouldn't miss.

100% worst map in the game

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
19,012 battles

Personally I don't care for Tears of the Tier 8s, Islands of Ice, or Shards but I do like Ocean as there's no islands to camp behind.  

Meme Maker - shhhh-im-hiding-now8

Every time I see a BB hiding behind an island I think of this

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,109 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Me too. Shatter is everything wrong with WGs mapmaking in one map

[XXX]
Members
595 posts
1,604 battles

You really gotta work to make your team survive their life decisions.  I see so many mistakes. Like the Haru in this match at the start.  His reasoning is valid, but gave him away.  Early smoking, not turning off AA like one Shima yesterday, and more are such baseline mistakes that it really comes down to the player.

20200505_211829_PASA110-Midway_23_Shards.wowsreplay

[PVE]
Members
13,959 posts
29,482 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

THIS ^^^^^

I DETEST  the Shatter map. Hands down, IMO, the worst map in the game. There are others I dislike but it is what it is but this one just sucks.

I actually like the reworked Shards. Have played it in Co-op and PVP and think it is good.

Shatter though just is so awful. I cringe every time it pops up for me.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,779 posts
37,567 battles

Shards I don't mind.

Shatter could use some improvement.

Ice map should go back to their second version from long ago (the one with the little islands South), or maybe bring it back with another name.

Mountain Range I dislike for Ranked Sprint and I seem to get it more often than not. If you are in a cruiser trying to island hug for protection (as many cruisers should), and the whole red team moves to the other side of the mountain chain you are out of luck. If you move to the other side. you've got no protection and you might as well be in Ocean.

Lastly, they should rotate Ocean more often for fun.

Members
7,122 posts
22,685 battles
8 hours ago, Sou1forge said:

Shards is an odd way to spell Mountain Range.

:cap_yes:

No matter what ship I bring in that map I always start the game thinking I wish I had a different ship. Not a fan of Mountain Range either. 

[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles

True fact, a long time ago the oceans were freshwater.  Then WG implemented Islands of Ice, version 1.0, with OG torp detection and 3x Kitikami on each side. 

Members
2,681 posts
4,301 battles
11 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

That's what I was expecting too.  It was a pleasant surprise to find a complaint about a different map.