You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
motaz87

uss alabama

15 comments in this topic

[NET]
Beta Testers
579 posts
6,441 battles

i petition WG to remove uss alabama and replace it with the uss massachusetts . the bama is almost irrelevant, and never seen. i know its wishful thinking, but i hate seeing it collect dust in my port.

• Boring 1

[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles

Huh?  I don't get it.....why can't you have both?  I do.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
241 posts
13,242 battles
3 minutes ago, db4100 said:

I don't get it.....why can't you have both?  I do.

I also have both, they are different and used for different purposes.  If one 'had' to be removed, it would be the Alabama as its basically just a premium NC, whereas the Massy is a different play style 

Abbye

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
648 posts
1,873 battles

Is OP saying he want WG to replace Bama with Mass for everybody that owned Bama?

Members
641 posts
90 battles
59 minutes ago, motaz87 said:

i petition WG to remove uss alabama and replace it with the uss massachusetts . the bama is almost irrelevant, and never seen. i know its wishful thinking, but i hate seeing it collect dust in my port.

You just suck at bama so no we keep it. For me it is better than massa, its guns are amazing

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,442 posts
12,728 battles
52 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You just suck at bama so no we keep it. For me it is better than massa, its guns are amazing

Venom you really like the Alabama and that play style better than the Massachusetts . I have to admit I have been paddled by the Alabama a few times she hits hard but kind of to boring for me .

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,969 battles

I personally have both and love both for different playstyles. I have about 130 games in each.... Massachusetts has the better winrate but I play them about the same amount. But my Bama isn't below 50%either 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,328 posts
13,008 battles
3 hours ago, Abbye said:

I also have both, they are different and used for different purposes.  If one 'had' to be removed, it would be the Alabama as its basically just a premium NC, whereas the Massy is a different play style 

Abbye

Bama and NC are hardly close. Bama got fantastic torpedo protection and shortish range and poorer dispersions than NC. While the Showboat has one of the longest ranges in the game without a spotter plane: 27km. NC also got 2.0 dispersion if memory serves while Alabama got 1.8? Alabama may also have Iowa's penetration but don't quote me on that.

One isn't a premium version of the other,l; that's for sure.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
4 hours ago, motaz87 said:

Sorry, Charlie. The irrelevant ships are never removed.

I don’t play my Erie any more, because it is irrelevant to me; that doesn’t mean it should be removed from the game.

You can always remove your own Alabama from the game.

[WOLF3]
Members
31,043 posts
26,068 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Venom you really like the Alabama and that play style better than the Massachusetts . I have to admit I have been paddled by the Alabama a few times she hits hard but kind of to boring for me .

Alabama is actually more pertinent to the reality of a Tier X game than Massachusetts.  The guns are more consistent and 'Bama isn't required to be in brawling range to be effective.  It is however similar to the NC playstyle, but you're playing with the South Dakota-class style of defense benefits (better rudder shift, shorter hull, far superior TDS) that NC doesn't have.

What is amusing in the game is NC has such a terrible TDS value while SD-class has a vastly superior TDS.  Historically the TDS on the older NC-class was deemed superior to the SD-class by the US Navy after some more testing.  Iowa-class TDS followed the SD-class example, and so wasn't as good.  Matter of fact, the later developed Montana-class that the USN stopped construction of in favor of more Carriers, was to have used the lessons the US Navy learned and followed the NC-class TDS system and not the later SD / Iowa-class style.

Members
1,124 posts
12,168 battles

Dude “Lucky A” is the card you wanna put in your fedora strap when heading out to battle.  She ain’t much, but she sure is Lucky.  “Why isn’t the team focusing me and focusing on the Massachusetts?  (Gasp) LUCKY!”

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,442 posts
12,728 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Alabama is actually more pertinent to the reality of a Tier X game than Massachusetts.  The guns are more consistent and 'Bama isn't required to be in brawling range to be effective.  It is however similar to the NC playstyle, but you're playing with the South Dakota-class style of defense benefits (better rudder shift, shorter hull, far superior TDS) that NC doesn't have.

What is amusing in the game is NC has such a terrible TDS value while SD-class has a vastly superior TDS.  Historically the TDS on the older NC-class was deemed superior to the SD-class by the US Navy after some more testing.  Iowa-class TDS followed the SD-class example, and so wasn't as good.  Matter of fact, the later developed Montana-class that the USN stopped construction of in favor of more Carriers, was to have used the lessons the US Navy learned and followed the NC-class TDS system and not the later SD / Iowa-class style.

I like being in brawling range it’s fun. Your are correct about  tier 10 games with the better dispersion the Alabama has the better more reliable  guns  . But for tier 8 and when when your top tier the Massachusetts is just one of the most fun ships to play even in tier 10 it’s a blast . I’m sorry but the Alabama just doesn’t do anything for me no excitement boring US BB .

Edited by clammboy

[WOLF3]
Members
31,043 posts
26,068 battles
5 hours ago, clammboy said:

I like being in brawling range it’s fun. Your are correct about  tier 10 games with the better dispersion the Alabama has the better more reliable  guns  . But for tier 8 and when when your top tier the Massachusetts is just one of the most fun ships to play even in tier 10 it’s a blast . I’m sorry but the Alabama just doesn’t do anything for me no excitement boring US BB .

Personally, I loved Alabama in Tier X games and her strengths are perfectly suited for Tier X where getting into brawling range is hard.  There are games where the opportunity to brawl doesn't even arise.

On the flip side, I have been that Tier X like Montana and laughed at Massachusetts because she cannot get into the brawling fight where she excels at.  I have no respect for a Brawling Battleship that has 27kts and cannot impose itself on an unwilling opponent.  Even a 27kt Yamato / Musashi can safely kite and maintain separation if they so choose.

Fighting Tier VI & VII ships with a Tier VIII BB is easy peasy.  That's never the issue.  The issue is when Mass / Alabama / North Carolina have to fight in Tier X, where options can and will be limited.

One is best at bullying weaker, often slow, lower tier ships.

The other is more ideal to fighting in the reality of Tier X.  The reality of intermediate and long range combat.  The reality that ships there are fast, even the Battleships, and can use that speed to dictate the fight against a 27kt ship.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NET]
Beta Testers
579 posts
6,441 battles

so whats the different playstyle of the two, they both have the same main guns, the bama having slightly better dispersion, the mamie has the secondaries that may not die much but sure are fun. i never even see bamas in the game much these day but see big mamie almost every game.