You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Bots Ramming/torping each other at the start of COOP

27 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts

(Preface... Why is it not possible anymore to post anything here without just a bunch of people ( the same ones mostly) always turning it into a completely different issue and arguments over that have nothing to do with the OP? ) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was nice to get more ships in COOP but what use are they when over and over you see right off the start they just yolo into each other?? 

Especially DDs!  Three rounds in a row I saw them ram nose to nose full speed and you can tell that is exactly what they were programmed to do.  When they don't ram they pass port to starboard and take each other out with torps.

Why bother having them in the game if they are going to do this?

We lose Targets to play against , Tactics to practice , spotting.

What Gives?

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,244 posts
28,133 battles

Laziness of certain personages?

Gotta get those games over quick, and convince players Randoms are better; where blowouts mean the games might be over in ten minutes or so...

Saw you in a game last night Col.

Also saw what you said; pretty much by everything except two carriers.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
13,355 posts
20,181 battles

Co-op mains stated "We want harder Co-op battles."  Now, with less people/bots on the green side because of TK each other.... They should be happy, more DMG for real players...

No matter what WG does to Co-op, the "mains" will never be content with what they have...

• Boring 5

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,338 posts

Actually WG introduced the updated bots and they were actually a challenge to play against . But that meant longer play times so peeps just said no no no. The outcry was so much WG changed them back . Sigh. They actually should have left them as they were, updated. They were even better than some of the pvp players I've seen in coop. Lol. Speaking from a coop main prespective. And purely my own opinion " Bring them back!!!!"

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
16,244 posts
28,133 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Co-op mains stated "We want harder Co-op battles."  Now, with less people/bots on the green side because of TK each other.... They should be happy, more DMG for real players...

No matter what WG does to Co-op, the "mains" will never be content with what they have...

I’ve got plenty of other complaints about Co-op that have nothing to do about how ‘hard’ or ‘easy’ anyone else complains about it being. Things that have basically been a part of Co-op for forever.

It was ‘harder’ back when there weren’t any bot carriers; especially if a player brought a carrier, because the bots got an extra battleship.

That was great. Harder for the mercy rule to happen, more potential damage and xp.

But then, as you said; the complaints about it being ‘too hard’ started rolling in.

I’m like all; ‘Whatever people.’

I don’t believe @AdmiralThunder complained about the extra battleship, but can’t recall if he had an issue with the lack of ability to do shoot-down tasks because no carriers.

2 minutes ago, Versili said:

Actually WG introduced the updated bots and they were actually a challenge to play against . But that meant longer play times so peeps just said no no no. The outcry was so much WG changed them back . Sigh. They actually should have left them as they were, updated. They were even better than some of the pvp players I've seen in coop. Lol. Speaking from a coop main prespective. And purely my own opinion " Bring them back!!!!"

Not sure they haven’t done so. Though if ‘better,’ means ‘act like human players,’ WG has outdone themselves.

I’ve never seen bots do so many stupid things, including running aground, hiding, and pointlessly running away at the completely wrong times, as I have lately.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,338 posts
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I’ve got plenty of other complaints about Co-op that have nothing to do about how ‘hard’ or ‘easy’ anyone else complains about it being. Things that have basically been a part of Co-op for forever.

It was ‘harder’ back when there weren’t any bot carriers; especially if a player brought a carrier, because the bots got an extra battleship.

That was great. Harder for the mercy rule to happen, more potential damage and xp.

But then, as you said; the complaints about it being ‘too hard’ started rolling in.

I don’t believe @AdmiralThunder complained about the extra battleship, but can’t recall if he had an issue with the lack of ability to do shoot-down tasks because no carriers.

Not sure they haven’t done so. Though if ‘better,’ means ‘act like human players,’ WG has outdone themselves.

I’ve never seen bots do so many stupid things, including running aground, hiding, and pointlessly running away at the completely wrong times, as I have lately.

They had, they were live for about two weeks in November one year ago or so . They really did have a good play style it made you think . Bots kiting away sitting in smoke, they'd even torp smoke screens .

It was a good change . But only some thought it was . Everyone else screamed holy heck. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Versili
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
13,355 posts
20,181 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Prophet you have to remember, Co-op serves a purpose... A purpose the "mains" dont agree with, that is fine, its cool if the "mains" want to be a Sense for life. Doing time/battles in the Education zone of the game... That is what Co-op was meant to be used for.. 

Just because AdmiralT, (whom has made questionable suggestions in the past), did not specifically advocate for what I stated in my OP... It still doesn't stop other's from making their suggestions..

I will remind every "mains" or non mains,  "Be careful what you suggest/propose, you may not like the final result"

• Boring 1

[GWG]
Members
7,614 posts
14,511 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

It was nice to get more ships in COOP but what use are they when over and over you see right off the start they just yolo into each other?? 

Especially DDs!  Three rounds in a row I saw them ram nose to nose full speed and you can tell that is exactly what they were programmed to do.  When they don't ram they pass port to starboard and take each other out with torps.

Why bother having them in the game if they are going to do this?

We lose Targets to play against , Tactics to practice , spotting.

What Gives?

LET THEM.

I tried saving a few by machine-gun killing their Red Bot counterparts...   The results are awful.

Those little buggers turn into first class KILL STEALERS if you let them live.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Those little buggers turn into first class KILL STEALERS if you let them live.

There's no such thing as "kill stealing". If you didn't kill it, it's not your kill.

[GWG]
Members
7,614 posts
14,511 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

There's no such thing as "kill stealing". If you didn't kill it, it's not your kill.

Until THIS happens........

Outplayed by a bot...   and not just ANY BOT...

10_29_19_Alsace_B1.jpg

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts
1 hour ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

There should be a Co-Op only forum..... Seriously.

Why?

Most people here play  Ops, COOP AND Randoms , Ranked.

Just because you limit your world to one type of play why should they make the forums special for you?

Seriously.

gip2971919hy.gif

• Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles
7 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Why?

Most people here play  Ops, COOP AND Randoms , Ranked.

Just because you limit your world to one type of play why should they make the forums special for you?

Seriously.

gip2971919hy.gif

oh my gash... im detected, ill drop smoke and run full speed not use it and none of my team will either.... and if there is another bot he will too and we will ram.... and there will be much rejoicing...…...

See the source image

[VORTX]
Members
663 posts
8,412 battles
35 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Until THIS happens........

10_29_19_Alsace_B1.jpg

This is the worst when it happens. I hate friendly bots. I'd rather just be out numbered. Friendly bots are scum.

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Glass house , your stones are calling.   We all know you NEVER complain about ANYTHING right?

By your post people could come to the conclusion you have never played CoOp. That,  and have a limited knowledge of how a ship earns damage. ( hint; it takes other ships to be alive to damage them.)

First of all the whole notion of " MAINS" is a silly kid Clique thing that many of the people here even participate in anymore.

People play all sorts of ships.  All sorts of types of games here.  The old fashioned " MAIN" thing is dead.  

How do you do your math that when Bots Ram each other and take each other out in the beginning of the game that makes MORE DAMAGE available to the rest of the people playing.. 

I'm no elite " MAIN" type guy but less ships to shoot at means less  ships to damage.... 

Lemme check my math... YEP I'm right.

This is what happens when people reflexively post negative comments about everything just to do it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts
1 hour ago, Versili said:

I remember those .. They were GREAT!  I would pay to have that back.

[VOP]
Members
1,022 posts
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would rather have the bots suicide each other than play like randos who hide in the corner of the map.  WG's attempt to make it harder was just turning it into hide and seek rando play.

[WORX]
Members
13,355 posts
20,181 battles
1 minute ago, Airjellyfish said:

I would rather have the bots suicide each other than play like randos who hide in the corner of the map.  WG's attempt to make it harder was just turning it into hide and seek rando play.

Got to love 9v9 mod that made it possible for the hide and seek game play to flourish... The "mains" ask for it and they got it....

They also added CVs to make it harder, the "mains" proposed for it to be harder so WG obliged.

I just cringe in the back ground with every co-op proposition...

• Boring 1

Members
4,700 posts
45,702 battles
3 hours ago, Versili said:

Yeah, those bots were cold blooded killers. Even Random mains hated them.

The current bots ramming is hilarious. It used to be less frequent, but in a late match you get two bot BBs to ram and you just shake your head.

When a real player in a full health BB does it, it's just puzzling. I can't understand that logic at all. Bots do it all the time, but If you are full health, then that doesn't make sense.

The killer bots should be brought back. And feel free to drop them in a Randoms match to break the monotony of camping. LOL 😎😈

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
5 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

(Preface... Why is it not possible anymore to post anything here without just a bunch of people ( the same ones mostly) always turning it into a completely different issue and arguments over that have nothing to do with the OP? ) 

I was just thinking that the new-ish upgrade choice “Increase action time of all consumables by 10%” might really be good on certain ships.

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles
13 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

There should be a Co-Op only forum..... Seriously.

There is a PVE subforum....Seriously.

13 hours ago, Versili said:

Challenge? More like it just took longer to come to the same conclusion (95%+ wins) because they made them chicken bots that just ran away for most of the game. The long play time was NOT because they were harder to kill (skill wise) it was because they ran away and you had to chase them down or hunt them down almost like bot CV's.

13 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No I did not complain about the extra BB but it did make it harder. This was a real "challenge" for those playing Co-op at that time and people did complain about it though. I simply played my BB's more as it gave me the best chance to survive. 

I actually completed a lot of planes down tasks even ten by using Cruisers with fighters and charging other Cruisers with fighters. I did some 30 plane and 60 plane tasks. It was not fun but I did manage.

13 hours ago, Versili said:

They had, they were live for about two weeks in November one year ago or so . They really did have a good play style it made you think . Bots kiting away sitting in smoke, they'd even torp smoke screens .

It was a good change . But only some thought it was . Everyone else screamed holy heck. :Smile_honoring:

We only complained about the run away and hide chicken bots. As said above they did not provide any challenge it just dragged the games on and on for the same results and rewards. It was WAY worse than chasing down the bot CV at end of game that so many complain about now. The aggressive hard charging bots that Co-op players love turned into PVP player clones. That was not an improvement to the mode. 

As far as the other things they changed with the AI like using smoke, WASD more, being less predictable on their routes at start of game, etc... Co-op players loved that and asked they keep it. Players just hated the run away chicken bot behavior. WG took it all away though vs the ONE aspect people disliked and complained about.

If speaking about the past please keep it accurate.

11 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I remember those .. They were GREAT!  I would pay to have that back.

And I would double that amount to never see the chicken bots that just run away again.

11 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

100% correct. While some of the things they added as mentioned above were great they basically turned it into PVP Lite mode with the run and hide chicken bots. If I want that kind of play I can go to PVP. Oh wait, I hate that kind of play which is why I play Co-op where you actually close in and brawl/fight. 

10 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yeah, those bots were cold blooded killers. Even Random mains hated them.

The current bots ramming is hilarious. It used to be less frequent, but in a late match you get two bot BBs to ram and you just shake your head.

When a real player in a full health BB does it, it's just puzzling. I can't understand that logic at all. Bots do it all the time, but If you are full health, then that doesn't make sense.

The killer bots should be brought back. And feel free to drop them in a Randoms match to break the monotony of camping. LOL 😎😈

I have only seen "killer bots" occasionally. Seems like now and then the hard option applies and the bots are ruthless and clean up on the humans pretty easy. However, in that update people are speaking of (like 7.5 +/-) the bots weren't more ruthless. They actually were less ruthless and ran away more than they fought. They weren't any harder to kill, nor did they kill humans easier, they just ran away and dragged the games out. Now, they did WASD more, they would actually use their smoke, they didn;t just charge the same predictable paths at game start, etc... but none of that made them more ruthless.

That update was decent if they had just left the chicken bots out.  

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles
15 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

OH MY FREAKING GOD, HE'S BACK! THE LEGEND RETURNS!!!!  :cap_like:

• Funny 2