You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Master_Chief69

More game modes needed

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
145 posts
2,177 battles

1) Historical battles.. I know this has been suggested before however many of us enjoy the game for the historical aspect. It would also add a new flavor to the otherwise stale game play modes offered

2) Make clan battles a permanent game play mode.. Set the hours like you do now but make it so clans can actually schedule what nights they want to play, not what nights you want us to play.

3) Make arms race permanent in the Random battles rotation. It's a fun mode in my opinion. 

4) Supremacy mode. Random batltes with pre-made teams. Introduce a ranking system in this mode and offer rewards accordingly.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
11,082 posts
19,206 battles

They can't even maintain and improve the ones they have, so lets have more half finished and not updated or improved modes. Half of the scenarios are not functioning, there is no plan for new ones. Co op ends before all of the enemy team is defeated and bots shoot their own team mates. Random battles are generally blowouts and understandably so, I think mostly from RNG. When a BB gets 6 hits and takes 3,000 hit points and an opposing team gets 30,000 with the same six hits or even detonates the opposing ship, it creates an imbalance and if that happens two or 3 times in the first 3 minutes of battle, it's bound to be a blowout. Ranked battles are just mini Random battles with the same problems of Randoms with the added benefits of the grind and first loser wins. Clan battles (why it's called Clans in a Naval game, I can't figure out) I don't play them, so I have no Idea the problems but I would guess that RNG is a major one.

So Yeah, lets get some more half thought out modes, it follows WarGamings logic.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[UKN]
Members
102 posts
7,813 battles
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

They can't even maintain and improve the ones they have, so lets have more half finished and not updated or improved modes. Half of the scenarios are not functioning, there is no plans for new ones. Co op ends before all of the enemy team is defeated and bots shoot their own team mates. Random battles are generally blowouts and understandably so, I think mostly from RNG

Tend to agree, especially regarding scenarios. Blowouts are in part a side effect of unexperianced players. More importanly, more game modes = less people per game mode (on average) which results in more unbalanced/weird MM.

[SALVO]
Members
26,344 posts
30,458 battles
5 hours ago, Master_Chief69 said:

1) Historical battles.. I know this has been suggested before however many of us enjoy the game for the historical aspect. It would also add a new flavor to the otherwise stale game play modes offered

2) Make clan battles a permanent game play mode.. Set the hours like you do now but make it so clans can actually schedule what nights they want to play, not what nights you want us to play.

3) Make arms race permanent in the Random battles rotation. It's a fun mode in my opinion. 

4) Supremacy mode. Random batltes with pre-made teams. Introduce a ranking system in this mode and offer rewards accordingly.

1. WG tried this in WoT and it was a spectacular failure.  And I see no reason that trying it in WoWS wouldn't end in the same disastrous result.

2. Please god, NO.  I'd rather have clan battles be less common, not the reverse.  CBs have gotten very boring and making them permanent would only increase the level of boredom they create.

3. I wouldn't mind Arms Race being another battle mode in randoms and coop.

4. This one requires a more detailed explanation.

Beta Testers
145 posts
2,177 battles
18 hours ago, Crucis said:

4. This one requires a more detailed explanation.

What I was thinking was something along the lines of the original team battles.. Introduce a premade system where you can bring 11 players with you.. against other premade teams.. have a ranking system.. and rewards accordingly.. make it for say 6 weeks or so.. This way if your short a player you can bring someone in from outside your clan.. just another way to mix it up.. 

[SALVO]
Members
26,344 posts
30,458 battles
1 hour ago, Master_Chief69 said:

What I was thinking was something along the lines of the original team battles.. Introduce a premade system where you can bring 11 players with you.. against other premade teams.. have a ranking system.. and rewards accordingly.. make it for say 6 weeks or so.. This way if your short a player you can bring someone in from outside your clan.. just another way to mix it up.. 

MC, honestly, I didn't like the old team battles BECAUSE of the ranking system, or the semi-permanent nature of the teams.  What I'd rather see is something like Tank Companies from World of Tanks, where there was no ranking and all the battles were just pick up games.  You'd just form a team yourself.  The team leader could choose whom to accept or reject.  If you wanted to have a team only composed of clan members, you could.  We would leave a spot or 2 open on the team and use it as a clan recruiting tool, to get potential recruits playing with us to see if we thought that they'd be a good fit.  It was MUCH more enjoyable than WoWS' original team battles, by miles.