Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Player_1632443379

.wowsreplay - how do i replay such a game file?

3 comments in this topic

[SCRUM]
Members
53 posts
14,033 battles

Using what application can I use to replay the video of a game file with an extension of ".wowsreplay" ?

Further, in what file location can I find a copy of chat (during game play and port)?

Edited by Player_1632443379

[UNHLY]
Members
5,033 posts
14,137 battles

The replay files are played through the WoWS client. They’re not videos though, just a long list of instructions telling the client what to display. 

To play them, you need to either associate the .wowsreplay extension with the game client (by setting the client as the default program to open that file type) and then you can just double click the file, or you need to drag the file onto the .exe for the client (the client, not the WoWS launcher). For that second option, the easiest thing would be to create a shortcut to the worldofwarships.exe on your desktop and drag the file onto that. 

If you want a recording of a game to view outside the client, you’ll need to run it in the client and use a screen recording program to record it. Keep in mind replays only work in the main version of the game they were created in (for example, a replay from 9.3 would still play in the current 9.3.1, but won’t play in 9.4 or later), so if you want to save a replay for viewing long term you need to record it.

Chat during the replay would display in real time when the replay is loaded and played in the client. I believe a few players (including some of the kots team) are working on a program that would extract various elements from the replay file including chat, but it’s still in development and nothing’s been released publically.

To my knowledge, port chat is not saved anywhere on your computer, it’s only recorded and logged on WG’s end. 

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
12 hours ago, Player_1632443379 said:

Using what application can I use to replay the video of a game file with an extension of ".wowsreplay" ?

Further, in what file location can I find a copy of chat (during game play and port)?

Aloha,

Hopefully the below link will help!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Sign in to follow this