You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

Ideas for submarines and sub mechanics.

3 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
215 posts
1,547 battles

There are a few things I would change regularly with the subs maybe take away some damage from the torps and allow them to surface and use their deck guns instead of only being able to go to periscope depth. (Allow them to move faster on the surface as well) Maybe give submarines or other ships mine laying mechanics as well.

With that in mind there are some very cool and interesting subs that could be added. (Would have to be like tier 10 subs)

The IJN I-400 Class it would be huge slow easily detected but when on the surface it can launch 3 bombers controlled similar to a CV the planes can not return to ship and reload etc unless it is on the surface. (It also has a 140mm deck gun along with AA)

The French Surcouf was a huge sub 10 torpedo tubes and dual 203mm deck guns again big slow but can dual other ships on the surface to some degree or go for a powerful surprise attack.

The HMS-X1 a heavy cruiser style sub as well having 4 130mm guns capable of engaging surface ships to a degree along with 6 torpedo tubes.

The HMS-M3 with its single 305mm gun could be fun as well maybe allow people to change it to the mine laying variant if they for some reason wanted to not have a pop up 305mm cannon out of nowhere.

The HMS-M2 had a built on hangar for an aircraft as well a sub with a spotting aircraft could be cool.(I think the Surcouf had one as well)

The HMS-M1 had a 305mm gun as well and it could be fired from periscope depth could be an interesting mechanic since it could only reload it on the surface.

Of course there is all the A-M along with the R and V classes (stay away from the K unless you want to crash) all of them would make up the rest of the tiers 

German Type XXI some deck guns but nothing special it however could rapidly fire off its torpedoes due to a new electric loader and it had 6 tubes pointing forwards.

• Boring 1

[EQV]
Members
215 posts
1,547 battles

Um what does that have to do with these ideas and if it was I would not even suggest some of these ridiculous subs.