You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

Scrap Flint for steel

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
314 posts
18,477 battles

Can I scrap the Flint for some steel, it was given as the ranked reward before the steel thing, and since it's taken off of the shelve as no one wants to buy it anymore  :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles

It was "taken off of the shelf" because WG planned (and may still plan) on converting it to a Coal ship. Simply put, almost every player who regularly accumulates Steel already has the thing, so they wanted to offer it up to a new market.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,198 posts
12,809 battles

Or they realized it would be smashed by the ifhe nerf bat and couldn’t justify it as a steel ship

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
24,433 posts
18,402 battles
56 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Or they realized it would be smashed by the ifhe nerf bat and couldn’t justify it as a steel ship

If you even took IFHE in the first place. I never had it on my Atlanta and I will never miss it. I did keep it on the Smolensk, however; she ALWAYS sees Tier 10, being one herself, and although I played with taking it off, the ship seemed to lack that certain bit of 'bite' without it. Atlanta can still see lower tiers.

The real nerf was to the fire chance, for ships in which that is already very high. Smolensk puts out so many shells for so many hits per minute that she makes up for it by overloading RNGesus and forcing him to comply. I haven't had any problems starting fires in her.

• Boring 1

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,967 battles

The problem is that I spent steel on mine and now iif it's gonna be for coal.... If that's the case, I had to spend a harder earned commodity on it... Doesn't seem fir to me. 

• Boring 1

Members
2,177 posts
6,481 battles

That's life what's fair about It???? You buy a car for $50.000 dollars, the minute it hits the street its worth $25.000. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,256 battles
34 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

The problem is that I spent steel on mine and now iif it's gonna be for coal.... If that's the case, I had to spend a harder earned commodity on it... Doesn't seem fir to me. 

If the servers shut down tomorrow, your entire investment will be worth zero anyway, enjoy the games you had in her.  I have the Flint myself (bought in steel ) and I can't wait until it's released in coal so the potato army can wreck it's stats.  I have a unicum PR in the Atlanta and a scrub PR in the Flint do to mostly elite players being the only Flint owners.

Everybody is crying about in game currency inflation regarding coal, steel and fxp - yet no one seems to understand that all those currencies are far far easier to earn and abuse due to camos, signal flags and events than they were when the Missouri cost 750,000 fxp.

• Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,187 posts
8,191 battles

No way WG would let you take a ship you got for free and turn it into steel. So many people would loose there mind. 

I do like the idea of selling ships for something other then just credits. 

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

It was "taken off of the shelf" because WG planned (and may still plan) on converting it to a Coal ship. Simply put, almost every player who regularly accumulates Steel already has the thing, so they wanted to offer it up to a new market.

Particularly those of us that enjoy even occasionally farming Narai lol. That is the one thing Flint undeniably does excellently.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I bought the Flint with early this year after finally getting enough Steel to do so.

So far I have experienced zero regret, and have had great fun playing it.  It's a wonderful ship.

Don't even run IFHE on the captain I usually use with it, it's not necessary.   If you can aim the lobby shells, you're hitting the enemy from above, where there's usually plenty of stuff that the 127 HE can penetrate, plus you're starting fires, plus it has useful torpedoes.  

E:  Put Flint on the list of things I very much like about WOWS.   

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[BTLST]
Members
772 posts
11,861 battles

Have Atlanta and love it, especially playing Naria where it is a gold mine generator of credits and everything else.     So Flint is on my list of ships to get and I will when it comes out as Coal.

Biggie D61 really put the steel on target with his reminding us that we own nothing and the moment WoWs, or WoT's ceases to exist we will still have nothing to show for any money we have invested in this game and our fleets.    But it is the same as playing golf, and far cheaper, so I am happy with the joy it brings me in playing the game and manipulating my ships and captains.

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

No refunds.  Nothing was taken from you.  The ship is still in your port and you have played battles and gained xp and credits with her.  Enjoy!

Edited by Rustyhole

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,672 posts
9,070 battles
3 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Probably more likely this.

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,672 posts
9,070 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Particularly those of us that enjoy even occasionally farming Narai lol. That is the one thing Flint undeniably does excellently.

I feel like the Helena does an even better job from a few Flint owners I've spoken too. 

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles

No one gets refunds.  You can sell any ship for credits, including premiums, but that is all.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
58 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

They ruined it.  Completely.  You can't penetrate anything at a higher tier.  It used be really good when up tiered.  Now it's terrible.

I can't think of a ship with superstructure that resists even 21mm of pen. 

The only ships that should be heavily resistant are ships with small superstructures.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, Tigermaus said:

I feel like the Helena does an even better job from a few Flint owners I've spoken too. 

Flint has worked well and if you know how to launch torpedoes so that the bots don’t instantly know you targeted them then the torpedoes can be added asset.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
8,993 posts
13,152 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I bought the Flint with early this year after finally getting enough Steel to do so.

So far I have experienced zero regret, and have had great fun playing it.  It's a wonderful ship.

Don't even run IFHE on the captain I usually use with it, it's not necessary.   If you can aim the lobby shells, you're hitting the enemy from above, where there's usually plenty of stuff that the 127 HE can penetrate, plus you're starting fires, plus it has useful torpedoes.  

E:  Put Flint on the list of things I very much like about WOWS.   

and 420 blaze it generator