You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mpwardawg

Ranked Battle Experience - Phew

8 comments in this topic

[TRU]
Members
762 posts
22,820 battles

I now almost believe the conspiracy theorists that this game wants you to keep playing.  I ranked out just a bit ago, and let me tell you, it was fun until I hit rank 2.  I then won a battle, and was 1 away from ranking out.  The next 4 battles - blowout losses.  Luckily RNG and MM jesus then smiled upon me and figured I suffered enough.  

Some thoughts:

1.  7 vs 7 is better imho.  You have way more impact on the game and it seems like you have less allies running off and doing their own thing.

2.  The long ranged BB shots REALLY count.  See that half health Yoshino lobbing HE from where he thinks he's safe?  Finish him, before he can heal up.

3.  The buffs are a fun way to force non-static gameplay with a twist.  However, lots of DDs die early trying to get the one in the middle.  

4.  Holy radar.  

5.  Allowing a two tier system mixed things up a bit, in a good way.  

6.  While there were some toxic players, for the most part, people seemed to be good natured.  A Conqueror player on the other team reported me for doing too much damage to him.....

7.  CVs seemed rather uncommon.

8.  Next ranked sprint would be great in tiers 5 and 6, with the 7 on 7 format.

9.  I just began using MM monitor and it seemed to be "funky" for ranked battles.  I will have to look at the settings to see if you can tell more about a player other than the 2 ranked battles they played.

GL all.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,286 battles

7v7 is far better in my opinion too, 12v12 isn't really a sprint.

The buffs in the middle of the map are a trap, they aren't worth being sunk over but they always seem to attract the Yolo brigade.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,020 posts
7,847 battles

I'm  seeing  no CVs unless I play one and then the wait time is long..  I am also not seeing very many DDs.   Arms race IMO lessens the value of CVs for sure..  the heal buffs IMO make CVs DOT models virtually ineffectual except for spotting, and striking DDs, which of course, isn't so much an issue with the lack of DDs? I've decided to grind some T9 cruisers and DM Donskoi to prep for the split...  All those seem less  useful with all the heal buffs, DOT damage just can't keep up with the buffs. ..  I believe the Heal buffs need to come out of arms race..  

[TRU]
Members
762 posts
22,820 battles
2 hours ago, iRA6E said:

I'm  seeing  no CVs unless I play one and then the wait time is long..  I am also not seeing very many DDs.   Arms race IMO lessens the value of CVs for sure..  the heal buffs IMO make CVs DOT models virtually ineffectual except for spotting, and striking DDs, which of course, isn't so much an issue with the lack of DDs? I've decided to grind some T9 cruisers and DM Donskoi to prep for the split...  All those seem less  useful with all the heal buffs, DOT damage just can't keep up with the buffs. ..  I believe the Heal buffs need to come out of arms race..  

Yes watching a Conqueror go from 2500 HP to nearly full health with the super heal and the buffs was something else.  I was in a Harugumo and I felt like I was wasting my time.  Even with fires he was adding health. 

Members
7,122 posts
22,678 battles
17 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

Yes watching a Conqueror go from 2500 HP to nearly full health with the super heal and the buffs was something else.  I was in a Harugumo and I felt like I was wasting my time.  Even with fires he was adding health. 

lols in regular ranked in arms mode I did 238k to one Montana. I didn't kill him, and that isn't counting any damage he took from other ships.

Kinda silly in reality.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles

If they are going to put 12 ships per team in a ranked type of battle, then they need to add an extra saved star too. One star saved was fine for only 6 or 7 ships per side, but not for the train wreck that is 12 per side.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
19,012 battles
2 hours ago, iRA6E said:

Had at least three DDs in every match but only the occasional CV. Perhaps that's because I'm a BB and Cruiser player, no clue. 12 v 12 with the non stop heal made focus fire and finishing targets a priority but with some of these teams everyone just wanted to do their own thing. Honestly I'm just glad that's over. I know WG wants to put that mode into Random matches but man, it is not for me. 

Prior to rank 5 it was pretty salty in chat. After that it seemed to calm down. I also wouldn't mix the ranks like that again although I did like mixing Tier 9 and 10 together.