Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PvtFodder

Constant game freeze

6 comments in this topic

[TCBOO]
[TCBOO]
Beta Testers
129 posts

#1 I have verified my diver and Windows updates are all good.

#2 Before this latest patch I could run the game on 3440 x 1440

Now my game will freeze when I'm zoomed in to shoot. I comes back after 5-10 secs then is fine for a bit then it does it again. the game is now unplayable and I have been on the game since beta. This has only been happening since the latest patch.

Members
2,177 posts
6,481 battles

They are constantly upgrading the graphics, You might have gotten to the limit of the graphics card.....Try turning down the resolution.

[WORX]
Members
13,307 posts
20,159 battles
5 hours ago, PvtFodder said:

1 I have verified my diver and Windows updates are all good. 

What process did you use to update your drivers ???

Community Department
3,342 posts
1,300 battles
6 hours ago, PvtFodder said:

#1 I have verified my diver and Windows updates are all good.

#2 Before this latest patch I could run the game on 3440 x 1440

Now my game will freeze when I'm zoomed in to shoot. I comes back after 5-10 secs then is fine for a bit then it does it again. the game is now unplayable and I have been on the game since beta. This has only been happening since the latest patch.

This issue may have different reasons, so we'll need some info for investigation. Please create WGCheck report and attach it to the ticket to our Support, add some details and we'll see what can be done. 

Spoiler

en_voAgm15c.jpg&key=b98f8519edd1a55831be

Before this it's better to check these points and confirm them in the ticket also:

Spoiler
  • delete modifications if you have any (you may also start game in a "Safe mode", check this with the right edge of "Play" button in WGCenter)
  • "check and repair" client via WGC >> Game Settings (This topic may be helpful with the first two points)  
  • delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder and set everything manually again with the next game launch 

Thank you for the report. 

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
360 posts
13,340 battles

Unfortunately this person is not the only one having this issue.  Since the last update I went from being entirely stable to crashing in about 33% of my battles requiring me to close the program and relaunch all hopefully before I have died or cost my team the match.  I updated my drivers two days ago by completely removing my old drivers, rebooting in safe-mode, verifying the drivers are gone and no ghosts remain, rebooted and performed a clean install of the drivers.  I ran WGs repair tool and it found no issues, ran the report there was 1 file that it said shouldn't be there and deleted it.  I run NO mods.  I am running an NVIDIA 1060 GTX, the fastest ram I could buy and an Intel 8700K (not overclocked), the game is installed on an SSD and im on a Gigabit connection.  I routinely run the game on max settings at around 60-80FPS at 3840x1080 and have a stable ping of 35ms.  Ive checked the utilization and my CPU doesn't get above 20% and my video card is averaging about 50% on the current settings.  I lowered my graphics settings as one person suggested but it had absolutely no effect.  

What I am noticing is the game is freezing briefly even on initial load before the WG logo comes up so that I get a brief warning from windows that the program has stopped responding before it completes the load.  Also when I click to exit the game using the menu it can take 10 seconds before the game finally closes or I get another "not responding" error message.  I deleted the preferences.xml file and reset all my settings and I am still crashing.

Members
3 posts
7,132 battles

Every game since last week has ended in my game locking up without the ability to alt-f4 out.  I submitted a ticket letting them know that it happened once in the queue, and multiple times when switching to map view or using the binoculars.  I checked to make sure all my drivers were up to date and then did a fresh re-install of the game.  Still no  good.  I've now lost nearly a weeks worth of premium time and have penalties for leaving the game early.  It's so frustrating!

Sign in to follow this