You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

To: WG Why: a Heads Up...

117 comments in this topic

[HEL-3]
Members
472 posts

Not that you will care, and will probably be flamed, but here goes; Ill keep it short, writing this on my phone...

I have 5.2 Million FXP, which I usually use for RB;

I am NOT spending any of it on the New Freemium ships..

SCENARIO:

One) IF you had made both new T10 DD's for 1 Million or 1.25 Million, I would have bought BOTH (even if they are somewhat mediocre/ and 0Or Im tired of smokeless DD's to death now..)

Now that you have made them 2M Each, I am NOT buying any of them, Period, and keeping my FXP for God Know's what...

Two) If you Release AGIR or SIEGFRIED or ODIN as mediocre ships, Im not buying them ...

In fact, I have bought MAINZ and the Lunar New Years ships, and thats it this year; why ? Too many mediocre ships, or Overpriced, or BOTH..

Just a Head's up, that you business decisions are making me HOARD FXP, Coal etc., and my Wallet purchases are way down !

Conclusion;

Good Going , I guess ?

Regards

JM

PS I am a Mega Whale btw, I usually buy everything, every month..

Edited by SerahKhan
Typos
  • Cool 12
  • Boring 10

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,127 battles

its good that you have told them your actions, and why.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles

So

1) You can get both T10s instantly and you are complaining they are too pricy?

2) If premium ships come to be overpowered people will complain they are pay-to-win, the whole point of premium ships is to provide a unique experience and increase resource gain (which they do), not to give the payer an unfair advantage.

• Cool 18
  • Boring 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
5 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

So

1) You can get both T10s instantly and you are complaining they are too pricy?

2) If premium ships come to be overpowered people will complain they are pay-to-win, the whole point of premium ships is to provide a unique experience and increase resource gain (which they do), not to give the payer an unfair advantage.

:Smile_amazed:

Now I would rather see more tier 2 - tier 8, some tier 9, premiums/freemiums because that is where the ships with an interesting history are.

• Cool 6

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts

Thank you for being a while because it lets people like me play for free.  I do sinceraly appreciate it.

How did you get so much FXP???

The price for these new ships is getting out of control.  Most of us dont have endless amounts of great flags and camo.  

After grinding 7 lines I am out of flags and the great camos.

It would be nice to have more t5-8

Ship question for you.  I have enough gold built up, its taken about a year.  I can get 2 perma camo or buy the Mass.

What do you think is the best to do?

• Boring 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles

I have to agree here. Ships are getting outrageous in price. PR was a tier 10 (which regularly sales for around $90.) Even with all the rewards, which could have been in a bundle for ~$150. But no, they asked for $300 or some money and the most painful grind I have ever seen in the game. Getting a pixel ship is not worth a flight for me to the Island itself. This is in conjunction with the freemium ships. Which have gone from 1 million per tier X to to 2 million. Why? because people aren't converting enough free xp (you know that's what it's about.)

If they want us to buy free xp, they are going to have to stop giving it to us. Otherwise, very few are going to spend money on this scheme. Seriously, a ship is not worth $250 worth of converted xp.

I'm seriously waiting to the player base to stop accepting this crap, we should have all had a boycott during the entire PR event.

Edited by Tyberius_D
  • Cool 5

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,117 battles

They could at least change the conversion rate for FXP with Doubloons to 35 or 45. 25 is ridiculous.

I have 16 mill convertible FXP. What in the actual F am I supposed to do with that? I'm certainly not converting any of it at 25 FXP per Doubloon.

• Cool 3

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles
2 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

They could at least change the conversion rate for FXP with Doubloons to 35 or 45. 25 is ridiculous.

I have 16 mill convertible FXP. What in the actual F am I supposed to do with that? I'm certainly not converting any of it at 25 FXP per Doubloon.

They want you to spend that money!

It's low for a reason, and the fremiums keep getting more expensive so we will spend to convert.

This is bad buisness, pure and simple.

HEY WG, YOU WANT MY MONEY? HERE'S WHAT YOU GOTTA DO:

1) Annouce when these are coming 3 months in advance!

-A) Nerf Missouri's credit income to Georgia's level, and let me buy it!

-B) Put Black on the Premium shop, and let me buy it!

-C) Run a sale on Premium ship cammo (you know, the permanate ones that reduce costs and gives more XP.) 25% off if you buy 5?

-D) x4 sale weekend on Free XP. I've got a lot to convert, but I'm not taking such a crappy trade as 1 to 25 for something I have Millions of.

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,541 posts
6,417 battles

The ships cost 1 million or 2 million FXP because they see the number of players sitting on 5, 10, 15 million FXP.  They aren't priced at 1 or 2 million for the guys sitting at 100k FXP.

Also, no, demanding ships be overpowered to justify their price is nonsense.  They should be in line with the tech tree Tier IX and X ships.  Musashi was a mistake.

• Cool 1

Members
148 posts
7,005 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Thank you for being a while because it lets people like me play for free.  I do sinceraly appreciate it.

How did you get so much FXP???

The price for these new ships is getting out of control.  Most of us dont have endless amounts of great flags and camo.  

After grinding 7 lines I am out of flags and the great camos.

It would be nice to have more t5-8

Ship question for you.  I have enough gold built up, its taken about a year.  I can get 2 perma camo or buy the Mass.

What do you think is the best to do?

Go for Massachusetts, arguably my favorite ship in the whole game.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles
8 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Musashi was a mistake.

Damn right!

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts

WG have got more greedy and will continue to push their cows to produce more cash.

PR was one such example of where they pushed it too far and pretty much had to admit they overstepped the mark. It affected too many of the community at the same time - they thought too big, got too greedy.

So now they go back to divide and conquer:

There are many that have FXP hanging around so can afford to pay higher FXP prices - as long as some can argue it's ok, WGs on a winner.

Yet we know some of those same people complained that PR was a money grab - because they didn't have that resource.....money to burn. It's unfair that people with money could buy their way to it......

But why is asking too much of one resource ok, but asking too much of another is not?

The fact is it isn't - but as long as there are some that say 'well I'm ok - so it's ok', then we only have ourselves to blame. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

i think the puerto rico was the base price for a tier ten premium as so many people bought it disregarding it cost them $300 therefore wargaming believes everyone will pay $300 value for every tier 10 premium?

• Cool 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

The ships cost 1 million or 2 million FXP because they see the number of players sitting on 5, 10, 15 million FXP.  

No, they're priced that way because they want more money. The inflation in this game has gotten out of hand. Look at what the buy in prices to early access tech tree ships has gone to. Look at what ship packs have gone to (Chinese New Year pack was north of $250). Look at what the buy in price of Puerto Rico was. Did you notice the Spring bundles they just dumped out? Instead of discounts they threw in some trash filler to inflate the price. That's with over 30 million people out of work in the US alone. This company is greedy and out of touch. What percentage of the player base do you delusional people think there are that are just sitting on 5-15 million free XP? I'd place a cash bet that its below 2%. Nope, they want to stuff their coffers with all that cash spent on conversion by the poor saps that don't have a great grasp on self control. Thinking otherwise is naïve. 

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,478 posts
18,475 battles
6 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

"Watch me use my money as a reason why people should listen to me."

• Boring 6

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,377 posts

WG... players have too much FXP... ok lets put some ships for sale for fxp and make them expensive...  ok

hmm didn't work..

ok lets reduce fxp earnings... 

• Funny 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

totally agree with op. another way to drain fxp is sell more ships for cheaper fxp. imagine fxp ships at every tier for every budget. the guys stockpiling 20-50M fxp would drain it just the same becuase these guys usaually need to have every ship. or why not make commanders for fxp? 175k coal for kuznetsov makes him the price of a coal ship. why not make him available for 1M fxp? you would have takers. @Hapa_Fodder has this idea been kicked around at hq?

[BEA5T]
Members
5,297 posts
24,125 battles
7 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

Not that you will care, and will probably be flamed, but here goes; Ill keep it short, writing this on my phone...

Just a Head's up, that you business decisions are making me HOARD FXP, Coal etc., and my Wallet purchases are way down !

Conclusion;

Good Going , I guess ?

Regards

JM

Well said !!!   They ASSUME Whales will do, buy everything & anything they want immediately.......   They really do.  Now, they will look up your spending records and tell themselves:  "he's just a one off and won't do anything"......  That's the hard reality we face.  They simply don't care. 

I am glad you said this to them.  In other games, entire "clans" (teams in those games) did the same thing and were ignored.  Those games imploded to the point those game corporations released new single player games to cover their losses.

Thanks.........they might just listen to you cause they aren't listening to the F2P community at all.....  

@Hapa_Fodder your team might want to listen to several of the complaints these in-game spenders are saying........this isn't the first Whale to say they are getting frustrated

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes !   Don't you agree that people that spend real money on this game are they "primary income generators" for this corporation vis-a'-vis F2P players????  The real customers?

If not the spenders, whom else would have the clout to "make a difference" in an attempt to save a game they love>>>???

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
24,478 posts
18,475 battles
3 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Don't you agree that people that spend real money on this game are they "primary income generators" for this corporation vis-a'-vis F2P players????  The real customers?

Just because I spend money on this game doesn't mean my opinion is worth more than that of someone from the free-to-play crowd.

• Boring 3

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
6 hours ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

Go for Massachusetts, arguably my favorite ship in the whole game.

Thank.  Seems to be what everyone says.  There may be one person out there but knowone has wished they had not gotten it.

Members
2,441 posts
14,108 battles

Watch you continue to berate others when they post. 

• Cool 5

[TDRB]
Members
5,325 posts
13,743 battles

I believe you have the target incorrect. The OP was speaking to WG via an "open letter" not to fellow players.

42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just because I spend money on this game doesn't mean my opinion is worth more than that of someone from the free-to-play crowd.

The OP did not make or imply his/her opinion held an higher value.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 4

Members
2,441 posts
14,108 battles
45 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

your team might want to listen to several of the complaints these in-game spenders are saying........this isn't the first Whale to say they are getting frustrated

All the whales I used to play with.. left.. I was a mini whale for a while...  I am still here but have not spent any $$ in almost 2.5 years... and there are reasons. But if they are expressed here,  I am censured and penalized.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
2,441 posts
14,108 battles
3 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I believe you have the target incorrect. The OP was speaking to WG via an "open letter" not to fellow players.

The OP did not make or imply his/her opinion held an higher value.

This is typical behavior in here.. attack the messenger.  It ought not to be allowed... but it is... ( and yes Hopa I am breaking the rules,.. again.. by mentioning the moderation of the resource... )

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
12,668 posts
11,787 battles
56 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

totally agree with op. another way to drain fxp is sell more ships for cheaper fxp. imagine fxp ships at every tier for every budget. the guys stockpiling 20-50M fxp would drain it just the same becuase these guys usaually need to have every ship. or why not make commanders for fxp? 175k coal for kuznetsov makes him the price of a coal ship. why not make him available for 1M fxp? you would have takers. @Hapa_Fodder has this idea been kicked around at hq?

I like all these ideas.  If there was something other than 1-2M FXP ships or the RB to spend FXP on, I might actually join the FXP rat race.