You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

What REALLY sucks...

16 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,590 posts
19,795 battles

Being the guy in the plane that gets whacked in the last second of the game...

shot-20_04.20_19_51.13-0882.thumb.jpg.c1b7a14be53e3f33aaa9becfd32a9b88.jpg

• Funny 3

[WOLFC]
Members
545 posts
9,547 battles

He must've shown one of the other pilots a photo of his high school sweetheart from back home, and told the story of how after this one last battle, he was shipping out, and they were getting married....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,256 posts
16 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Like the American soldier, Henry Gunther, who was killed one minute before the Armistice in WWI. He probably thought "Are you kidding me?!" as the light faded.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PVE]
Members
8,504 posts
24,614 battles
8 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

He must've shown one of the other pilots a photo of his high school sweetheart from back home, and told the story of how after this one last battle, he was shipping out, and they were getting married....

Might as well have been wearing red in the opening scene of a Star Trek episode :-0

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,330 posts
14,924 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Like the last soldier to be killed in WWI -- one minute before the Armistice -- he probably thought "Are you kidding me?!" as the light faded.

Or Wehrmacht Maj. Josef Gangl being the only "allied" casualty fighting alongside US troops in the Battle for Schloss Itter against the SS on May 5, 1945, the war ended on May 7, 1945. It is one of those stories that would never fly in fiction except for the fact that it really happened and to make it even more unbelievable SS Hauptsturmführer (SS equivalent to Major) Kurt-Siegfried Schrader fought with Gangl and the Americans against the SS.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 2

Members
4,678 posts
45,486 battles
43 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Yep, he raised his own death flag. It's hard to take it down after that.

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts

The B29 raids over Japan on the last day and get shoot down.

Have You had the chance to fly behind the German glider that drops the buffs.  Its very well done.

Members
4,678 posts
45,486 battles

My bomber pilots are always getting shot down right in the middle of a drop and suddenly the target is hit by a teammate BB. The almost there, then your teammate gets the ship. It's not like he doesn't see me about to drop. He does, but it's funniest when you make the effort to set up the dive and just as you are about to release, ship sunk by teammate.

About 24 pilots don't get back, some BB player is like yay! I got me a low HP kill that a CV was working on. Yeehaw, yippee kayay, sucks to be you CV 😈.

Okay, I am done venting....

:/   😏:cap_viking:

Members
1,660 posts
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

That and vacuums.  Those things really suck!

[NEMO]
Members
170 posts
12,881 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Like the American soldier, Henry Gunther, who was killed one minute before the Armistice in WWI. He probably thought "Are you kidding me?!" as the light faded. 

He was kinda asking for it, if I read it right. Wanted to get a kill in before the deadline but got waxed himself instead. And the Germans tried to wave him off first. Still better than those Mayaguez guys who got accidentally left behind.

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Gunther was a bit of a looney though. Decided to charge a German machine gun position all by himself at 10.59am with his comrades screaming at him to stop. Even the Germans held off firing and yelling at him to fall back before they were forced to shoot him..

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,256 posts
9 hours ago, ruggus99 said:

He was kinda asking for it

9 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

Gunther was a bit of a looney though. 

I guess he got the recognition he wanted as he is in the history books. Apparently he was prone to getting into trouble and being stripped of his rank too. I watched a movie once about the only American executed by the Army in WWII. The movie made the guy out to be some kind of unsung hero who had been set up as an example by the government. Then I read a historical book about the same guy and found out that he was a no-account and criminal in civilian life and in the military had been given chance after chance to return to his unit and not face court martial but refused. 

Members
590 posts
5,040 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The movie made the guy out to be some kind of unsung hero who had been set up as an example by the government. Then I read a historical book about the same guy and found out that he was a no-account and criminal in civilian life and in the military had been given chance after chance to return to his unit and not face court martial but refused. 

Hollywood in a nutshell.