Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Are the ARP Myoko's a good example of captain quality

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,453
[CVA16]
Members
6,436 posts
19,996 battles

Don't know if this has been discussed before but I was looking  WOWS stats ( in preparation to actually get the Myoko, finally, slowlyl going up the IJN CA line) and noticed there is a fairly large spread in the WR and damage for the ships. Myoko beats all the ARPs but that MAY be due to  slight differences in ship capabilities. What made me wonder was the differences in the ARP ships. 2.3 point WR drop from ARP Myoko to the ARP Haguro (the one I have, go figure)  with 5K less damage done.  2.3 WR% is fairly significant. I assume that these are identical ships so it is all on the players driving them. I would have thought the ARP ships should do better than the stock Myoko just because the average player  (and captain) of the ARPships has been around for a while but that is not the case.Tech tree Myoko seems to be a slightly better ship.

All the Kamikaze sisters are pretty close in stats.

Is there a factor beside who is actually driving each ship I am missing?

Edited by Sabot_100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[-AGW-]
Members
1,030 posts
17,530 battles

Absolutely no difference. The only thing I could see is the quality of the captain you can put into the clones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,122 posts
22,659 battles
17 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Don't know if this has been discussed before but I was looking  WOWS stats ( in preparation to actually get the Myoko, finally, slowlyl going up the IJN CA line) and noticed there is a fairly large spread in the WR and damage for the ships. Myoko beats all the ARPs but that MAY be due to  slight differences in ship capabilities. What made me wonder was the differences in the ARP ships. 2.3 point WR drop from ARP Myoko to the ARP Haguro (the one I have, go figure)  with 5K less damage done.  2.3 WR% is fairly significant. I assume that these are identical ships so it is all on the players driving them. I would have thought the ARP ships should do better than the stock Myoko just because the average player  (and captain) of the ARPships has been around for a while but that is not the case.Tech tree Myoko seems to be a slightly better ship.

All the Kamikaze sisters are pretty close in stats.

Is there a factor beside who is actually driving each ship I am missing?

Most players obtained the ARP ships through a campaign. I did well.

Who is going to outfit 5 of the same ship and waste all the resources to do so? The  reason ARP ships have bad stats is that they are used for events, many times with no modules. Up until recently the camo was not as good economically as other premiums. Ignore the ARP stats, use only the Myoko as your guide. And BTW, it is an awesome ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,651
[WPORT]
Members
9,815 posts
14,329 battles

Aside from the entertaining Arpeggio of Blue Steel anime character voices of their Captains, the awesome camouflage and their righteous torpedo-hit special effects, the ARP clones of Myoko are clones.

I've got four of them, each with slightly different modules and Captain Skills set-ups.

Most of how they perform is dependent on how the player sails them.

Plus the "stock" Myoko has been in the game longer, to rack up more "stats".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,651
[WPORT]
Members
9,815 posts
14,329 battles
3 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Who is going to outfit 5 of the same ship and waste all the resources to do so?

I wouldn't call it a *waste*.   :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
967
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles

The Myoko and her clones are all identical. I know I set up each one differently to try out different builds so perhaps other did the same and that is why the stats are a little different. A few words of advice on the ship:

It has great guns and torps but don't make the mistake of launching the first set of torps and then turning to launch the other once detected. You have to give a lot of broadside to launch those torps so if you're detected don't do it, or you will be punished. The AA is ok but don't think for a second that it will stop a determined CV captain; he'll lose planes but still get a strike off. Your HE is great but don't be hesitant on using AP; expert loader really helps here. Over all, great ship that I enjoyed playing. 

Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,903
[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,076 battles

It’s weird but I do differently depending on which of the ships I use; Minekaze, Kongo, Myokos.

But, as others said, the basic ship is still the ship, the only difference is who’s driving it, and when they drive it. (Does a player, suck or are they good? How is their mood?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[-AGW-]
Members
1,030 posts
17,530 battles

^ Yeah. I do well with Southern Dragon. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Myoko beats all the ARPs but that MAY be due to  slight differences in ship capabilities. What made me wonder was the differences in the ARP ships.

No difference, but I'd assume that there is a variation in how many of each are in the game seeing as they were given out in sequence and not all at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,630
[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Don't know if this has been discussed before but I was looking  WOWS stats ( in preparation to actually get the Myoko, finally, slowlyl going up the IJN CA line) and noticed there is a fairly large spread in the WR and damage for the ships. Myoko beats all the ARPs but that MAY be due to  slight differences in ship capabilities. What made me wonder was the differences in the ARP ships. 2.3 point WR drop from ARP Myoko to the ARP Haguro (the one I have, go figure)  with 5K less damage done.  2.3 WR% is fairly significant. I assume that these are identical ships so it is all on the players driving them. I would have thought the ARP ships should do better than the stock Myoko just because the average player  (and captain) of the ARPships has been around for a while but that is not the case.Tech tree Myoko seems to be a slightly better ship.

All the Kamikaze sisters are pretty close in stats.

Is there a factor beside who is actually driving each ship I am missing?

The Myoko either had it's citadel lowered or it's armor layout altered awhile back & I don't believe the ARPs did...but I may be wrong about that.

Also...until very recently the ARP ships got zero bonuses from their camo...no +3/+4 of all the other camos in the game so they had the 3% worse detection & no 4% dispersion bonus from their camos.

That may not seem like a lot but it is in an overall long time comparison test.

And if the ARPs didn't get the lowered citadel or armor layout changes (don't remember which it was) as the tree Myoko that is a huge difference because the Myoko used to be a meme w/how easy it was to citadel.

BTW...the tree Myoko was around for awhile by itself before the ARP ships arrived.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,773
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
2 hours ago, NashW8 said:

Absolutely no difference. The only thing I could see is the quality of the captain you can put into the clones.

I also want to add that another reason why tech tree ships below Tier X have lower server values is that people get them stock, and often have to do a grind to even get to a fully upgraded status.  The difference is going to be more substantial when you get to higher tiers, as the grind to go from stock to fully upgraded status gets even longer.  Meanwhile a Premium is already fully upgraded.

 

You can check NA server's 1st Quarter 2020 stats here and see how Myoko stacks with her clones.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstats/na/ship_20200328.html

I typically avoid using regular stat sites like WoWS Stats & Numbers because their stats are polluted with the entire history of the game and not isolated to more current realities of WoWS.  Iowa, Montana for example have years worth of stats where they had their initially tall Citadels.

23 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The Myoko either had it's citadel lowered or it's armor layout altered awhile back & I don't believe the ARPs did...but I may be wrong about that.

Also...until very recently the ARP ships got zero bonuses from their camo...no +3/+4 of all the other camos in the game so they had the 3% worse detection & no 4% dispersion bonus from their camos.

That may not seem like a lot but it is in an overall long time comparison test.

And if the ARPs didn't get the lowered citadel or armor layout changes (don't remember which it was) as the tree Myoko that is a huge difference because the Myoko used to be a meme w/how easy it was to citadel.

BTW...the tree Myoko was around for awhile by itself before the ARP ships arrived.

Myoko and her clones have the same armor values, the same Citadel, as well as Cit armor thickness.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,630
[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Myoko and her clones have the same armor values, the same Citadel, as well as Cit armor thickness.

I knew they were all the same when they were introduced so guessing the changes (whatever they were) to Myoko also got applied to the ARPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[--K--]
Supertester
1,581 posts
15,291 battles
4 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Most players obtained the ARP ships through a campaign. I did well.

Who is going to outfit 5 of the same ship and waste all the resources to do so? The  reason ARP ships have bad stats is that they are used for events, many times with no modules. Up until recently the camo was not as good economically as other premiums. Ignore the ARP stats, use only the Myoko as your guide. And BTW, it is an awesome ship

Raises hand, why would I want to gimp myself ? All of my Myokos and Kongos got modules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,377 posts
22 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Raises hand, why would I want to gimp myself ? All of my Myokos and Kongos got modules.

Same i use my  ARPs to farm the daily  xp bonus and to train up captains same as i do with my "BLACK" ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,637
[ARGSY]
Members
24,414 posts
18,358 battles
9 hours ago, Sethanas said:

No difference, but I'd assume that there is a variation in how many of each are in the game seeing as they were given out in sequence and not all at once.

The initial release was a VERY long time ago compared to the gap between the original releases; those stats should have stabilised by now.

What has undoubtedly destabilised them since is the re-release this year. Because the ARP Myoko could be won for free in-game, I'm willing to bet there was a VERY large glut of ARP Myokos put into the population as compared to her sister ships (Ashigara, Haguro, Nachi), all of which could be won for free in the original event (as could the Takao, I believe) but which were only available for sale in this year's event.

I loved my Myoko, but I never got around to buying a permacamo for it because WG never put on another half-price camo sale after Christmas 2018. That turned out to be a good thing. With the coming of full premium status for the ARP ships, I picked up the ARP Myoko for free in the event and she has taken her tech-tree sister's place. And why not? I have the Mogami, after all; tech tree Myoko has nothing left to do, and the only reason I keep her is because of snowflake events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,122 posts
22,659 battles

The camo scheme also recently changed. I believe the original ARP ships did not have the dispersion and concealment buffs baked in, only the snazzy paint job. And you couldn't swap out camos either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,773
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
1 hour ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

The camo scheme also recently changed. I believe the original ARP ships did not have the dispersion and concealment buffs baked in, only the snazzy paint job. And you couldn't swap out camos either.

The ARP Myoko Clones didn't have the camo bonus baked in.  I remember specifically comparing my Stealth Builds on my regular Myoko with Perma-Camo and the concealment on my ARP clones with the same captain that had CE.  The tech tree one with camo was stealthier with the same build because the ARP clones couldn't use camo.  The pattern repeat itself with the ARP Kong-class clones and ARP Takao (Atago is of the Takao-class CAs).  Of course that changed not too long ago just prior to the recent ARP re-re-releases.

 

Before the changes it was a big reason why I didn't use my ARP ships much.  This also happened with Southern Dragon.  Eastern Dragon was probably the same thing, but I didn't have that one.

 

Anyways, I love my Myoko-class CAs.  Hell, they got better armor than Tier VIII Mogami.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×