You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree: May 1 to 3, 2020

35 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
24,498 posts
18,502 battles

The vast majority of my effort this weekend was devoted to finishing the Nagato grind, while first wins were 200% and Tier 8 IJN BBs were discounted. I gambled some Type 59's and Draconic flags and got through this much more quickly than I ever dreamed I could. Picked up the Amagi and I think she's OK so far.

Also advanced the Sinop, picking up her B gunfire control system and 75% of her B hull. Not being stuck with the range of a Baltimore is going to be good, even though I know the Sinop's guns are at their best at shorter ranges.

I'd planned to hard-grind a bunch of other stuff, but I'm running low on credits and I need to build those back up again. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles

Been using my +777 fxp signals and a couple of the xp signals to spam through mission two of the new campaign

(Co-op, the 200% first win, the signals, and my T8-10 cruisers.)

Looks like it will be back to Friesland for block three.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[HELLS]
Members
2,849 posts
31,653 battles

Went through Cleveland and got Seattle in my regrind CL quest. Now to finish the thing up and get Worcester. On to Colbert (a real MN ship-BTW)! After that I shall sit back and observe the sub fiasco when it drops, then make a decision on staying in the game at ANY level. I am all done spending any coin on this...

[ARS]
Members
154 posts
3,036 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Ranked. Is. Borked. 

About 1 in 4 games is what I would call a decently competitive match. The other 3 are stomps. Got to R3, done with it.

Edited by schizrade

[NG-NL]
Members
6,589 posts
10,936 battles

Progressed a bit more on Helena/Baltimore/Yorck regrind for RB points.

Shimakaze and Harugumo saw some Ranked. Seeing how much is campfest and needing reliable firepower vs. any sort of target, went with Conqueror. Hit ranked 3 with chiefly wins yesterday and today. It's actually not worth trying to save a star in the 12v12.

Also fragged @Ducky_shot with a torp. Did a victory dance.

shot-20.05.02_16.28.33-0265.jpg

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,302 posts
24,168 battles

Let's see.  Only played the first sections of the daily missions.  BP competitions Saturday (2 Firsts and a Second (a tie and we flipped to see who won) - nice to out and with friends in the woods/range)  Just played daily mission Sunday and was so bored that I did yard work.    I can't wait till there is something worth doing.  Visited my GS the other day and he is now only playing Blitz; and, he showed me the Ise and the Black Kamikaze.     I want the Ise and the Black Kamikaze.  Come on, the animation is done done for Blitz....  Why not in the PC version???

[WOLFC]
Members
2,808 posts
11,345 battles

Took advantage of the +200% first win bonus to stack some flags and hoover in the ECXP and FXP, as well as progress my Baltimore and Hawkins grinds a bit.

Also finally decided to move on from my Cleveland and took my Seattle out for the first time in ranked and had a few enjoyable matches being that guy who parks behind the island in the cap zone and makes all the reds’ lives miserable.

I’ve come to the conclusion that with ranked sprint being 12v12 it’s too hard to reliably carry or save your star. I’ll just go along for the ride and end up wherever I end up.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,211 posts
12,875 battles

The normal CB and NB stuff. Continued on multiple grinds including for the Oland, Nicholas, sov  soyeuz, iowa, schors for the alternate heavy line, and jap bbs and dds.

ran a few ranked aprint games to get to rank 5. hope to finish tomorrow before CBs start.

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
653 posts
12,855 battles

Co-op a bunch of mud tier grinds that are stalled for the 200%. 

Enjoyed a little Ranked Sprint. I'm just using it to grind on the Brindesi. All the heal buff means extra damage and XP. I'll get as far as I get.

Nice run on CBs last night.

[AAA]
Members
815 posts
19,495 battles
13 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The vast majority of my effort this weekend was devoted to finishing the Nagato grind, while first wins were 200% and Tier 8 IJN BBs were discounted. I gambled some Type 59's and Draconic flags and got through this much more quickly than I ever dreamed I could. Picked up the Amagi and I think she's OK so far.

Also advanced the Sinop, picking up her B gunfire control system and 75% of her B hull. Not being stuck with the range of a Baltimore is going to be good, even though I know the Sinop's guns are at their best at shorter ranges.

I'd planned to hard-grind a bunch of other stuff, but I'm running low on credits and I need to build those back up again. 

Grats, Amagi is fun ship if you get good at angling her correctly when bottom tier. She does not do well if you show too much side to the T9 and 10s your gonna be facing going forward.

Guessing you did not pull the trigger on the Hayate or Smaland as yet either.

For me this weekend was good for getting objectives/goals knocked off the to do list, WR wise not so good. Completed items:

1. Unlocked Halland - still trying to get accustomed to her, she feels like she turns like a bus even with the rudder mod.
  2. Amassed +2M FXP, still haven't pulled the trigger on any of the new dds as yet. Might hold off until the RU split.
  3. Ranked out.
  4. Completed Mino LM grind. Have about 15k base xp to get the Repub one completed.
  5. Four stars left to complete part 4 of the Pan Euro Campaign.

[WOLFG]
Members
12,695 posts
11,804 battles

Friday:  I sucked.  Got two crates and a daily and bailed.

Satuday:  All over the place, but the lowlight was throwing a game when I messed up an approach and ended up ramming a ship when I was the only human.

image.jpeg.f5fd213abf16cf58d7f60a1e88037a87.jpeg

but it (I) got better and I played to three crates and two dailies.

Sunday, I hit everything I looked at, but wasn't feeling it, so I logged off after 6 games, 

Edited by DrHolmes52

[SRBL]
Members
556 posts
15,165 battles

Ranked out and used all eco flags and top camos in the process, went from 3m fxp to about 3.5 and also did mission 4 in the campaigns 6 times (35k fxp) in the process. Made my IJN torp boat line captain currently in Fubuki 19pts with all the ecxp I earned. 

Edited by Tom_Greg

[ARGSY]
Members
24,498 posts
18,502 battles
3 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Guessing you did not pull the trigger on the Hayate or Smaland as yet either.

I'm far more likely to pull the trigger on Hayate than Smaland. Smokeless DD play is something I have to be in the mood for, whereas I'm always content to grab an IJN DD, go into co-op with it and make the bots lubricate their ocular mechanisms. Also, I'm still only at the Vasteras, and I want to be comfortable with  high tier EU DD play before I even look at Smaland.

The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that FDR's resource has not been announced. I would like it to be anything other than FXP, and if that's the case I will pull the trigger on Hayate immediately. I have seen enough play with her on various streams to be happy with what she brings to the table. By the time I accumulate another 2 million FXP, I will be ready for Smaland.

• Cool 1

Members
448 posts
16,723 battles

I finished Mission 1 of the EU campaign and started working on Mission 2. Played a bunch with my 19 point captains for ECXP, and used the 200% games to get XP on various ships in various lines (all in co-op).  Was able to get to the 3rd crate and finish the 2nd daily mission both Saturday and Sunday, which were pluses.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,390 posts

Also made the push to get Amagi with the sale on, managed to grab her and had saved enough fxp to upgrade right away... then couldn't buy my 200% win.. so ran off to coop to get it so i could get to bed lol...  also made decent progress to Bismarck and N Carolina, should get those both unlocked this week, but will be a while before I can afford them and the freexp to upgrade them.

As a result i was pretty salty in game....  oh well...    

tried arms race... hated it...  this didn't help my saltiness..

[ARGSY]
Members
24,498 posts
18,502 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

then couldn't buy my 200% win.. so ran off to coop to get it so i could get to bed lol.

Gotta confess, there are 200% days when I play a hell of a lot of co-op games across various ships. I simply don't have time to play all the ones that matter to first random wins every night; might as well suck down as much XP as I can as quickly and easily as possible. At least I have a fair swag of premiums I can use to stick captain XP on 19 pointers.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,390 posts
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Gotta confess, there are 200% days when I play a hell of a lot of co-op games across various ships. I simply don't have time to play all the ones that matter to first random wins every night; might as well suck down as much XP as I can as quickly and easily as possible. At least I have a fair swag of premiums I can use to stick captain XP on 19 pointers.

I had some 10-15k exp games in t7 randoms yesterday after modifiers (all econ flags and perm camos)...    i think i only managed 3.5k in coop...  but it was better than missing out altogether.

[KEGEL]
Members
300 posts
13,632 battles

It's great to have the bonus 200%, been a while tho incredibly stressful as you want to make the most of it before it ends. 

Grinding out more lines than I care to & almost exhausted my stock of Draconic flags & type 59s.

T7 Kiev, 1 T8 DD unlocked, working on 100k for the other.

T7 Shchors, additional XP for split.

T9 Donkey, additional XP for split.

T10 Moskva, XP component for UU.

T8 Albemarle, approx 50k left to Drake.

T8 Orkan, approx 100k to Ostergotland.

T9 Mogador, approx 120k to Kleber.

T9 Chung Mu, under 100k to Yueyang.

T9 Brindisi, maybe 70k left till Venezia.

T10 Z-52, XP component for UU.

T10 Gearing, XP component for UU.

T10 Zao, XP component for UU.

T10, Henri IV, XP component for UU.

T10 Conquerer, XP component for UU.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,498 posts
18,502 battles
5 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

T7 Kiev, 1 T8 DD unlocked, working on 100k for the other.

I think you mean the Minsk?

It's no wonder that my Minsk captain was my first Russian to reach 19 points; grinding that ship out twice was at once exhausting and also a lot of fun (Kiev was quicker and got done first). YOLO runs in co-op with instagibs on BBs and cruisers are a slow but entertaining way to work through a Russian destroyer, and the high co-op win rate keeps you going. I had the good fortune to score a free permacamo for mine, and that (plus the fact that I already had won-in-game permacamos waiting for the Kiev AND the Ognevoi, plus a Halloween 10 pointer pre-trained to the Kiev) motivated the grind even more.

8 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

almost exhausted my stock of Draconic flags & type 59s.

So easy to do. I whaled on crates recently (Ovechkin 2-captain bundle) and have been saving up my Type 59's for ages, but I still guard them like Gollum guards the One Ring...

I'm not at all concerned about when I do or don't get the new Russian cruisers, but one obvious concession I will make: any Tier 7 cruiser play I do for fires in directives is likely to be on the Shchors in the first instance.

13 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

incredibly stressful as you want to make the most of it before it ends. 

I used it to help me get to the Amagi over the weekend and will probably play the Sinop in Randoms a lot for the rest of this week, but otherwise I'm not going to sweat it. Most of the time, for me, grinds happen when they do. I have enough ships at almost all tiers to do whatever I need to, and all the rest is want

Members
448 posts
16,723 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

also made decent progress to Bismarck and N Carolina, should get those both unlocked this week, but will be a while before I can afford them and the freexp to upgrade them

They should be fun; especially doing a secondary build on the Bismarck.  That is a ship that is fun to take out anytime (I'm on the T9 BB now). NC is a bit more work, and I was glad to get to the Iowa finally late last year.

2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Gotta confess, there are 200% days when I play a hell of a lot of co-op games across various ships

That's been my plan these last few days, and probably for the rest of this week with the 200% in place.  Do as many battles that I can with various ships in co-op to get the 200%.  The bonus in randoms is greater, but the wins are sometimes few depending on teams, play, ships, etc.  And lately, I have been having some really good games in co-op (makes me want to dip into randoms even).

[COSTA]
Members
238 posts
9,003 battles

I’m mostly burning through my flags to take advantage of the 200% win bonus.

In randoms playing Orkan to stack the 25 battle 200% xp bonus as well.  Full econ, draconic flags + type 59 camo.  Last night lost my first 4, being top 3 xp each time.  5th, catch a torp and die first; team wins...

Lots of Narai for free and captain xp.  I had 300k fxp when Smaland was released and I’m up to 1.5 mil so getting closer.

Started grinding US CV and DD for my new Ovechkin captains to have a home.  First time playing below tier 5 since I started in October.  I can see why people seal club, there was a lot I didn’t know.  

Edited by DM31

[ARS]
Members
154 posts
3,036 battles

I did manage a huge xp grab with the 200% and some flag stacking in a good game.

world_of_warships_5_3_2020_10_01_13_am.png

[ARGSY]
Members
24,498 posts
18,502 battles
30 minutes ago, DM31 said:

Last night lost my first 4, being top 3 xp each time.  5th, catch a torp and die first; team wins...

Oh yeah, been there, done that. Heroic loss; unproductive win immediately follows...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,614 posts
17,801 battles

Did a bit of ranked Sprint. I think I made it to rank 4 then backed up a couple times, this normally takes the fun out of it for me (It is a weakness I should work on). Then played the road to Berlin PVE event in WOT.. that was a lot of fun will probably try to complete that event. Mrs. paradat has some more time on her hands so jumped back into Black Desert to game with her.