Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cakeman826

Converting pretty camos to permanent camos

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

107
[MHG]
Members
353 posts
12,535 battles

Just look how pretty an all white Alaska is... I would love to make this the permanent camo. Think WG would ever let us pay some Dubs to do it?

shot-20.05.03_12.04.50-0387.jpg

  • Cool 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
606 posts
6,248 battles

I like this idea. A variant could be a camo builder set-up. Something for a CR, FXP, DB, etc sink. How having a hand in some tailor made paints escaped this game is remarkable, imho.

 

How about this? 1k DB's is waaaaayyyy too much....

500 DB (at max), or 500k FXP, or 50M CR for a baseline Perma Paint~ with NO additional benefits.

*[more reasonable would be 100DB, 100k FXP, 10M CR]

Then some sort of mix and match for attributes to personalize a Perma Paint. 'Cause to me the MOST beneficial attribute is +CR%. To be able to designate say up to +200% for some fee, sounds incredible. I love the KotS paint, but I only have 1 authentic one. Won't be using it anytime soon.

It could be turned a yellow named camo, like a rare drop in Diablo. To show it is modified.

Edited by iamSamoth
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,415
[D-DAY]
Members
6,973 posts

I have several camos with just the one left as I enjoy the different looks - I wish you could lock a camo so you don't accidently use it lol.

Love your idea - but then I look at the Black Lacquer Camo in the shop now for $32 and think WG will be just too greedy and ask too much.

Over the 3 years I have played this game I can say in the first 2 years I have spent hundreds on the game (Premium ships and Time) - things seemed to be reasonable in price and I enjoyed the game. The last year the decisions and direction WG are going, the greed, I've spent $50 if that.

I honestly love the look of the Black Lacquer - it is amazing and I would congratulate anyone else who has it if I see it in game - but for me I would be embarrassed to have it; I couldn't stomach 'buying into' the direction WG is going. :Smile_honoring:

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,249
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,856 posts
27,111 battles
1 hour ago, Cakeman826 said:

Just look how pretty an all white Alaska is... I would love to make this the permanent camo. Think WG would ever let us pay some Dubs to do it?

shot-20.05.03_12.04.50-0387.jpg

Would you want the regular bonuses associated with the premium camo or the bonuses associated with the special camo?

I have a clan mate that has also suggested this. I would also love a "camo trade in." I dont want some of the goofy  permanent premium camos I have but would gladly trade them for regular premium camos even at a 3:1 rate. That way people that enjoy certian aesthetics can have what they actually want. (If you like certian camos that arent realistic that's absolutely fine, I hope you continue to enjoy them but they arent my cup of tea.)

Edited by Skuggsja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[VORTX]
Members
659 posts
8,289 battles
2 hours ago, Cakeman826 said:

Just look how pretty an all white Alaska is... I would love to make this the permanent camo. Think WG would ever let us pay some Dubs to do it?

shot-20.05.03_12.04.50-0387.jpg

I agree, I’d love to see a way to do this. I’d pay the standard 1/2/3/4K for a perm camo option beyond the usual. No way I’m doing 30k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[PHD]
Members
1,929 posts
7,425 battles

I would prefer more choices in permanent camos. I recently got the Tropic camo for the Atago when I found out it was available again. 

A historical gray IJN camo, with benefits would be attractive. Some of the camos I just don't like, the Yuduchi's is one.

Not being programming savvy I do not know how much trouble it is to write the code for a ship's camo.

But I do wonder what WG was going to do with the camos that were presented in the repeatable pattern camo contest they had a few months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
548
[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,934 battles

That doesn't look camo'd to me, to me it looks like the US Navy Ships I see i pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
107
[MHG]
Members
353 posts
12,535 battles
2 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Would you want the regular bonuses associated with the premium camo or the bonuses associated with the special camo?

I have a clan mate that has also suggested this. I would also love a "camo trade in." I dont want some of the goofy  permanent premium camos I have but would gladly trade them for regular premium camos even at a 3:1 rate. That way people that enjoy certian aesthetics can have what they actually want. (If you like certian camos that arent realistic that's absolutely fine, I hope you continue to enjoy them but they arent my cup of tea.)

Regular bonuses are fine. I was only running that particular camo to get the 50% credit bonus in ranked to get a campaign done... but when I put it on I was just shocked. It looked so good. Standard perma camo bonuses would be cool. 
 

Cost wise I wouldn’t pay 32 bucks to do it but if they told me for an extra 1000 dubs on top of the standard permanent camo, well I would do it in a heart beat. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
107
[MHG]
Members
353 posts
12,535 battles
1 minute ago, wolfkind252 said:

That doesn't look camo'd to me, to me it looks like the US Navy Ships I see i pictures

It’s the For Maritime Service camo or whatever. All white. Looked really nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
509
[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,672 posts
9,027 battles

This is another thread with great ideas that will surely be ignored by WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[CRUEL]
Members
544 posts
10,078 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I have several camos with just the one left as I enjoy the different looks - I wish you could lock a camo so you don't accidently use it lol.

Love your idea - but then I look at the Black Lacquer Camo in the shop now for $32 and think WG will be just too greedy and ask too much.

Over the 3 years I have played this game I can say in the first 2 years I have spent hundreds on the game (Premium ships and Time) - things seemed to be reasonable in price and I enjoyed the game. The last year the decisions and direction WG are going, the greed, I've spent $50 if that.

I honestly love the look of the Black Lacquer - it is amazing and I would congratulate anyone else who has it if I see it in game - but for me I would be embarrassed to have it; I couldn't stomach 'buying into' the direction WG is going. :Smile_honoring:

 

I'm right there with you. I bought one perm for the daring at 5k dubs. I look back and think what was I thinking .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[TDR]
Members
17 posts
16,920 battles

I have often thought that WG could make some money by selling camo bonuses and then extra if you want to make a certain pattern permanent. 

Say you want to camo a tier X ship. Pay 5,000 dubloons for the permanent camo. Then if you want to use a different pattern they could charge you another say 1k. So you could have tier X bonuses with say the blue lagoon camo pattern. 

Something for everyone. We get the bonuses and look we want and WG gets some of our money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,617
[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,349 battles

IIRC one of the CC's, memory says it was @NoZoupForYou, floated this idea a while back. Buy your standard tier-appropriate permacamo but have it in the visual form of one of the one-shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
548
[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,934 battles
19 hours ago, Cakeman826 said:

It’s the For Maritime Service camo or whatever. All white. Looked really nice. 

Oh ok, I'm guessing I need to get above tier 5 to get it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×