iChase

How to Get Good at World of Warships [Video Tutorial Series]

56 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,086 posts
9,448 battles

For those of you looking for an up to date guide to World of Warships, I hope this video tutorial series will be of help to all of you. I am continuing to update the series with more videos in the coming weeks and months so stay tuned. If you have suggestions for future videos, you can leave those in reply posts below. Enjoy the series

Playlist that starts at episode 1 :)

• Cool 22
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,376 battles

I can with no reservations highly recommend this series!

Do It GIF

[CHASE]
1,086 posts
9,448 battles
Just now, VorTex_Eagle875 said:

Thanks, I’ve really enjoyed this series!

:cap_like:happy to hear this! hope you've had more success in your games as well

Members
3,043 posts
564 battles

I have been watching and learning more and more... been playing since day one and STILL learn new things.. (I only wish I could bring some stats up on both accounts, alas the higher the battle count. 9K on the other one, the harder it is to actually increase due to averages and the math, LOL) but I enjoy the hell out of watching and trying...

[USCC2]
Members
5,862 posts
25 minutes ago, paradat said:

I can with no reservations highly recommend this series!

Do It GIF

Indeed!

q7856AC.gif

[CHASE]
1,086 posts
9,448 battles
4 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I have been watching and learning more and more... been playing since day one and STILL learn new things.. (I only wish I could bring some stats up on both accounts, alas the higher the battle count. 9K on the other one, the harder it is to actually increase due to averages and the math, LOL) but I enjoy the hell out of watching and trying...

I'd only really worry about most recent stats, aka last 60-90 days and see if there's improvement there. Overall stats literally won't matter if your recent stats are good :)

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Thanks for these I have been following along after recently returning to the game.. (since the 14 day free premium offer)

to add i watched the original series as well !  thanks again...     

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
16,795 battles
36 minutes ago, iChase said:

For those of you looking for an up to date guide to World of Warships, I hope this video tutorial series will be of help to all of you. I am continuing to update the series with more videos in the coming weeks and months so stay tuned. If you have suggestions for future videos, you can leave those in reply posts below. Enjoy the series

Thanks for the updated series @iChase. Have always enjoyed your videos even though I never have fully forgiven you for the grief you caused me with the "Flying Shimakaze" vid :cap_wander:.

Even as an experienced player I sometimes will go back to some of your videos when ever I'm having a rough patch in game and need to refresh on the basics. 

[WPORT]
Members
4,343 posts
9,336 battles

Two minutes and fifty seconds into the video... we begin to talk about the subject.  :-/

I suggest editing this to be more concise.

• Boring 3

[CHASE]
1,086 posts
9,448 battles
2 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Thanks for the updated series @iChase. Have always enjoyed your videos even though I never have fully forgiven you for the grief you caused me with the "Flying Shimakaze" vid :cap_wander:.

Even as an experienced player I sometimes will go back to some of your videos when ever I'm having a rough patch in game and need to refresh on the basics. 

You're welcome :D and sorry about that, Haku back then was just lul

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Two minutes and fifty seconds into the video... we begin to talk about the subject.  :-/

I suggest editing this to be more concise.

It's a LONG series, so yes, first episode had a bit of setting up required

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
4,343 posts
9,336 battles
1 minute ago, iChase said:

It's a LONG series, so yes, first episode had a bit of setting up required

I'm not advocating you shorten it to the 17 syllables of a Haiku poem.
But, if you were, for the sake of discussion, to set a goal of cutting the entire video from 11+ minutes to under 4 minutes in duration, then what would you change?  :-)

• Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
5,239 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

But, if you were, for the sake of discussion, to set a goal of cutting the entire video from 11+ minutes to under 4 minutes in duration, then what would you change?  :-)

You're suggesting something he probably hasn't considered (as he probably would have edited it before he released it if he had).

Maybe some suggestions might help him to consider the option.

Is there really that much unnecessary chatter that it needs a 7 minute edit?

I haven't watched it yet but will w/the concept of editing for time as 11 minute vids are generally passed by for shorter options if available by me.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,483 posts
10,456 battles
2 hours ago, iChase said:

hello mr streamer i am new to the game and i was wondering if you could teach me how to play cv ive heard there is no point playing any other type of ship?

image.jpeg.a9157b5348ddd97defa78ead836e5d82.jpeg

nice work big fella, keep up the generous effort to educate.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

where would forums be without the complainers...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[CHASE]
1,086 posts
9,448 battles
2 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

hello mr streamer i am new to the game and i was wondering if you could teach me how to play cv ive heard there is no point playing any other type of ship?

image.jpeg.a9157b5348ddd97defa78ead836e5d82.jpeg

nice work big fella, keep up the generous effort to educate.

:cap_cool:cheers!

[CHASE]
1,086 posts
9,448 battles
8 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Thank you for the good work iChase:cap_like:

5 hours ago, G1N_T4NK said:

Really helpful videos.

Learned a lot from it.

Thanks!

Glad it has been helpful :cap_like:

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers
45 posts
8,938 battles

Very good series! Highly Recommend.  I had watched up to Ep.11 a while ago and notice you have added more. Will definitely watch the rest..

[YORHA]
Members
4,846 posts
9,586 battles

Thanks to this series I finally understand Autobounce and Overmatch mechanics and have been using that knowledge to great effect .

Thanks neighbour!

Edited by JCC45

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,882 posts
13,317 battles
21 hours ago, iChase said:

Aloha,

Great video @iChase something I have been talking about for a long time, needing to be open to LEARN. I also appreciate that you mention the upper end performers as well. I think many in our community have this idea that they are overly snobby and I have found the opposite in my time in warships. (Bad eggs not withstanding).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
1,086 posts
9,448 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Great video @iChase something I have been talking about for a long time, needing to be open to LEARN. I also appreciate that you mention the upper end performers as well. I think many in our community have this idea that they are overly snobby and I have found the opposite in my time in warships. (Bad eggs not withstanding).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
4,343 posts
9,336 battles
On 5/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You're suggesting something he probably hasn't considered (as he probably would have edited it before he released it if he had).

Maybe some suggestions might help him to consider the option.

Is there really that much unnecessary chatter that it needs a 7 minute edit?

I haven't watched it yet but will w/the concept of editing for time as 11 minute vids are generally passed by for shorter options if available by me.

I think so.

As  you point out, inadvertently perhaps, there is a lot of "chatter" in a video that could, with scripting and editing, have delivered information and opinions coherently and concisely.

It would require more effort "behind the scenes", though.

• Boring 3

Members
1,612 posts
34,039 battles
On 5/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Look, I am glad he put up the effort to make these. Sure episode one is lengthy. But it's a lead up to the tutorial. If it works for him to present it, then leave it be.

It's not like he is a big Hollywood producer that went back and edited his films with new scenes, dialogue, and special effects. And even made Han Solo look like he shot second. I was there when episode 4 came out. Han shot first. Han was scoundrel and it took a Princess to change him, well.. sort of. There is still a hot debate on who changed who. (Force chokes a Twinkie and feeds baby Yoda with it.) *Sighs

Anyways, good job iChase. I saw the series from inception, and it is still quite a useful resource for new players to learn the game.

I still don't forgive you for the flying shimakaze incident. Most CV players will probably never let that go. If you somehow get attacked by all the bots in a co-op match, it is not because I told the bots you dated Dasha for a while. And it is not that I told the bots that you called them borderline Texas instruments calculators that run low in the shade either. Or that you threw a commodore 64 in a bathtub with water.

Nope, if they attack you excessively, it wasn't me.

Flying shimakaze, unforgivable indeed.

:cap_like::cap_cool::cap_viking: