You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Finally accomplished a long term goal I set when I 1st started the game (PVE Thread)

48 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles

Way back when I started WOWS (Dec 2016) among the various goals I set like getting Hood and Bismarck (Hood not even in game yet), getting Fiji and Minotaur, getting Montana and Yamato, getting a 19pt Capt, etc... I set 1 very big goal/task for myself. Get EVERY tech tree T10 ship and get a 19pt Capt for EVERY one of them. Today, approx 3 years and 6 months later, and long after I have achieved the easy goals, I finished the big one. 

I now have every current tech tree T10 ship in game and they all have a 19pt Capt. This may not be as big a deal to those who play PVP where rewards are so much better but with just 180 some PVP games and the rest all Co-op this was a lot of games played to reach this goal. 20K+ Co-op games actually. But I did it. Obviously there will be more T10 tech tree ships coming in but I am in a better position now to add them to port and transfer a lower tier 19pt Capt to it or assign a Capt from reserves and use Elite Capt XP to jump it to 19.

Feels good I must say to have reached this mark. I have really soured on this game of late due to WG's actions but this is something that is still good in the game for me. Out of curiosity I looked at my Elite Capt XP this AM and was shocked to see so much there (almost 3 Million). It let me advance the last 3 Capt's I needed to finish off (Khabarovsk, Hakuryu, and Audacious). With those 3 added it finishes off all the T10 tech tree ships and makes a grand total of 39 19pt Capt's.

All T10 19pts.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 22
  • Boring 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,213 posts
12,903 battles

Congrats, that is impressive. I have many lines left to grind and looking forward to it

[BEA5T]
Members
5,308 posts
24,204 battles
33 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Way back when I started WOWS (Dec 2016) among the various goals I set like getting Hood and Bismarck (Hood not even in game yet), getting Fiji and Minotaur, getting Montana and Yamato, getting a 19pt Capt, etc... I set 1 very big goal/task for myself. Get EVERY tech tree T10 ship and get a 19pt Capt for EVERY one of them. Today, approx 3 years and 6 months later, and long after I have achieved the easy goals, I finished the big one. 

I now have every current tech tree T10 ship in game and they all have a 19pt Capt. This may not be as big a deal to those who play PVP where rewards are so much better but with just 180 some PVP games and the rest all Co-op this was a lot of games played to reach this goal. 20K+ Co-op games actually. But I did it. Obviously there will be more T10 tech tree ships coming in but I am in a better position now to add them to port and transfer a lower tier 19pt Capt to it or assign a Capt from reserves and use Elite Capt XP to jump it to 19.

Feels good I must say to have reached this mark. I have really soured on this game of late due to WG's actions but this is something that is still good in the game for me. Out of curiosity I looked at my Elite Capt XP this AM and was shocked to see so much there (almost 3 Million). It let me advance the last 3 Capt's I needed to finish off (Khabarovsk, Hakuryu, and Audacious). With those 3 added it finishes off all the T10 tech tree ships and makes a grand total of 39 19pt Capt's.

All T10 19pts.jpg

Congratulations !!!   That's a lot of ships......   Now what?  I looked at my GS's WoWs Blitz Friday and that little bugger has the Ise and the Black Kamakaze in port....   I play only a few hours a week now (the rifle range is taking up most of my time now....and took two firsts and a second on Saturday!) and I'll keep playing till I earn my 20th -  19 point CPT........   Two to go.   Everyone else left the game so I've got to look for another clan this next or so.  I've never played a Clan Battle.   That is a goal.

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles
59 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Congrats, that is impressive. I have many lines left to grind and looking forward to it

1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Congratulations @AdmiralThunder that is quite the rare feat . Quite impressive to look at as well . 

Thanks. It was a lot of work but it was fun too. Every time you add another T10 ship or 19pt Capt it feels great (to me anyway).

That 1st T10 ship (Montana Oct 2017) and that 1st 19pt Capt (Montana Feb 2018) sure seems a LONG time ago LOL. :cap_old:

[CS7]
Members
320 posts
5,646 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Thanks. It was a lot of work but it was fun too. Every time you add another T10 ship or 19pt Capt it feels great (to me anyway).

That 1st T10 ship (Montana Oct 2017) and that 1st 19pt Capt (Montana Feb 2018) sure seems a LONG time ago LOL. :cap_old:

Always fun to see what other players ward rooms look like!   Thanks for sharing!

[WPORT]
Members
9,977 posts
14,437 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congratulations.  :-)

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts

Congrats! Achieving an objective is always great. :Smile_honoring:

Hopefully WG can continue to keep you invested in the game.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[HELLS]
Members
2,851 posts
31,687 battles

Congratulations. That is impressive. I never played to get all tech tree T10 ships (I am well known for my lack of fondness for paper ships) and once those I do have got their 19-point captains ( I have 14 19-pointers at present), I just started playing for fun more than anything else. I am on my third line reset grind at T9 in Seattle because I want Colbert, which was a real ship. Ohio and Georgia, both paper ships, have no interest for me. The steel ships that I wanted I have so I am not grinding steel much these days.

[BTLST]
Members
775 posts
11,924 battles

I've often read your well thought out comments, which have never been sarcastic, or demeaning, as far too many are in our forum.   Allow me to add my admiration and congratulations on your noteworthy achievement.    Sail On and Sink the Enemy!

[WOLFG]
Members
241 posts
7,053 battles

Well done @AdmiralThunder  An amazing accomplishment which is very special because it was done in PVE.  

I've enjoyed your well-thought posts in the forums and would be honored to serve with you anytime.

Regards

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles
1 hour ago, chrisope said:

Congrats @AdmiralThunder on achieving your goal!  What's next?

Finish off the remaining LM/UU's missions I have before the end of 2020 and before they totally go to the RB. I definitely want to finish the ones in Stage 5 and I would also like to finish Worcester and Hakuryu too. The rest (DD's) if I do I do and if not I am ok with it. Not going to kill myself on the DD ones. After the LM/UU's I have no clue as so much of the game is gated behind PVP it means I don't have to bother with it.

Have done already:

• Montana
  • Yamato
  • Republique
  • GK
  • Conqueror
  • Des Moines
  • Hindenburg
  • Minotaur
  • Gearing

In Progress:

Stage 5...

• Zao (10,181/40,000 BXP)
  • Henri IV (5606/40,000 BXP)
  • Moskva (4280/40,000 BXP)
  • Midway (2011/40,000 BXP)
  • Shimakaze (1234/40,000 BXP0

Stage 2...

• Worcester (5,906,596/8,000,000 Credits)
  • Z-52 (0/8,000,000 Credits) 
  • Grozovoi (0/8,000,000 Credits) 

Stage 1...

• Hakuryu (85,628/100,000 XP)
  • Yue Yang (47,572/100,000 XP)
  • Khabarovsk (47,484/100,000 XP)

Members
449 posts
16,737 battles

Very nice progress Admiral.  I understand the PVE vs PVP.  I have enjoyed PVE much more lately (last year or so) than pvp.  I'll still dabble when I have a chance, but I do enjoy pve.  Good luck on your missions!

[WOLF9]
Members
1,334 posts
24,830 battles

Congrats Admiral .... Very Impressive....

Of course, you will have 2 new T19 to grind and captain real soon (RU CA and CL).

The majority of my matches are also Coops.  I am only doing randoms these days to get Yamamoto.

My long term goal - get all of the BB / CA / CL T10 Tech tree ships.   Currently, I only need the Minotaur, Goliath, and Henri IV left to get (all are at the T9 level), plus the 2 upcoming RU ships.  Got my first T10 ship, Montana, in March 2019.  First 19 pt captain was a few months after that.

I only have 7 19 pt captains, so I still have a ways to go with them.

Of the UUs, I need Hindenburg (stage 4), Zao (2), and Mosva (2).  I did not get the missions for Conquerer, Republique,  and (obviously) Goliath, Henri IV, and Minotaur. 

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles
36 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Congrats Admiral .... Very Impressive....

Of course, you will have 2 new T19 to grind and captain real soon (RU CA and CL).

The majority of my matches are also Coops.  I am only doing randoms these days to get Yamamoto.

My long term goal - get all of the BB / CA / CL T10 Tech tree ships.   Currently, I only need the Minotaur, Goliath, and Henri IV left to get (all are at the T9 level), plus the 2 upcoming RU ships.  Got my first T10 ship, Montana, in March 2019.  First 19 pt captain was a few months after that.

I only have 7 19 pt captains, so I still have a ways to go with them.

Of the UUs, I need Hindenburg (stage 4), Zao (2), and Mosva (2).  I did not get the missions for Conquerer, Republique,  and (obviously) Goliath, Henri IV, and Minotaur. 

I already have most of the XP needed on Donskoi so that will be done the day the update drops with a little FXP (I am done playing that ship - just don't like it). Have all the XP needed, and then some, on Shchors for the new T8 CA as well. My Moskva Capt will go to one of the new Cruisers and the 19pt Capt on Donskoi will go to the other. Won't take much to get the RU Cruisers done and with 19pt Capt's.

The KM CV's that come after will take a bit although I have a15pt Capt in reserves I can use as well as the GZ Capt (12 or 13?).

• Cool 1

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
201 posts
17,500 battles

Congrats on reaching a great goal.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,129 posts
6,782 battles

Congrats, Admiral. That's mighty impressive. Well done. :Smile_great::Smile_honoring:

Maybe set a new goal for yourself? 19 point captains in ALL Tier IX ships... just saying, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles

Shiver in your shoes, Botlings! Admiral Thunder is fully ready for you now, and he is coming to do terrible things to your transistors. 

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles
16 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Congrats, Admiral. That's mighty impressive. Well done. :Smile_great::Smile_honoring:

Maybe set a new goal for yourself? 19 point captains in ALL Tier IX ships... just saying, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I have started on that already. Got some now. On the road but if i remember i will post up what I have for you later.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
541 posts
25,203 battles

Great goin', Admiral.  If you played all the ships with 19 point captains every day, then perhaps you could have all your ships staffed with Fleet Commanders.  But would they be able to get along?  :cap_hmm: