You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Boom!

14 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,270 posts

Don't you hate it when you are sailing along at the very start of a match, unspotted and spotting no-one, minding your own business, without a care in the world... and then... Boom!

image.png.88a1c05ef567c9668d8f3b3f2fe34921.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SGSS]
Members
6,224 posts
24 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Don't you hate it when you are sailing along at the very start of a match, unspotted and spotting no-one, minding your own business, without a care in the world... and then... Boom!

Have seen a but of that.  Is that a cheat?  Because that should be impossable.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,323 posts

Luck happens.  Not necessarily the shot itself, although RNG helps. but sometimes it's just the conditions that made it possible.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,342 posts
14,924 battles
10 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Have seen a but of that.  Is that a cheat?  Because that should be impossable.

It isn't a cheat but is instead situational awareness not showing even though you are detected which I believe is internet lag. I had it happen last night, undetected for well over 30 seconds and I had changed course and three separate ships fired at me and destroyed me yet the replay showed SA triggering. I think the moment you fire that you are targeted by multiple ships is another aspect of this.

[PVE]
Members
8,507 posts
24,689 battles
48 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Did you watch the replay...those spotter plane attacks can take quite awhile to traverse the map before they hit you & it only takes a moment of being spotted if they happen to have it up already & you are lined up good.

Not saying this definitely is the case as there's been many similar threads about this lately so could be a bit buggy.

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
758 posts
26,712 battles

A few years back I fired a random salvo on two brothers across satans buttcrack.  Dev struck a myoko.  It was glorious.

• Funny 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,441 posts
12,724 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It isn't a cheat but is instead situational awareness not showing even though you are detected which I believe is internet lag. I had it happen last night, undetected for well over 30 seconds and I had changed course and three separate ships fired at me and destroyed me yet the replay showed SA triggering. I think the moment you fire that you are targeted by multiple ships is another aspect of this.

There’s some weird things going on . Last night a couple times I was locked on to a target and my guns just shot dead left no where near the target . I stop using it , 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,270 posts
9 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Did you watch the replay...those spotter plane attacks can take quite awhile to traverse the map before they hit you & it only takes a moment of being spotted if they happen to have it up already & you are lined up good.

Not saying this definitely is the case as there's been many similar threads about this lately so could be a bit buggy.

It was an instance of a BB being in just the right place at the right time and sending a salvo out the instant I was spotted. RNG blessed him and every one of his shells hit me at 23 km with citadels. I occasionally get lucky and take out a cruiser with one salvo too. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,270 posts
8 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

A few years back I fired a random salvo on two brothers across satans buttcrack.  Dev struck a myoko.  It was glorious.

The funniest thing I've seen in this game was back when detonations could occur with no prior damage. A teammate sent a blind shot off at the spawn, just goofing around, and detonated an enemy ship. Both teams were like, "What just happened!?"

[PVE]
Members
8,507 posts
24,689 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

It was an instance of a BB being in just the right place at the right time and sending a salvo out the instant I was spotted. RNG blessed him and every one of his shells hit me at 23 km with citadels. I occasionally get lucky and take out a cruiser with one salvo too. 

I was just referring to the "unspotted" in your OP...it made it sound like you hadn't been.

BBs against cruiser has to be the #1 source of Dev Strikes in the game.

DDs torping DDs hiding in smoke might give them a run for their $ though.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,270 posts
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I was just referring to the "unspotted" in your OP...it made it sound like you hadn't been.

I think that I didn't notice the spotted icon come up temporarily and the salvo was already on the way by the time it came up again.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,342 posts
14,924 battles
8 hours ago, clammboy said:

There’s some weird things going on . Last night a couple times I was locked on to a target and my guns just shot dead left no where near the target . I stop using it , 

I have run into this on and off many times over the years. I finally got smart after that one and turned on Instant Replay in GeForce Experience and can now look back and will hopefully have proof that SA doesn't always show to the player.

[RBMK]
Members
2,266 posts
36,401 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I think that I didn't notice the spotted icon come up temporarily and the salvo was already on the way by the time it came up again.

There is something amiss recently as many people have noticed. Among other things over the past few days, I have been shot at without SA indication or any other targets nearby so no, I don't think you missed it.

Related to the server sync issue? 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,441 posts
12,724 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I have run into this on and off many times over the years. I finally got smart after that one and turned on Instant Replay in GeForce Experience and can now look back and will hopefully have proof that SA doesn't always show to the player.

I also last night hit a NC with a salvo point blank with like 3 shells in the non saturated rear part of the ship on purpose and got zero damage . I only remember and got upset because I was playing naval Battles was at 39,500 damage and needed 40,000 for the star and I got nothing and 10 seconds later the NC deleted me with his next salvo . It upset me because I fell 500 short but I know I hit him good saw an explosion .