Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Beauregard23

The ONLY way the new sub mode will work

8 comments in this topic

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,872 battles

Is to have it fully stocked with all the other ship types to get an accurate test.  The only way you can do that is to have a mission chain for each of the other ship types playing in that mode with significant enough rewards to compel them to play, especially BBs.  Otherwise you are going to have a queue with 90% subs, some dds and a few cas. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles
4 hours ago, Beauregard23 said:

Is to have it fully stocked with all the other ship types to get an accurate test.  The only way you can do that is to have a mission chain for each of the other ship types playing in that mode with significant enough rewards to compel them to play, especially BBs.  Otherwise you are going to have a queue with 90% subs, some dds and a few cas. 

I got what you're going for here but title suggests you have a plan for sub's to actually work instead of a plan to get people to play other ship types to be able to properly test whether sub's will work or not.

It's a good idea but isn't getting any replies as after expecting it to be about 1 thing the actual thing it is about gets lost in the confusion.

Maybe go directly for "Missions for alternate ships in sub test mode will help get more accurate test results" right in the title.

A lot of people only read thread titles & skip them if it's "another 1 of those threads"...your title suggests it's another 1 of those threads.

But your suggestion is a good 1 so it should be considered which is why I suggested a new title...but also a new thread so it isn't knocked down the list before others can see it.

Start a new 1 w/my title suggestion (or thereabouts) & just copy/paste the content.

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,872 battles
On 5/3/2020 at 1:47 AM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I got what you're going for here but title suggests you have a plan for sub's to actually work instead of a plan to get people to play other ship types to be able to properly test whether sub's will work or not.

It's a good idea but isn't getting any replies as after expecting it to be about 1 thing the actual thing it is about gets lost in the confusion.

Maybe go directly for "Missions for alternate ships in sub test mode will help get more accurate test results" right in the title.

A lot of people only read thread titles & skip them if it's "another 1 of those threads"...your title suggests it's another 1 of those threads.

But your suggestion is a good 1 so it should be considered which is why I suggested a new title...but also a new thread so it isn't knocked down the list before others can see it.

Start a new 1 w/my title suggestion (or thereabouts) & just copy/paste the content.

you might be right, feel free to use any of my stuff and set it up as you see fit

[NONE]
Members
3,886 posts
12,037 battles

When it first drops you're gonna have queues with ~90% subs regardless of mode.

After playing with & against them a bunch on PTS, I'm really glad my old raiding guild on EQ2 is active again. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles
4 hours ago, Beauregard23 said:

you might be right, feel free to use any of my stuff and set it up as you see fit

I haven't been able to play in months so I wouldn't be able to respond to any responses if I started a thread on it.

Was just giving suggestions on how to get the idea out better...it's still a good idea :cap_like:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,781 battles
On 5/2/2020 at 6:33 PM, Beauregard23 said:

I played everything in the subs test. I like the idea of some missions for the new mode the test did have missions for other ships so... likely WG would do that again.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
4 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

When it first drops you're gonna have queues with ~90% subs regardless of mode.

After playing with & against them a bunch on PTS, I'm really glad my old raiding guild on EQ2 is active again. :Smile_teethhappy:

I for one will be bringing out Mutsu, Arizona, Perth etc many a time before sub queuing so we can try to get some good play testing done. I hope others do the same.

[WPORT]
Members
9,883 posts
14,356 battles

Play-testers on the Public Test Server (a couple of weekends ago) were able to play-test submarines and every other ship class in the battles that included submarines.

I played submarines for a while, to get familiar with them.

I also played BB's, Cruisers, DD's and CV's that were available for Tier-6 submarine battle match-making.  (Only Tier-6 ships were allowed in a submarine match, just to be clear.)

I don't recall seeing any premium ships during my play testing.  Several, but not all, cruisers were equipped with depth-charges.  All the DD's I played had depth-charges.

I've written more detailed impressions elsewhere on the forums, so I'll not repeat them here.

Sign in to follow this