You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

Sub please dont half a$$ the lines like CV.

16 comments in this topic

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,127 battles

Please put some more time into the lines and make 4-10 or 6-10 line not like what you did with CV 4-6-8-10.

It just seems lazy and i know you guys put your pride in your work on modeling ships. So please put some time and make sure we get a full line. 4-10 or 6-10 what ever you want to make the first research ship appear.  The two tier gap seems lazy and i know you did so you could potentially have new cv lines.

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
6,206 posts
3 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

Please put some more time into the lines and make 4-10 or 6-10 line not like what you did with CV 4-6-8-10.

It just seems lazy and i know you guys put your pride in your work on modeling ships. So please put some time and make sure we get a full line. 4-10 or 6-10 what ever you want to make the first research ship appear.  The two tier gap seems lazy and i know you did so you could potentially have new cv lines.

The other problem with it is how much do you need for the next ship.  100k ish from Langly to Ranger is alot.  Could be why there are so many CV at t4.

Its also hard for MM. T8 does does not end up in t10 as much lately but for awhile it was almost every game.

• Cool 3

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,127 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

The other problem with it is how much do you need for the next ship.  100k ish from Langly to Ranger is alot.  Could be why there are so many CV at t4.

Its also hard for MM. T8 does does not end up in t10 as much lately but for awhile it was almost every game.

yep I do agree it did break the MM and did bottle next the que with CV and probably would do the same for subs

[SGSS]
Members
6,206 posts
2 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

yep I do agree it did break the MM and did bottle next the que with CV and probably would do the same for subs

If they do that with subs everyone will get stuck at t4 or 6 or were ever they start.

[BONKS]
Members
2,843 posts
52 battles

CVs used to run from T4 all the way to T10.

Like this:

2P2gPAa.png

The reason why this is not done anymore is because it would drastically decrease the encounter rate of CVs due to the player numbers remaining roughly the same as before, which would then showcase what a gigantic failure the CV rework has been.
In fact this has been touched upon in the recent Q&A on discord:

9xldjW3.png

6 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

It has already been confirmed that subs will only appear on T6, T8 and T10.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,127 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I know hence the reason the post for some sort of reason.  T6-T8T10 IS JUST LAZY .   They also stated they do not want to mess up like the did for the CV re-work failure.  If they would have done better in there test phases and got real date not just people logging on the PTR and giving small crap data the re-work would not have fail so hard.  IE. AA sweeping changes both to the left and right.  But at the end of pain we have had did alot better game play with CV.  I know some people don't like the new system. But compared to the old system this is alot better. NO more your CV is amazing and controls the sky and our sucks. And NO more getting one shot because of CV one run.  NO more micro managing your planes well spotting half the team with 4-5 squadrons..     

IF War-gaming can release this ships in slow increments  they might be a good addition to the game.  BUT there WILL BE GROWING PAINS. JUST LIKE CV

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
2,843 posts
52 battles
19 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

But compared to the old system this is alot better.

It's actually a lot worse due to a variety of reasons but I'm not gonna get into them here as it is off topic.

[RLGN]
Members
16,172 posts
28,066 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

The reason why this is not done anymore is because it would drastically decrease the encounter rate of CVs due to the player numbers remaining roughly the same as before, which would then showcase what a gigantic failure the CV rework has been.

I wouldn’t necessarily say the rework has been a gigantic failure; after all, it exposed an increased number of players to the... joys? of carrier mechanics.

However; the player base as a whole, certainly hasn’t thrown itself to the ground, shaking with rapturous excitement, over the awesomeness of the rework, like it seem in retrospect some thought they would.

43 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

But compared to the old system this is alot better.

Unfortunately, we will have to agree to disagree about this.

NO more your CV is amazing and controls the sky and our sucks.

Same here.

My experience has always been that a carrier is only as good as the ships it attacks let it be.

At the same time; yes; some carrier drivers really aren’t very good...

...kind of like now...

...so I don’t see what’s really changed, except the mechanics used by carriers to annoy other players.

And NO more getting one shot because of CV one run.

So you prefer ‘Death by a Thousand Cuts.’

NO more micro managing your planes well spotting half the team with 4-5 squadrons.

As opposed to the complaints now, about one squad spotting everything in the opening minutes of the game?

IF War-gaming can release this ships in slow increments  they might be a good addition to the game.

We shall have to agree to disagree again.

43 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

BUT there WILL BE GROWING PAINS. JUST LIKE CV

The only reason there were ‘growing pains,’ is that WG chose to throw out settled, if hated, mechanics, in favor of a completely new system, that then had to, AGAIN, go through the hell we went through in 2016-17.

A year and some on now; and carrier mechanics still couldn’t really be considered ‘settled.’

Personally, I’m with the cynical crowd that thinks subs are being introduced to distract players from carriers, by giving them something else to kvetch about.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GT99]
Members
802 posts
13,074 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Personally, I’m with the cynical crowd that thinks subs are being introduced to distract players from carriers, by giving them something else to kvetch about.

^This^ Hide the obvious behind the more obvious. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,172 posts
28,066 battles
26 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It's actually a lot worse due to a variety of reasons but I'm not gonna get into them here as it is off topic.

I suppose I did.

Whatever.

As far as subs specifically are concerned?

To (redacted) with them?

Whether I can use them or not; they were not ‘fun’ during Holloween Mode, (more like a chore,) and they haven’t been fun in the PT.

Apparently WG must think all its players are trig/calc/geometry/whatever savants, considering their reliance on unguided/blind attack mechanics lately.

• Boring 1

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,127 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So you prefer ‘Death by a Thousand Cuts.’

yes because once your dead you do no damage. and pluse ever plane down = Time they have to get another plane

• Cool 1

Members
946 posts
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

100k ish from Langly to Ranger is alot.  Could be why there are so many CV at t4.

Yeeap.  The every second tier thing is just stupid in so many ways.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,995 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Like this:

2P2gPAa.png

9xldjW3.png

Thanks for this. 

Members
475 posts
3,984 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Like this:

2P2gPAa.png

9xldjW3.png

What the WG employee just described sounds like heaven.