You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Teammates contributions in battle?

17 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts

Just curious if anyone has any idea... why we can't see what damage etc were done by other people in the after battle results?  The exp calculation in game is really baffling at times..  and being able to see the after battle results in damage done, spotting damage, tanked damage, cap points etc might make it more clear...  (especially as a newer player trying to figure this stuff out)

or am i missing something and it's been there all along I just don't know where to look?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,367 posts
7,145 battles
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Just curious if anyone has any idea... why we can't see what damage etc were done by other people in the after battle results?  The exp calculation in game is really baffling at times..  and being able to see the after battle results in damage done, spotting damage, tanked damage, cap points etc might make it more clear...  (especially as a newer player trying to figure this stuff out)

or am i missing something and it's been there all along I just don't know where to look?

My guess is it would be another source for people to shame others.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CK5]
Members
1,549 posts
16,305 battles

I agree with Warheart, it would simply be used to grief other players.  There is really no need for that additional information and the potential for misuse is too great.    

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts

I've played Tanks for 10 years... (tanks does show those stats) and those stats are almost never used to shame...  Those stats are only shown after the battle..

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,196 posts
5,913 battles

That opens up so many new levels for personal attacks and trolling. Tanks does it though, but warships is a lot less damage based because of all the caps and heals and such

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts

i don't understand the sensitivity... when global chat is enabled and cannot be disabled without disabling your own team chat..  and mmm is permitted...  tie it into a player's "privacy" settings if needed...

as i said i have rarely ever seen it used for trolling or shaming ..  

• Cool 1

[VFW]
Members
1,504 posts
31,855 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

Several stated the reason above.  But to add on the other stats, the same would happen.  But if you're concerned about the rest of the stats to "make it more clear", I suggest you pay attention closely to your own, and every once in a while, pull a really good players numbers to assess your own.

vr

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts
28 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Several stated the reason above.  But to add on the other stats, the same would happen.  But if you're concerned about the rest of the stats to "make it more clear", I suggest you pay attention closely to your own, and every once in a while, pull a really good players numbers to assess your own.

vr

you guys may well be right, but i don't quite understand the reasoning after being able to see battle results of other players for 10 years in wot..

Last night... I was low tier BB(-2) in Nagato, 3 objectives, myself another low tier bb, a ca and dd go to the NE cap.  As we are arriving up there someone speaks up and says "Hey you guys are doing a great job of taking yourselves out of the battle"..  I had just citadelled an enemy cruiser..  so responded with "... 28k damage so far" .. I practically parked outside of that cap... dodged a few torps, fired a few shots while getting hit from several sides...  sank a DD...  I was the only green to be sunk in the match, yet I topped the exp chart (1647 bxp)...  and i have no idea why...

we won by cap fairly quickly... yet i didn't earn any points either...  damn i didn't screen cap battle results... oh well

Maybe someone can help by checking replay?

https://replayswows.com/replay/90159#stats

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,124 battles

The only issue is people try and take it too far. It's one thing to jab at someone in chat in the heat of the game, but its another to message them after the game and tell them they suck. It'd be nice to see what everyone did after the game though. Maybe some people would try to improve if they saw what other people were doing in the same ship as the one they were playing. It would likely lead to more +1's too.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,582 posts
15,304 battles

Any extra information post battle is good information. Helps break down what happened more than just kills and achievements can. 

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts

yeah in my case i think i did very little... yet i topped the exp chart and no clue why... and i have zero tools to determine why... i cannot compare to another player's performance or actions in the same match...

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
8 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

My guess is it would be another source for people to shame others.

And considering the OP’s repeated public opinion on MMM, one wonders why he even wishes this were a thing.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts
35 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

And considering the OP’s repeated public opinion on MMM, one wonders why he even wishes this were a thing.

and the op has never stat shamed anyone nor looked at MMM outside of screenshots...  These stats are ONLY displayed after the battle and have been in tanks for 10 years.  WHy would anyone be afraid to have their ingame performance shared?  Particularly those that ALREADY share their stats. I don't understand the defensive stance here...   sure it could be used by idyats, but you all already share your stats.. so why does it matter?  and tie it into a user's privacy settings so that players who hide their stats can continue to do so.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
5 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I don't understand the defensive stance here...

I don’t think you understand what it is you don’t understand.

9 minutes ago, SKurj said:

sure it could be used by idyats,

(Oh, the irony!)

But from this thread, wouldn’t it be necessary?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts
27 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I don’t think you understand what it is you don’t understand.

(Oh, the irony!)

But from this thread, wouldn’t it be necessary?

again you fail to see the point in the request and just trying to deflect from the ask...   You show your stats publicy, so why not allow your battle performance like damage done, cap points that sort of thing be available in the after battle results screen?

But if you would like to actually contribute you could explain how I managed top exp in that match? because i do not understand the exp mechanics which is the only reason i am asking this in the first place.  It would make it easier for anyone to see why player A got X exp, and player B got Y exp...

or you can continue to try and derail...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,318 posts

Here are the battle results people can see for all players in a WOT match once the battle is over:  The only screen i didn't include is a screen of an enemy player but its the same as the 2nd and 3rd screen attached.

Mywot1.png

Mywot3.png

Mywot4.png

Mywot2.png