You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Don't care what they say.. this Sprint was made to sell the new DDs with their 100mph torps

16 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

To be clear I do have the  T 5-6-7 AND 8 but all were free and they have very very low commanders in them.  BUT I spend most of my time now at T9-10

That said a new line should NOT make the ships I worked or paid for basically obsolete.

NEVER have I been killed in my DD so many times by torrents of torps moving so FAST that there is nothing I can do to dodge them.

Before these I was the King of the Torp beats!  Now I want to park my T-10 DDs and just go back to CLs and BBs.

I'm no good to my team anymore without one of those hyper speed hyper load launchers and I'm not going to fall for the forcing the wallet opening powercreep.  And I opened my wallet OFTEN in the past.

Worked so hard to get that Gearing and it's UU and now it's Useless anywhere within 14km of the cap.

Within 12KM you have hyperfast torp walls, and WAVES of them AND 12km Radar.

You can't even run away from them!! EVen with BOOST!!

It took just one new line and a couple of weeks.

No more new ships for me unless they are free.

Fool me once,  shame on you............  

ima69165165160ge.gif

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts

Haven't had any problems dodging torps myself. Do you run Vigilance and the new torp lookout module or use hydro?

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Haven't had any problems dodging torps myself. Do you run Vigilance and the new torp lookout module or use hydro?

Hydro is not always on and I am always challenging or defending caps.  Also the new things that were added TAKE AWAY from the builds that you need in your DDs to be effective unless you play passive late game style. 

No problems dodging?  Would LOVE to see you do that in Ranked right now...  I would div with you JUST to see you run with me and other DDs and have zero problems dodging 3 or 4 DDs launching them every minute or so.. 

I could dodge them all day if I sat at my torp range of 16KM and just played denial tactics.  I play front line cap defend and spot.  The other bores me.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,010 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Hydro is not always on and I am always challenging or defending caps.  Also the new things that were added TAKE AWAY from the builds that you need in your DDs to be effective unless you play passive late game style. 

No problems dodging?  Would LOVE to see you do that in Ranked right now...  I would div with you JUST to see you run with me and other DDs and have zero problems dodging 3 or 4 DDs launching them every minute or so.. 

I could dodge them all day if I sat at my torp range of 16KM and just played denial tactics.  I play front line cap defend and spot.  The other bores me.

Not understanding why you are getting killed. You should be ok if you keep your ship moving... I have run Nuesrta a couple of times, did not have problems with the EU DDs.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I could dodge them all day if I sat at my torp range of 16KM and just played denial tactics.  I play front line cap defend and spot.  

I'm getting good results torping ships with my Gearing in Ranked because they all seen to cluster together at the buffs. I don't wait in buffs but drive by and grab them at full speed.  Also, I don't sit still when playing a BB because you can't dodge torps when you are not moving. I do, however, try to at least keep an island on one of my flanks so that I know there can be no torpedoes coming in from that direction. To tell the truth, I sometimes have a harder time dodging the friendly torpedoes than I do the enemy ones. For some reason, in Ranked the DDs seem to like to hang out behind the BBs.

Beta Testers
3,304 posts
26,945 battles

My problem is not so much the 200 miles an hour torpedoes spamming 20 at a time , but them dam Radar ships all over the place and them CVs tracking you so their ships can shoot shells at you and The dam Hydro's and Radio detecting finders they all make it almost Imposable to be effective anymore as a DD player.  And just wait until the submarines show up Oh-Boy ?????? 

• Cool 2

[KIA-C]
Members
3,815 posts
16,741 battles
13 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Before these I was the King of the Torp beats!

NEVER have I been killed in my DD so many times by torrents of torps moving so FAST that there is nothing I can do to dodge them.

You can't even run away from them!! EVen with BOOST!!

If you're the "King of the torp beat" like you claim, you shouldn't have trouble dodging those. These torps are fast but if you aren't camping in a smoke you shouldn't even be bothered by them. If you get caught randomly by these torps you were just unlucky but that happens with pretty much every torpedo.

Also not sure what you mean by "You can't even run away from them". These DD have average speed of 35kts with a 8% speed boost. If you're talking about running away from the torps then tell me a single hybrid or torpedo boat DD that has 9km torpedo range or more and have something around 40kts torpedo speed. Outside of black, there's none. You cannot outrun any T10 torpedo except maybe Khaba torps but you can easily outrun the ship. And these torps have Shima detection range, meaning if you run away and spot them, you have plenty of time to dodge them (that is IF you're as good as torpedobeat as you claim).

And before you ask for my ranked stats:

image.thumb.png.357ae731bff9fb0f4b2a92594f65727a.png

[SGSS]
Members
6,215 posts
3 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

My problem is not so much the 200 miles an hour torpedoes spamming 20 at a time , but them dam Radar ships all over the place and them CVs tracking you so their ships can shoot shells at you and The dam Hydro's and Radio detecting finders they all make it almost Imposable to be effective anymore as a DD player.  And just wait until the submarines show up Oh-Boy ?????? 

I have heard rhis song from DD plauers for years.  In rank there are few CV and still DD die in 5 min to other DDs. Mayne DD should learn how to knife fight before blaming everything else.

It seem every game the losing team loses there DD to other DD.

• Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I did get blapped by a CV in Ranked today while playing my Gearing. However it was at the end of the match and after I'd already taken out two DDs (a Shima and a Gearing) with my guns and a CA with my torps. When the rockets finally got me I was on less than 100 health.

Beta Testers
3,304 posts
26,945 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I have heard rhis song from DD plauers for years.  In rank there are few CV and still DD die in 5 min to other DDs. Mayne DD should learn how to knife fight before blaming everything else.

I'm talking about random battles ………….Rank does not interest me...……………………………... 

[PHD]
Members
1,930 posts
7,425 battles

I find the new DDs ironic in that with all the difficulties DDs are having, WG comes out with DDs that are very good at killing DDs:Smile_sad:

It seems DDs are still expected to lead and scout but once the shooting starts it is rather hard to survive long enough to get out of the situation. Hanging back early may be a better strategy just not a popular one.

But MHO may not be worth much as it's something I'm working on in my somewhat incompetent way.

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles
26 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm getting good results torping ships with my Gearing in Ranked because they all seen to cluster together at the buffs. I don't wait in buffs but drive by and grab them at full speed.  Also, I don't sit still when playing a BB because you can't dodge torps when you are not moving. I do, however, try to at least keep an island on one of my flanks so that I know there can be no torpedoes coming in from that direction. To tell the truth, I sometimes have a harder time dodging the friendly torpedoes than I do the enemy ones. For some reason, in Ranked the DDs seem to like to hang out behind the BBs.

In my Daring it was our cruisers that kept torping behind me, had to dodge way too many friendly salvos

[FAE]
Members
2,625 posts
3,677 battles
34 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If you made this insight, I'd suggest you look into it to see if there are things that will encourage DDs to actually be afraid of going in more than BBs. Some stupidity does always exist, but that doesn't add up to a correlant trend. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,215 posts
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I did get blapped by a CV in Ranked today while playing my Gearing. However it was at the end of the match and after I'd already taken out two DDs (a Shima and a Gearing) with my guns and a CA with my torps. When the rockets finally got me I was on less than 100 health.

Most of my matches, at least 70 percent there is not a plane in sight. But still the DD die to other DD. By torp or gun fire from other DDs.

The constant planes are killing me is not grown tiring.  Rank seems to be DD fighting each other and dieing very quickly.

You cant learn without playing and I am not trying to say I am the greatest cv player of all time. 

The constant montra of planes are killing me is not proving its self true in rank.

[RGPLT]
Members
683 posts
18,438 battles

How to know someone needs to "Git Gud". ROFL

WG isn't the problem mate. You just suck and won't admit it to yourself. 

I have the Halland and its far from OP.

Edited by MackDye

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

They're fast but their detection is poor. The only thing that saves it is the reload rate and good spread choices (narrow or ultra narrow) so chances of landing hits on a per game basis are really good. However purely talking about time to dodge they aren't much different than existing options. 

Halland Torpedo reaction time is 7.7 seconds.

Daring torps are also 7.7 seconds

Gearing is 7.8 seconds

Z52 is 7.8 seconds

Groz is 7.8 seconds

YY is 4.2 seconds

Shima Type93 is 9.3 seconds

Edited by ksix