You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Come On WG.. CV are so OP

163 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
13,989 battles

Ranked Battle   GroseKurfurst. 

I get singled out by the CV.. no biggie really it happens. However... one wave of Torpedo planes, made all the passe he wanted to, and I shot down two planes and he landed many many torpedoes.

WG.. how is this in any way balanced?

He took out nearly all of my HP over three waves and in the process I shot down a total of 5 planes. He face almost no risk or penalty for this attack.

This is not in any way balanced, nor is it fun... I suppose it is great jollies for the CV to be able to attack with impunity... what a messed up system.. really...

I would not mind taking a few torps, but let me shoot down planes in the process, the damn ship is loaded with useless AA. 

And can we talk about stupidly accurate rockets that fire from blank range and kill DDs with ease, and again, almost zero ability of a DD to hit back.

And can we talk about bomber planes that sail through my super structure when making bomb runs?

so yeah.. fun for the CV, but not for anyone else... Oh ans I suppose there are  jollies to be had by making the players of the other 3 ship classes frustrated...

• Cool 18
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 27

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,014 battles

Know what is scarier than CVs? Actual CVs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,247 battles
13 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I get singled out by the CV.. no biggie really it happens. However... one wave of Torpedo planes, made all the passe he wanted to, and I shot down two planes and he landed many many torpedoes.

He took out nearly all of my HP over three waves and in the process I shot down a total of 5 planes. He face almost no risk or penalty for this attack.

This is not in any way balanced, nor is it fun... I suppose it is great jollies for the CV to be able to attack with impunity... what a messed up system.. really...

I would not mind taking a few torps, but let me shoot down planes in the process, the damn ship is loaded with useless AA. 

And can we talk about stupidly accurate rockets that fire from blank range and kill DDs with ease, and again, almost zero ability of a DD to hit back.

And can we talk about bomber planes that sail through my super structure when making bomb runs?

so yeah.. fun for the CV, but not for anyone else... Oh ans I suppose there are  jollies to be had by making the players of the other 3 ship classes frustrated...

Did you properly manage your AA sectors?  Have you enhanced your GK's AA in any way?  (A secondary build would do this, particularly the BFT skill or the 6th slot secondary upgrade module.)

Also, CV isn't a ship class.  It's a ship TYPE.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 9

[NUWES]
Members
3,426 posts
12,770 battles
10 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Did you have any AA modules or spec your captain for AA? 5 planes shot down seems really low if he attacked you that many times and you improved your AA. Kurfurst isn't the best AA platform but it is far from the worst in you invest in it. If you don't invest in it, you aren't going to shoot much down. 

The other problem is Kurfurst itself. It's absolutely enormous and ungainly. It's a really easy target.  It's too long to dodge torpedoes well, it has a lot of deck space to eat HE bombs and rockets and its deck armor layout is bad so it will gargle Hak's AP bombs right down into the citadel over and over again. 

Kurfurst is simply not one of the better BBs to face CVs and it only gets worse if you don't invest in AA modules or captain skills. Think of it this way. The CV invests 19 captain points as many modules as he can into helping his planes live long enough to launch their attack. If you don't invest  skills or modules into countering him you won't stop him. His 19 will beat your zero. Base AA will never, ever do well against fully buffed plane speed and survivability. It doesn't matter the ship you use. Most BBs  go for survivability (or secondaries for Kurfurst). That's a perfectly acceptable choice but it means that planes will have their way with you. Your AA won't give him a second thought and all you can do is try to dodge (good luck with Kurfurst) or absorb the damage. 

• Cool 2

Members
940 posts

Airports > boats.  WG is still laboring under the impression that it's possible to balance them. Strategic weapons shoehorned into a tactical setting are not going to balance.   

• Cool 13
  • Boring 5

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
11 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Airports > boats.  WG is still laboring under the impression that it's possible to balance them. Strategic weapons shoehorned into a tactical setting are not going to balance.   

Yawn, so anyway....

Group up with some AA gifted cruisers. They will have an additive effect as long as you stay with a couple KM of each other. The other benefit is cruisers often have radar or hydro you can chain for defense against your true nemisis, the DD. Cruisers also have higher ROF and better accuracy so they can help you defend yourself against destroyers and stack damage against all targets. It's good for the cruiser too because you are a shell sponging meatshield that will increase the cruisers survivability simply by being an easier target to shoot at. At the end of the day, Strike aircraft are going to inflict some damage. They are supposed to especially early in the game when their squadrons are still full strength. However, they gradually weaken over time and there are things you can do to mitigate how much damage they get.

Few things suck as bad as being caught isolated and without support by strike aircraft and torp ninja DDs 

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 11

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,223 posts

I hear ya.

BBs that can't see or shoot at a torp DD who is launching death fish at them from nowhere and can stay out of the BBs detection forever, are totally different.  That hasn't at all been a thing since the day the game launched.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Members
1,527 posts
7,165 battles

You know what I find funny is that so many of the players complaining about CV are also the ones asking/begging for Subs. 

• Cool 1

[12TF]
9,223 posts
1 minute ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Yes Yes.. attack my opinion.. it must not be valid or worth while.. so attack!!! 

Some people have opposing views.  They are allowed to express theirs as well.

[GGWP]
Members
7,577 posts
17,880 battles
5 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

You know what I find funny is that so many of the players complaining about CV are also the ones asking/begging for Subs. 

citation please

• Funny 1

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
12,269 battles

So, a CV ruins the gaming experience for this player, and the rest of that "community" rush to defend the conduct.

Nasty.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[HINON]
Members
8,978 posts
13,134 battles
1 hour ago, thebigblue said:

Group up with some AA gifted cruisers

yes, and still get your [edited]handed to you even with all of them surrounding you because cruisers that used to make a CV (edited) itself are now a joke to them, all high tier Allied cruisers used to be the WORST thing a CV could encounter, now, theyre just another target the CV can drop with little to no losses

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 3

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
11 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

yes, and still get your [edited]handed to you even with all of them surrounding you because cruisers that used to be no fly zones are now a joke to a CV

Once in a while, yeah. Sometimes you get the bull, other times you get the horns. The way the dif AA zones overlap and how dif ships have dif effective distances plays a factor. Still, way better working cooperatively than off on your own.

Edited by thebigblue

[D33P6]
Members
572 posts

I'm having a hard time believing that the enemy CV was able to do this in...

2 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

He took out nearly all of my HP over three waves

I am assuming that over three waves you mean three attack runs? or do you mean three waves as in 3 full squadrons.  Either way you shot down some aircraft so most likely the CV recalled the final run.

I have strong feeling that other factors were in play.

Post the replay.

Members
940 posts
36 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

So, a CV ruins the gaming experience for this player, and the rest of that "community" rush to defend the conduct.

Nasty.

Not everyone.  Just a vocal little NEET minority.    

• Boring 3

Members
136 posts
15 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Not everyone.  Just a vocal little NEET minority.    

I mean for the most part it's people are angry something can attack and sink them without ever being at risk for retaliation. It makes players feel helpless, although you kinda get used to it.  

Edited by WonderfulWizard

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,377 posts
1 hour ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Yes Yes.. attack my opinion.. it must not be valid or worth while.. so attack!!! 

Griefers  gonna grief whether it's in their trollbotes or here just gotta deal with it

2 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

LOL  They're not laboring , they just don't care, as long as the griefers spend thats all they care about

• Boring 2

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,127 battles
3 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

sounds like you went solo. In a BB in a cv match.  does not end well.  replay? 

For my GK it secondary spec with fighter, so it get buffs for my AA with this spec.  Its does shot down planes but need some help. so i keep close to other bb and cl/ca/bc

My rule of thumb for taking plane torps.   Midway take them they have low damage try to get them to land on torp belt.  Haka. Active doge they hurt if not hope they land on belt. ADUA. go in straight line as fast as passable there slow as #$% and do little damage.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,995 battles
3 hours ago, thebigblue said:

Yawn, so anyway....

Group up with some AA gifted cruisers. They will have an additive effect as long as you stay with a couple KM of each other. 

Haha. The other day I am in Nuestra between a DM and another US cruiser, with a BB also clumped up. Hak had no trouble rocketing me. 

Sick of that garbage. Sick of moving up to cover DDs with AA only to find I have no effect on the CV at all.  

AA.  Doesn't.  Work. 

Devs. Don't. Care.

It's really that simple. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 3

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
323 posts
2,956 battles

I'm just gonna leave this here...

We won by capping, me and my buddy in the Mass

Survival.jpg

Edited by Tyberius_D

Beta Testers
974 posts
15,089 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I hear ya.

BBs that can't see or shoot at a torp DD who is launching death fish at them from nowhere and can stay out of the BBs detection forever, are totally different.  That hasn't at all been a thing since the day the game launched.

I smell a BB main...

And it's perfectly balanced that a BB 20km away can blap a cruiser and just laugh...

• Boring 1

[12TF]
9,223 posts
4 minutes ago, hexeris said:

I smell a BB main...

CV , just pointing out that the whole I can shoot you but you can't shoot back, is a very old game mechanic for WoWs.

Beta Testers
974 posts
15,089 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

CV :).

Well that's OK then. Don't have much of a problem with CV's. :P

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,127 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

CV, just pointing out that the whole I can shoot you but you can't shoot back, is a very old game mechanic for WoWs.

so sniping a CA/CL/BC  or DD from max range is not the same????  because they cant shoot back?:cap_fainting: