You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

12v12 "Ranked" - Random's garbage with a different label

18 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
3,053 posts
8,311 battles

Those of us who favor the competitive modes over random garbage do so because we're able to exert more influence on the match.  Slapping "Ranked sprint" on randoms is Puerto-Rico-event level of bad idea.  I don't work at the airport and likewise don't like to carry  baggage.   The less players we have to put up with, the better.

Ranked needs to forever have a cap of 7 players -- a rule that should never be broken.  Furthermore, it should also be setup where a 7 man division comprised of any player in any clan (or not) should be able to div.  Those who choose to run any other amount of players in a div, including just 1, will be matched against / combined with any number of players to equal 2 7 ship teams independent of div balance.  

Slapping a different label on randoms however is unacceptable. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 7

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,441 posts
12,724 battles

I'm enjoying it anything a little different is ok with me love a little change here and there . 7 vs 7 ranked sprint tier 10 was getting boring .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,153 battles

They are just testing whether this mode can be used in Randoms.

In this mode, whoever has the most broken Russian ships wins. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SOFOP]
Members
2,492 posts
15,446 battles

You know what the best part is?  All ranks are grouped together.  So you could be rank 2, going for 1, and get a group of Rank 10s.

Weeeee.

[PELTS]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,349 battles

I dont like it, too much people to ranked... and division locked to only 2 :/

• Cool 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
589 posts
13,221 battles
2 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Those of us who favor the competitive modes over random garbage do so because we're able to exert more influence on the match.  Slapping "Ranked sprint" on randoms is Puerto-Rico-event level of bad idea.  I don't work at the airport and likewise don't like to carry  baggage.   The less players we have to put up with, the better.

Ranked needs to forever have a cap of 7 players -- a rule that should never be broken.  Furthermore, it should also be setup where a 7 man division comprised of any player in any clan (or not) should be able to div.  Those who choose to run any other amount of players in a div, including just 1, will be matched against / combined with any number of players to equal 2 7 ship teams independent of div balance.  

I thought people wanted +/- 1 matchmaking

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,441 posts
12,724 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

You know what the best part is?  All ranks are grouped together.  So you could be rank 2, going for 1, and get a group of Rank 10s.

Weeeee.

Yea so that doesn't necessarily mean anything sooner or later if your at rank 2 you will get to rank 1 . Your number 2 rank going into the game doesn't mean your the best player the higher ranked player  might have started later played less games and started at rank 12 .

The guy who is rank 2 might have played 50 games already and not be so good . Its a change , that always scares people a bit I like it I had fun last night .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,441 posts
12,724 battles
3 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Ranked needs to forever have a cap of 7 players -- a rule that should never be broken. 

Its not ranked it's sprint ranked there different no ? Why should it never be broken especially sprint ranked change is good once and while you make it sound like it's forever .

Edited by clammboy

[SALVO]
Members
26,341 posts
30,439 battles
6 hours ago, clammboy said:

I'm enjoying it anything a little different is ok with me love a little change here and there . 7 vs 7 ranked sprint tier 10 was getting boring .

I'd rather have tier 5 or 6 sprint 7v7 battles, than tier 10 sprint 12v12.  The thing that made the first seasons of Sprint fun was that they were in lower tiers.   It's really frustrating having every god damned competitive and semi-competitive event be at tier freaking 10!!!

• Cool 1

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
7 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

I was with you on the 7v7 part; low ship count games are part of what’s good about ranked, however I gotta hard pass on the divs there. You are literally talking about turning ranked into CW, except clans also get to dumpster randoms. I don’t want my ranked experience dependent once again on the ability of my clan to field 7 members. I want to play ranked when I want to play ranked. 2 man divs? Sure. I’m fine with that. 3 man divs? That’s pushing it. A whole 7v7 is just clan wars with extra steps.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,153 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

I'd rather have tier 5 or 6 sprint 7v7 battles, than tier 10 sprint 12v12.  The thing that made the first seasons of Sprint fun was that they were in lower tiers.   It's really frustrating having every god damned competitive and semi-competitive event be at tier freaking 10!!!

Totally agree. I am tired of always playing and seeing the same ships.

Sprint was fun at the lower tiers as well.  There's no reason why they couldn't have it at T5 again.

They just don't want people grinding shifts in ranked sprint. Sucks.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,441 posts
12,724 battles
7 hours ago, Crucis said:

I cannot disagree with this your right about tier 10 . At least the up coming ranked is in tier 7 I believe . 

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles

Understand that I have made the choice to not go with a big clan and play clan battles or KoTs….. For single players who enjoy PVP there is only Random or Ranked. Ranked Sprint is a gas, its fun, quick and most importantly not randoms. (yes, I know this one seems like a random)…….

Ideal? Probably not, but if it helps fine tune future game modes...That is a win - win. They are doing some fun stuff with Ranked Sprint. Hopefully next ranked Sprint we can go down to tier 4 or something like that. Either way, mix it up as much as possible AND provide more Ranked Sprint events.

Members
412 posts
12,070 battles
9 hours ago, Crucis said:

Then rejoice! The next Ranked season is supposed to be Tier VII.

[SALVO]
Members
26,341 posts
30,439 battles
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Totally agree. I am tired of always playing and seeing the same ships.

Sprint was fun at the lower tiers as well.  There's no reason why they couldn't have it at T5 again.

They just don't want people grinding shifts in ranked sprint. Sucks.

It definitely was fun to be able to play my tier 5's in that first ranked sprint season.  :cap_like:

Tier 10 sprint?  No so much.

FYI, this is some feedback, Hapa.  <-----  @Hapa_Fodder

[TDRB]
Members
5,329 posts
13,743 battles
18 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

It is Sprint Ranked, a different mode. We all have different modes of battle we favor & those we do not.

[SGSS]
Members
6,224 posts
19 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Have strint at t10 is what's wrong. Steint was fun because it was low t and games were fast and cheap.

T10 is work and less fun.