You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrayPanther2018

Discord feature and use info

6 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,377 battles

I am a dinosuar, (not the KuroshioKai's kind) my first PC used DOS, modern social media is not my thing.

But I have Discord on my PC for WOWS. I know it is a program so you and your teammates can talk while playing the game. But it seems to have a forum type feature as well. Is there a source for basic info on the program?

I have looked on the Discord website but the FAQ only seems to have info about operational issues not "Discord for Dummies" info.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles

You have it right, Discord can have lots of text channels plus voice. The other commonly used voice chat program TeamSpeak has limited text capabilities.

[IROCZ]
[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,350 battles

discord runs always, they hear everything

don't use discord use game chat, whats the big deal with discord ?

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,377 battles
11 hours ago, panamaz28 said:

discord runs always, they hear everything

don't use discord use game chat, whats the big deal with discord ?

Jingles has the Salt mines channel and KurioKai (spell?) has a channel too and I was wondering what info was there and how to access it and in what format it was in.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,488 posts
13,882 battles
21 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I am a dinosuar, (not the KuroshioKai's kind) my first PC used DOS, modern social media is not my thing.

But I have Discord on my PC for WOWS. I know it is a program so you and your teammates can talk while playing the game. But it seems to have a forum type feature as well. Is there a source for basic info on the program?

I have looked on the Discord website but the FAQ only seems to have info about operational issues not "Discord for Dummies" info.

Aloha,

If you need help getting into the voice channels or getting that stuff set up, feel free to PM me.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,377 battles
39 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

If you need help getting into the voice channels or getting that stuff set up, feel free to PM me.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thanks! Someone already messaged me. I was looking for a tutorial to learn what it does. I already have a link to Kurt's channel. 

• Cool 1