Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, changes to test ships

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

292
[RVNHQ]
Members
433 posts
12,085 battles

Why even bother asking for feedback.

Another Agir nerf? At this point just scrap the whole thing. 

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UN1]
Members
1,387 posts
4,495 battles
54 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Balance changes to test ships

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/16

Please leave your feedback below.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

The community would rather have the secondary Agir back.  :)

(It'll sell a lot better!)

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,665
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, Beleaf_ said:

Another Agir nerf? At this point just scrap the whole thing. 

Pretty much.

Especially with Siegfried occupying the same tier and ship type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,077
[UNHLY]
Members
3,264 posts
25,378 battles

Look all you people giving WG a hard time about German ships in particular KMS Agir are so out of touch, LESTA is pro German I really mean it

 

This screenshot from the tutorial video is one of the funniest ...

 

  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[JACK]
Members
106 posts
29,493 battles

wows needs to buff the secondaries on the USS California the nerf to her main battery guns gives them every reason to buff them as to give her more fire power at close range and the people at the wows home office need to face the hard facts a ship that does 20KNOTS will be chased down and needs all the help she can get in knife fight

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,066
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,328 posts
13,008 battles
1 hour ago, Judith_Chase said:

wows needs to buff the secondaries on the USS California the nerf to her main battery guns gives them every reason to buff them as to give her more fire power at close range and the people at the wows home office need to face the hard facts a ship that does 20KNOTS will be chased down and needs all the help she can get in knife fight

California's guns were buffed from 1.8-1.9 sigma amd range increased to 19.9km. She's still needs a secondary buff but 19.9km range iand 1.9 sigma a good start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,977
[PVE]
Members
14,010 posts
29,579 battles

Another Aigr nerf bwahahaha. This is actually becoming comical it is so ludicrous. WG just forget it and officially kill the ship. :Smile_facepalm:

Buffs to CA are nice but you need to reverse that nerf to reload and put it back to 30 sec or under.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,862
[ARGSY]
Members
24,534 posts
18,537 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Especially with Siegfried occupying the same tier and ship type.

We have Scharnhorst and Gneisenau at Tier 7 in pretty much the same position, albeit the difference is that one is premium and the other tech-tree. Not sure there is room for two premium cruiser versions like this, even if one is coal and the other is FXP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
888
[WOLFB]
Members
3,188 posts
8,229 battles

Proof that WG is loosing touch with the game is  to look at the long ST times now. then Russian ships get big Buff and everyone else gets nerf.  Just scrap the metal on the Agir. At this point why would you want her she dosnt seem fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
754
[USN]
Members
1,646 posts
21,167 battles

California: Gee, I wonder why it needed those buffs.

Kotovsky and Mikoyan torps: makes sense, puts them in line with Soviet cruiser torps

Mikoyan guns: don't understand the nerf, a Kirov is better.

Soviet Zara: French BB dispersion, 1.8 sigma, high velocity big shells, tanky af armor where have I seen this movie before?

Agir: I'm seriously questioning the point of my existence right now

Champagne: yeah, because Graf Spee dispersion on a T8 BB is a good idea, lets nerf the damage and heals, not the biggest issue.

Red Baron: now a 15k rocket strike, beauitiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
2 hours ago, Judith_Chase said:

wows needs to buff the secondaries on the USS California the nerf to her main battery guns gives them every reason to buff them as to give her more fire power at close range and the people at the wows home office need to face the hard facts a ship that does 20KNOTS will be chased down and needs all the help she can get in knife fight

A ship that goes 20knts in mid tier I would stop asking for secondary gun buffs and start begging and pleading for either speed increase or some jumbo sized heals...

I have tried Colorado recently and can never seem to really get the ship to work unless I get a very good team to support me. Meanwhile my Nelson does very well. So what’s the difference as both as very slow tier VII BBs? The Nelson gets the ability to heal massive amounts of HP and this allows it to stay alive sometimes the entire battle or at least long enough to put up some solid damage and ships sunk numbers.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
42 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

California: Gee, I wonder why it needed those buffs.

Kotovsky and Mikoyan torps: makes sense, puts them in line with Soviet cruiser torps

Mikoyan guns: don't understand the nerf, a Kirov is better.

Soviet Zara: French BB dispersion, 1.8 sigma, high velocity big shells, tanky af armor where have I seen this movie before?

Agir: I'm seriously questioning the point of my existence right now

Champagne: yeah, because Graf Spee dispersion on a T8 BB is a good idea, lets nerf the damage and heals, not the biggest issue.

Red Baron: now a 15k rocket strike, beauitiful

I would gladly accept guns that function exactly like Graf Spee where they are terribly inaccurate stock, but add Aiming Mod 1 onto the ship and they can accurately hit targets at their max gun range while also having good damage, pen, and reload. And to be honest Scharnhorst’s guns have the same accuracy as Graf Spee resulting in some people I know stating Scharnhorst “is a horrible warship” until I had them try Aiming Mod 1 and suddenly the ship started working for them.

Agir will likely serve as a target ship for torpedoes, shells, and air attacks. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,526
[WOLFC]
Members
2,819 posts
11,368 battles
25 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And to be honest Scharnhorst’s guns have the same accuracy as Graf Spee resulting in some people I know stating Scharnhorst “is a horrible warship” until I had them try Aiming Mod 1 and suddenly the ship started working for them.

Scharnhorst uses the same dispersion curve as other German BBs (they use the USN BB dispersion curve now) with 2.0 sigma. Graf Spee has 1.9 sigma and uses a different dispersion curve - at the time of release it was unique, but is also used by some BBs (i.e. Georgia) and supercruisers.

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
842
[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,416 posts
6,014 battles
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

Look all you people giving WG a hard time about German ships in particular KMS Agir are so out of touch, LESTA is pro German I really mean it

 

They just released Mainz and thats pretty OP....

 

Quote

 

French battleship Champagne, Tier VIII:

Shells' parameters were changed:

Maximum AP shell damage reduced from 13,200 to 12,100;

HE and AP shell ballistics were changed: shells will now take a bit longer to reach their target when fired at any distance;

AP shell armor penetration was reduced.

The number of "Repair Party" consumables reduced to 3.

 

 

Probably the most fun I've ever had in this game. I'm not sure why this is the direction the nerf bat went. The ship was absolutely way too survivable (partly because people have no idea you could overmatch it). That got hit, which is great. But at the same time the things that made the ship great are also getting hit. Having 6 guns in A-X config in trade for great dispersion, sure, that is a fair trade. 25mm bow and aft, with a rather thin belt, used to be compensated with ludacris shell properties. Now you are losing a repair party, *and* those shell qualities, and getting nothing in return. 

Why not hit things that added nothing to the playstyle of the ship? like the speed boost that was only ever really used to run away from ships (again making it more survivable than it should have been). The ship was never about the speed boost, no one was ever going to buy the ship for a speed boost. Theres no reason to have it.

Frustrating...WIP, hopefully the shell properties will be restored in the future

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,757
[WOLF8]
Members
8,132 posts
6,782 battles

Another ST change, another Agir nerf. Why am I not surprised? :Smile_sceptic:

I agree that maybe she should just be put to rest. :Smile_sad:

The No-Fun Kommisar must be working overtime, trying to "balans" the ship... lol (/s). :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Scharnhorst uses the same dispersion curve as other German BBs (they use the USN BB dispersion curve now) with 2.0 sigma. Graf Spee has 1.9 sigma and uses a different dispersion curve - at the time of release it was unique, but is also used by some BBs (i.e. Georgia) and supercruisers.

Odd since ships like Gneisenau and Bismarck I use secondary gun module instead of Aiming Mod and they do just fine where as Scharnhorst and Graf Spee are both equally bad without out the Aiming Mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[PRVTR]
Members
1,143 posts
6,412 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Agir: I'm seriously questioning the point of my existence right now

Well here's the thing, though. That "lowered" long range velocity also leads to lower vertical disperison, which also means that the ship will hit just as hard without actually having to worry about missing as much as it used to.

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,526
[WOLFC]
Members
2,819 posts
11,368 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Odd since ships like Gneisenau and Bismarck I use secondary gun module instead of Aiming Mod and they do just fine where as Scharnhorst and Graf Spee are both equally bad without out the Aiming Mod.

This is odd, but the numbers speak for themselves. My guess would be that you have differing expectaions for each ship. Gneisenau and Bismarck aren’t “supposed” to be accurate, but you would feel that Graf Spee and Scharnhorst are supposed to be more accurate due to smaller gun caliber, cruiser vs BB, etc (and they are). I expect you notice and remember the wonky salvoes from the latter group, while those from the former are expected and don’t really register. This is the same reason I find myself remembering clearly all the moments when my Georgia’s guns decide to troll me and go everywhere but where I aimed, and she has a well-earned reputation for very good gunnery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,073
[HINON]
Members
9,010 posts
13,176 battles

at this point WG could come out and say they just hate the Germans and no one would be surprised, the constant beating of the Agir is more than enough proof that they hate them, just trash the ship WG, no one with 2 brain cells rubbing together is going to buy that piece of (edited) from you, just put it out of its misery already

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[SVF]
Members
1,870 posts
2,439 battles

WRT California-

 

Fighter consumable is of limited utility at best and mostly useless, she didn't need more range, and the sigma buff is nice I guess? But I don't consider 0.1 sigma to be worth 4.2s of reload. These were not the buffs California needed. Revert the reload back to 30s, buff the traverse to 45s, give her Colorado's speed retention during maneuvers, and then we're getting somewhere.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
754
[USN]
Members
1,646 posts
21,167 battles
2 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Well here's the thing, though. That "lowered" long range velocity also leads to lower vertical disperison, which also means that the ship will hit just as hard without actually having to worry about missing as much as it used to.

:SerB:

but why lose 300 damage per citadel? and giving back the 10ms fuses would be just as effective in reducing overpens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×