You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Notting_Hill

Observations of World of Warships

6 comments in this topic

[KRIEG]
[KRIEG]
Members
33 posts
1,056 battles

My family has played WoT and WoWs for sometime now, I started playing WoWs a while back, you can call me a casual player.  I am a software  developer.  I have about 600-700 random games in, I have a tier 10 Minotaur.  I do not know the mechanics behind the scenes at WoW but trying to play this game has become disappointing.  All I care about is the play, the ships look cool the effects are cool, the economy is what it is but playing the game I have begun to feel detached. 

There appears to be little that you can count on when operating your ship.  The game to me controls too much of what is happening, it is as if games are per-determined.  Or pivot from a win to a loss by way of dynamic RNG, meaning that if your ahead in points your RNG goes down or vice versa.

A wider audience may be found if players are allowed to use aiming skills more consistently in random matches.  If appears to me that ranked battles for some reason do not suffer the wide range of RNG.  Today I was 6k from a broadside Cleveland with 2k health, I was broadside in my Monarch.  My first volley falls short, my second volley falls short.  I know how to aim, of course the Cleveland puts me on fire I reload and sink the Cleveland.   This type of RNG pushes me away. 

Oh well taking another break from this game.

Cheers.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
1 hour ago, Notting_Hill said:

I have about 600-700 random games in, I have a tier 10 Minotaur

1 hour ago, Notting_Hill said:

I was broadside in my Monarch

This might be a problem that's not a lot of games .

Edited by clammboy

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,976 posts
20,643 battles
2 hours ago, Notting_Hill said:

My family has played WoT and WoWs for sometime now, I started playing WoWs a while back, you can call me a casual player.  I am a software  developer.  I have about 600-700 random games in, I have a tier 10 Minotaur.  I do not know the mechanics behind the scenes at WoW but trying to play this game has become disappointing.  All I care about is the play, the ships look cool the effects are cool, the economy is what it is but playing the game I have begun to feel detached. 

There appears to be little that you can count on when operating your ship.  The game to me controls too much of what is happening, it is as if games are per-determined.  Or pivot from a win to a loss by way of dynamic RNG, meaning that if your ahead in points your RNG goes down or vice versa.

A wider audience may be found if players are allowed to use aiming skills more consistently in random matches.  If appears to me that ranked battles for some reason do not suffer the wide range of RNG.  Today I was 6k from a broadside Cleveland with 2k health, I was broadside in my Monarch.  My first volley falls short, my second volley falls short.  I know how to aim, of course the Cleveland puts me on fire I reload and sink the Cleveland.   This type of RNG pushes me away. 

Oh well taking another break from this game.

Cheers.

Good and very good players do not die early.

When the herd is thinned out, they group up and focus red down....

Not rng based on point lead.

[WOLFA]
Members
806 posts
6,674 battles
2 hours ago, Notting_Hill said:

I have about 600-700 random games in, I have a tier 10 Minotaur.  

This is the problem not the game.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
3 hours ago, Notting_Hill said:

I have about 600-700 random games in, I have a tier 10 Minotaur.

I have played since closed beta.  I am also, based on number of matches played, relatively casual.  I have 2446 Random matches.  I did not get my first Tier X, Yamato, until just under 13 months ago.  I have also never had an overall win rate of less than 50%.  I have read about the mechanics and understand, at least basically, what I am supposed to do.

You also pushed up what is widely seen as the hardest cruiser line in the game, ships to which arbitrary stuff does just happen.

As to the RNG of your Monarch shooting at Cleveland example, think of how overpowered BBs would be if the game was point and click like Call of Duty or what have you?  With the alpha strike BBs have it would be utter annihilation for most players.

[TLW]
Members
4 posts
11,726 battles

You are not the first to comment the game seems "pre-determined"  You can go out in one battle and hit everything and the next you can hit nothing. I have seen to many matches where one team only loses one ship.  The biggest pet peeve is one click kills from CV's . A Gearing set up AA will only shoot down 1 plane after three waves of planes.