Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

12 v 12 Ranked

34 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

Garbage. 

What was the thinking behind this? 

It's not ranked, it's just more randoms with some rewards sprinkled in. 

A random competitive mode needs a format in which the best players can shine. 12 v 12 is NOT that format. 

Further, ranked is fun because it's wholly different than the drudgery of randoms. Smaller teams on big maps leads to more dynamic gameplay. 

12 v 12 was just a bad idea. 1 v 1 was silly as all get out, but at least it was fun. This is just

Garbage.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2

[SPTR]
Members
27,141 posts
16,350 battles

Yeah prefer the 1v1 over this one any day. 

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Doesn't help either when you have 10-15% WR differences between teams...thats not isolated to ranked but it is a bigger issue the more people you have in the game.  6v6, you can sway your team a bit more on individual performance.  12v12 you rely on your team a bit more.

Ultimately, I think they really like Arms Race and this was a good way to test it.

• Boring 1

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
59 minutes ago, legozer said:

Garbage. 

A random competitive mode needs a format in which the best players can shine. 12 v 12 is NOT that format. 

Further, ranked is fun because it's wholly different than the drudgery of randoms. Smaller teams on big maps leads to more dynamic gameplay. 

12 v 12 was just a bad idea. 1 v 1 was silly as all get out, but at least it was fun. This is just

Garbage.

Yeah, the 12v12 ranked mode is pretty trash. Ranked should never be this large as it is supposed to be a somewhat competitive mode. This is basically randoms with arms race.

Members
829 posts
4,679 battles

If people want to go super tryhard I say leave that to clan battles. Ranked should still be fun.

Regular ranked is a boring campfest.

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,112 battles

I have only played one ranked game so far and it did surprise me that it was 12 v 12.

I didn't find it bad but kind of too similar to a random battle.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,202 posts
5,588 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

Garbage. 

Garbage.

OInk!
Depends... They could be testing these battles on a 12x12 format to add them after in random.
If it's the case, it's a good idea, I am sure that adding this to the random battles could be interesting.
Goltzed!

• Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
1 minute ago, franz_von_goltz said:

OInk!
Depends... They could be testing these battles on a 12x12 format to add them after in random.
If it's the case, it's a good idea, I am sure that adding this to the random battles could be interesting.
Goltzed!

They did that a long time ago. It was a format you could select instead of randoms or co-op.

[--K--]
Members
5,363 posts
17,341 battles

So 12v12 Ranked is just Randoms with extra steps.

:cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

This 12 x 12 ranked is to see how arms race work in random battles. 

WG wants to introduce arms race as a "new" random game mode. This ranked is a "test bed". 

[NX01]
Members
50 posts
8,302 battles

I like arms race.  But I like ranked better when the teams are smaller.

Members
367 posts
10,405 battles

The confusion is real. Yesterday the CV captain thought he was playing in Ranked when he was actually playing in Randoms.

[PVE]
Members
6,117 posts
22,432 battles
56 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

this is simply testing arms race mode for regular randoms.

37 minutes ago, Xlap said:

This 12 x 12 ranked is to see how arms race work in random battles. 

WG wants to introduce arms race as a "new" random game mode. This ranked is a "test bed". 

This isn't a test...Arms Race was introduced as it's own game mode ages ago.

Plus it has been used at least a couple other times since then.

IOW...it's already been tested.

I like it myself...in all ship types (sans CVs...but just because I haven't gotten around to actually running CVs except on PTS so haven't played them in Arms Race) but in DDs especially.

[1984]
Members
4,120 posts
19,840 battles
15 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

This isn't a test...Arms Race was introduced as it's own game mode ages ago.

Plus it has been used at least a couple other times since then.

IOW...it's already been tested.

I like it myself...in all ship types (sans CVs...but just because I haven't gotten around to actually running CVs except on PTS so haven't played them in Arms Race) but in DDs especially.

never on the 12x12 scale.

[USMC-]
Members
290 posts
8,022 battles

Blowouts seem to be worse for this 12 v12 ranked the regular randoms.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,034 posts

I haven't been playing ranked for long, but this is the first time I have played ranked and seen almost the same number of people hiding and scared to play as I see everyday in randoms.  

Was quite a shock to be fighting hard as hell then to look around and see full health ships way out of position afraid to even fire their gunz.  

Randoms with Arms Race will still be Randoms with the same kinds of players. 

Adding Arms race will not change that.

[PVE]
Members
6,117 posts
22,432 battles
47 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

never on the 12x12 scale.

I thought it was originally 12 vs 12 when it was 1st introduced in it's own mode...I could be mistaken as that was awhile ago.

I say if they are gonna introduce Arms Race into random battles they should bring back Bastion...or take epicenter out of random & give them all their own separate mode.

Members
1,660 posts
4 hours ago, legozer said:

Garbage. 

Garbage.

Such a shame you're being forced to play a game mode to the exclusion of all the other game modes WoWs offers.

• Boring 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,328 posts
31,714 battles

Yea after the  1v1 which was awesome we have this.

Regular random battles look like unicoms cooperating with team speak compared to this cluster phuck of ranked.

7 should be the max number if you want the illusion that you can influence a battle for good or bad.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
14 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Such a shame you're being forced to play a game mode to the exclusion of all the other game modes WoWs offers.

Clearly my expression of dissatisfaction with changes to a game mode that usually cuts the monotony of randoms warrants douchey sarcasm. Thanks.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,120 posts
19,840 battles
24 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I thought it was originally 12 vs 12 when it was 1st introduced in it's own mode...I could be mistaken as that was awhile ago.

I say if they are gonna introduce Arms Race into random battles they should bring back Bastion...or take epicenter out of random & give them all their own separate mode.

i recall the 7v7 (i think) ranked mode. dont remember a 12v12 although it may have been a halloween or april fools mode which i didnt play. but pretty sure they were small teams, maybe even 5v5

Members
1,660 posts
4 minutes ago, legozer said:

Clearly my expression of dissatisfaction with changes to a game mode that usually cuts the monotony of randoms warrants douchey sarcasm. Thanks.

You're most welcome.

Complaining about something you chose to do isn't really sarcasm though, but your statement is half correct at least!

Seriously though.  If you don't like/enjoy the current season of ranked battles, do something you do enjoy until a seasonal game mode you do enjoy comes around.  They can't please every player with every season, just like they can't please every player with every ship they release.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,147 posts
16,815 battles

This ranked season has thus far been terrible. It seems like portions of the team don't realize that charging head long into the enemy is a bad idea. Destroyers are sitting broadside in smoke waiting to be torped, cruisers are hiding behind islands and battleships are so far away it looks like they're sailing to the next map. Then in almost every match the first captain to die starts typing in chat how we didn't support his yolo charge or that we're terrible etc. 

I know we have new and returning players that don't understand the meta but it's just pretty frustrating so far. 

frustration Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Sign in to follow this