You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUTB

Game is Unplayable

32 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
768 posts
3,847 battles

Sadly, the game has become worse since my last break. I thought I'd hang around and get some of these new research ships, maybe some steel ships. But....I can't do it. The state of play is so toxic that I can't handle it emotionally. The game has devolved to the point in which unless your DDs cap and carry the early game the game is over because most of the team will refuse to push, support the DDs, or do anything except hide and attempt to island/smoke snipe. Even if I stick my neck out to aggressive support DDs to cap early game, 9 times out of 10 this makes no difference, the last game the DD I was following didn't even TRY to cap, he just ducked out the instant he saw BBs near the cap leaving me to get focused down and torped in a minute's time. I'm just tired of this incredibly low-class filth that covers this game.

Maybe I'll just play DDs for a while...but I don't know, I'd hate to run myself ragged for a team which ultimately won't move from behind an island even to win.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 13

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,050 posts
5,943 battles

I do a lot of capping these days in the old DM.  The times they are a changin...

[RKLES]
Members
807 posts

This guys is fairly new but knows what he is talking about.

I suggest you join a top level clan so you can scout in your DD with some back up.

Division play is where it's at if you want to crunch out above average win rates.

It is a random match after all.

Beta Testers
768 posts
3,847 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

I suggest you join a top level clan so you can scout in your DD with some back up.

Division play is where it's at if you want to crunch out above average win rates.

Maybe you're right about divisioning up. I get invited all the time to clan battles I should just go...

• Funny 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,441 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

My WR is well above average and I'm a solo player and there's quite a few players with well above average solo WRs.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,689 battles
4 hours ago, GUTB said:

Sadly, the game has become worse since my last break. I thought I'd hang around and get some of these new research ships, maybe some steel ships. But....I can't do it. The state of play is so toxic that I can't handle it emotionally. The game has devolved to the point in which unless your DDs cap and carry the early game the game is over because most of the team will refuse to push, support the DDs, or do anything except hide and attempt to island/smoke snipe. Even if I stick my neck out to aggressive support DDs to cap early game, 9 times out of 10 this makes no difference, the last game the DD I was following didn't even TRY to cap, he just ducked out the instant he saw BBs near the cap leaving me to get focused down and torped in a minute's time. I'm just tired of this incredibly low-class filth that covers this game.

Maybe I'll just play DDs for a while...but I don't know, I'd hate to run myself ragged for a team which ultimately won't move from behind an island even to win.

Good. Here is Goltz's piece of advice : OS? Windows? Look for "Programs and Functionalities". Uninstall the game. That's the first step. Then, wait. When you miss the game. Download latest version. Install. Log in. Play. Oink!

• Cool 2

[HEROS]
Members
1,991 posts
17,633 battles

I understand..

If i'm not in m one of my DD's you will find I'm in the big fat slow BB that somehow is keeping up with you.. attracting fire and dishing it out as best I can and giving you cover.  Because Id rather die contributing to victory then waiting for someone else to win the match for me.  I HATE being carried.    BB's that are not shooting their guns as fast as they can reload them are as far I am concerned NON CONTRIBUTORS.   If you are not positioned to where you can shoot something.. ANYTHING.. then you need to be in motion to where you can shoot.  I can usually predict correctly more than 70% of the time if I'm on the winning or loosing team by where my team is positioned 5 minutes in, just by looking at the mini map.  If more that half the teams cruisers and BB's are not where they can shoot targets I'm likely on the loosing team.

A lot of folks disagree with me.  I have learned to discount them entirely.  My tag lines say it all, and they are based not on some imagined notion but on 51 years of wargaming experience.  If you ain't fight'n then your busy losing because you gotta fight to win.  It's really that simple.  Keep at it and you'll even learn how to fight smart, which makes for easier wins.

If your team will not get out and fight, the only choice you really have left is to at least die well.   Because if they won't fight, they won't win.  If you die you can at least exit to port, grab another ship and dive into the next match.

I've lost track of the times where I was the first to die driving a DD  (usually about 5 to 6 minutes in) , exitted the match, checked the results later and found I was the highest scoring player on my team.   When that happens I log out for the day because it's going to keep happening.  And there's no point in abusing my long suffering WR if I don't need to.   I'm not nearly as in love with this game as I once was.

Do what ya can do, but know when to call it a day!

[DERE]
Members
34 posts
4,008 battles

"I am a good player, but always on the losing team.  At the end of the match I almost always have nearly 100% of my health, except the many many times I get shot by a pink bastard.  At the end of almost every game I am at full health and the rest of my lousy team is sunk...   I am a good player"   /sarcasm

Edited by IpityU
  • Funny 2

Members
2,119 posts
6,339 battles

Its a Game not a life choice. No one is forcing you to play.......:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,050 posts
8,308 battles
6 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

My WR is well above average and I'm a solo player and there's quite a few players with well above average solo WRs.

I think a lot of the issue is that many people playing solo are expecting a level of teamwork that would come from everyone being in communication, having the same goal, and having the same idea on how to accomplish it.

That's not how it is though, so as a solo player, you need to look for "coincidental synergy", and often move from situation to situation, and create impromptu teamwork.

IOW, don't make a plan and expect help. Be flexible, so you can identify situations where your help can enable success.  

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,636 posts
4,999 battles
9 hours ago, GUTB said:

I am exclusively a solo player and I do not see this demand that DDs cap in chat and I do not see it in player behavior.  Some players hide in the back, just as they always have.  It is not a new phenomenon, nor is it because the DDs didn't cap.  Some players  are simply unskilled, others take the wrong lessons from the flawed scoring system that often awards them top scores on their teams when they sink a ship or three in garbage time.  At least they aren't being encouraged to do so because servicing costs are higher the more damage you take or if your ship is sunk like it was on initial release.

• Boring 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,745 battles
10 hours ago, GUTB said:

Spoiler

See the source image

You not having a good time is not the same as "unplayable." I've seen the same issue you describe - repeatedly on some nights like last night. In fact I am pretty sure everyone has. If it becomes irritating I step away and play a bit of Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Subnautica: Sub Zero, and then come back later and try again. Now that Wargaming has taken steps to even off the tiering in matchmaker, I'm hoping they will take steps to have the matchmaker sort for skill a bit, but until that happens I keep playing.  

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I think a lot of the issue is that many people playing solo are expecting a level of teamwork that would come from everyone being in communication, having the same goal, and having the same idea on how to accomplish it.

There's a difference between expecting everyone to share the same common goal and expecting someone to do a simple, sensible thing. I once wasted a lot of time spotting an enemy Brindisi in my Black, pinging him as a designated target for a friendly Alsace that had an easy shot but just trundled around for a full minute not even attempting to fire at anything. That came back to bite us later. I could have forgiven him taking the shot and fluffing it, but he had a sitter in his sights and completely let it go in favour of... what? THAT is the sort of thing that a lot of people are thinking of when they complain about poor teamwork. 

Said Alsace then fluffed a ram or driveby against a wounded Kii later, a mistake which naturally cost him his ship as the Kii has torpedoes (I was already dead but I could see it coming). Both were low, and in taking the Kii with him he could at least have given us a chance, but dying while allowing the Kii to live cost us the battle. So maybe he was just that appallingly hopeless, which is terrifying to consider when you realise that he was in a T9 BB.

[SS238]
Members
368 posts
33,433 battles

There is an answer - Come to the Dark Side - Come to Co-OP

Are the rewards great, not really, but since the games are short, you get to play more and it evens out. Island campers need not apply. It's hilarious watching a true random player run for the nearest island in a co-op game.  By the time he sticks his nose out, the red team is decimated and he's too far from the action to even participate, let alone get up scoring ladder.

Don't listen too hard to those that say "Bots are boring". Granted, some bots are brain dead, but then so are some humans. We all potato from time to time. But go up against a tuned up, "special bot", one with a rudder shift from a DD, armor that makes the GK look weak, guns like lasers that never miss and a 100% fire chance and you are in for a real fight. Besides that, bots are the perfect opponent. They don't cry when they lose, they don't crow when they win. It's FUN, and that's what games are supposed to be.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,915 posts
11,596 battles
11 hours ago, Learux said:

i wouldnt call starting in 2014 being "fairly new" the guys a well known troll on the forums, its even in his name GUTB= Guy Under The Bridge

• Cool 2

Members
47 posts
7,343 battles

I had to uninstall it too. CV is broken (still). Planes printing, rockets damage (especially against dd) is way too high, no squadron launch cooldown, no re-arm time for returning planes, broken spotting mechanic. AA has been gutted, fighters ineffective, defensive aa no longer scatters drops, flak ineffective against decent players. BB ap broken. Seems to always overpen, even broadside CL and CA, takes too much HE alpha damage (fire damage seems to be in a good place), they are incentive to stay way back because of this (and people always [edited] about it). Cruisers are in a good spot, although for MM reasons WG needs to define CL CA and BC to ensure balance (but they will never do that because there is no money in it). The desync aiming bug. The general apathy on WG part to retain any player, reflected in the average skill level of players. Which is comparable to an August dumpster fire. and now subs, which they say will have their own game mode, but I think we all know they are going to end up in randoms sooner or later.

[R-F]
[R-F]
Members
705 posts
27,733 battles

Something tells me you pee sitting down and cry if its not yellow.

Just a hunch..

FYI this is just a game.

• Funny 1

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles

What the majority of the player base doesn't understand is that positioning is everything. Positioning is what separates the average from the good. The other side of it is aiming and most people that think they're good are really justaverage and need to improve their aim.

A player that can hit at a 40 percent or higher rate is going to be able to turn a side. Most of the player base are hitting in the 20s and don't realize this is a huge reason why they are losing games.

Members
566 posts
255 battles

padding hit rate is not helpful. sure there are situations when it's better to stay dark until you have a really good shot, or if you get spotted anyway. but not taking hail mary shots doesn't help win. to pad hit rate like that, you are either shooting bb's exclusively, or shooting cruisers from short range, and probably not even trying to shoot dd's. last I checked my hit rate was around 26% iirc. and i'm fine with that. i aim at dd's if any are spotted. shooting at dd's is not conducive to 20% hit rate, unless you only do it from under 5 km. which i do because i like to knife fight dd's. any potato can land 40% or better by only shooting at fat bb's.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,896 battles
2 hours ago, Galvanic_ said:

I had to uninstall it too. CV is broken (still). Planes printing, rockets damage (especially against dd) is way too high, no squadron launch cooldown, no re-arm time for returning planes, broken spotting mechanic. AA has been gutted, fighters ineffective, defensive aa no longer scatters drops, flak ineffective against decent players. BB ap broken. Seems to always overpen, even broadside CL and CA, takes too much HE alpha damage (fire damage seems to be in a good place), they are incentive to stay way back because of this (and people always [edited] about it). Cruisers are in a good spot, although for MM reasons WG needs to define CL CA and BC to ensure balance (but they will never do that because there is no money in it). The desync aiming bug. The general apathy on WG part to retain any player, reflected in the average skill level of players. Which is comparable to an August dumpster fire. and now subs, which they say will have their own game mode, but I think we all know they are going to end up in randoms sooner or later.

This entire post reminds me of a line by Luke Skywalker at the end of The Last Jedi.  "Everything you just said is wrong." (Or something to that effect.)

[WOLFG]
Members
29,050 posts
8,308 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

This entire post reminds me of a line by Luke Skywalker at the end of The Last Jedi.  "Everything you just said is wrong." (Or something to that effect.)

To be fair, everyone is the centre of their own universe, and their opinions will be based on their perceptions, flawed or not.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,896 battles
20 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

To be fair, everyone is the centre of their own universe, and their opinions will be based on their perceptions, flawed or not.

But it's the flaws and the flawed interpretations of those perceptions that matter.  :cap_yes:

Beta Testers
768 posts
3,847 battles

Something I've also noticed is a large portion of every team doesn't seem to even care about winning, just not dying. Of course by hiding all game they also die while not winning doesn't seem to matter. I can only image very low-developed IQ or some kind of developmental problem. It's literally counter-logical even from the aspect of not dying.

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
On 4/30/2020 at 1:35 AM, CommodoreKang said:

I do a lot of capping these days in the old DM.  The times they are a changin...

Same