You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArgosRising

Kobayashi Camos Question

24 comments in this topic

Members
270 posts

So I am in the market to pick up one of the Kobayashi camos to help with my credit gain in the game. Also because I like their design. Does anyone know if the credits earned for the tier 8's is generally more than Yamatos? I have Kii, Roma, and Yamato. If Yamato can make as many credits with the Kobayashi camo as the Tier 8s, I'll get that one. Does anyone know how this would compare? Thanks in advance. 

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
456 posts
11,134 battles

Yammy kobay camp is the same as any other permo tier 10 camo. Kob KII or Roma camos generate more credits then even tier premium tier 9's. Only thing that makes more then them is the Missouri.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,385 battles

As far as I know, the Kii with Kobayashi camo is as close to a Missouri as you're going to get in the current game. 

• Cool 1

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

You're better off spending the $40 it would cost in Dubloons, to just buy the 15 million silver package for $45. Or go all out and get the 62.5 million credits for $135. If you want the silver, just get the silver.

Don't spend real money to force yourself to them waste time grinding credits.

If you like the design and you play the Roma/Kii regularly, or if you already have dubloons and are sure there's nothing else to buy with them, that's cool, but for credit grinding buying a camo is a bad option. It's very inefficient of your time.

Edited by macktkau2
  • Cool 1

[BALD]
[BALD]
Members
15 posts
3,774 battles

Here is an link to reddit abt. best credit income for ships/camos that may help.

[HEROS]
Members
1,991 posts
17,625 battles

The question has definitely been answered but let not forget the intangible.

Running the Kobayashi camo is a totally unique look, and unique looks are like Jack drinking the magic elixir in the movie "Big Trouble in Little China".  You'll feel awesome and sometimes that is really what makes the difference.

Gillette Razors:  "Look sharp.  Be sharp.  Are sharp!"

Vidal Sassoon:  "If you don't look good, we don't look good!"

It's a good buy because it more than just the silver!

Members
1,660 posts

Whatever you do, whatever you need, the beer can cammo just isn't worth it and an abomination.  It is a crime against humanity.  The IJN versions all get a thumbs up from me.

For credit grinding, I have the most success with tier VIII premium ships with permacamo, premium time, and econo signals.

I feel nauseous just thinking about that stella can.....

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles
14 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

The question has definitely been answered but let not forget the intangible.

Running the Kobayashi camo is a totally unique look, and unique looks are like Jack drinking the magic elixir in the movie "Big Trouble in Little China".  You'll feel awesome and sometimes that is really what makes the difference.

Gillette Razors:  "Look sharp.  Be sharp.  Are sharp!"

Vidal Sassoon:  "If you don't look good, we don't look good!"

It's a good buy because it more than just the silver!

+1

And, to add to the advertising mottos already listed, "You're going to like the way you look, I guarantee it. ® ” - Men's Wearhouse.
https://www.menswearhouse.com/about-mens-wearhouse

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles
10 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Whatever you do, whatever you need, the beer can cammo just isn't worth it and an abomination.  It is a crime against humanity.  The IJN versions all get a thumbs up from me.

For credit grinding, I have the most success with tier VIII premium ships with permacamo, premium time, and econo signals.

I feel nauseous just thinking about that stella can.....

:Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,101 posts
14,317 battles
8 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

If you want the silver, just get the silver.

You can buy the silver once, or you can buy the tools to get the silver whenever you want.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles
8 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

As far as I know, the Kii with Kobayashi camo is as close to a Missouri as you're going to get in the current game. 

That's what I've heard, too.

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles

Ashitaka - Kobayashi    Purchased through the Premium Shop.    
-3% to surface detectability range.
+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
-50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
+20% credits earned in the battle.
+100% experience earned in the battle.
Alternate permanent camouflage for Ashitaka. Sold in a special bundle with the ship via the premium shop.

Kii - Kobayashi    Purchased through the Premium Shop.    
Alternate permanent camouflage for Kii. Sold in a special bundle with the ship via the Premium Shop.

Roma - Kobayashi    Purchased through the Premium Shop.    
Alternate permanent camouflage for Roma. Sold in a special bundle with the ship via the Premium Shop.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You can buy the silver once, or you can buy the tools to get the silver whenever you want.

The break-even on buying a premium camo with dubloons instead of just buying silver directly would have to be at least 150 games surely? It's not a huge gigantic buff to the silver. It's 20%. With a extra 25k per game saving on the service cost. If you made an 100k to 150k extra (you aren't getting the entire silver from a game because of the bonus) because of the camo you'd still need 100+ games and you'd still need to play them all and do well in them. All that instead of just converting 7000 dubloons into (right now, at 2k per dub) 14 million silver.

That bonus is not such a massive improvement for 7000 dubloons without having to spend hours upon hours grinding with a ship just to make credits. If you want to grind for silver you'd be better off saving coal or FXP for a Tier 9 premium, at least then you haven't actually spent money on it.

Edited by macktkau2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,101 posts
14,317 battles
12 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

If you want to grind for silver you'd be better off saving coal or FXP for a Tier 9 premium, at least then you haven't actually spent money on it.

My take is that the silver is very quickly spent, and if you're going to spend the money it makes better sense to spend it on a ship that's going to make bank and that you will enjoy playing. If you enjoy playing it, the hours will fly and they will be very pleasant hours. Kii is a cousin of the Amagi (which I'm about 90K XP away from) and the Ishizuchi (which I have and like), and she has torpedoes into the bargain. I have my fair share of Japanese premium battleships (I have all the ARP Kongos, the Mutsu and the Musashi), but I'm not sure I could say no to a fast T8 BB with ten 16-inch guns, torpedoes, and one of the best credit yield potentials in the game.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

arg...  kii is on my radar, but this talk is starting to burn a hole...

[ARGSY]
Members
20,101 posts
14,317 battles
14 minutes ago, SKurj said:

but this talk is starting to burn a hole...

Hell yes. It will burn an even bigger hole if/when Kii Kobayashi bundle comes back on sale, because you know it will be much more expensive than just the Kii + camo; they will put all sorts of things in it to reach a bigger hand into your wallet.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hell yes. It will burn an even bigger hole if/when Kii Kobayashi bundle comes back on sale, because you know it will be much more expensive than just the Kii + camo; they will put all sorts of things in it to reach a bigger hand into your wallet.

I don't have the Kii obviously, but is the kobayashi camo available for dubs if you own the ship?

[ARGSY]
Members
20,101 posts
14,317 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I don't have the Kii obviously, but is the kobayashi camo available for dubs if you own the ship?

I don't think it is. I don't have it either but I have the Musashi and I'm pretty sure I can't buy either the Musashi Kobayashi or the Musashi High School Fleet camo through the port interface.

[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,385 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I don't think it is. I don't have it either but I have the Musashi and I'm pretty sure I can't buy either the Musashi Kobayashi or the Musashi High School Fleet camo through the port interface.

That's how I bought it. I have the Ashitaka and Roma, and both have the Kobayashi camo as an dubloon option currently. I'm not up to Yamato on the IJN line yet, so I can't tell you on that one.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,101 posts
14,317 battles
4 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

That's how I bought it. I have the Ashitaka and Roma, and both have the Kobayashi camo as an dubloon option currently. I'm not up to Yamato on the IJN line yet, so I can't tell you on that one.

Okay, I stand corrected. Anyone here got the Kii and can confirm the same for that ship?

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,506 battles
12 hours ago, ArgosRising said:

So I am in the market to pick up one of the Kobayashi camos to help with my credit gain in the game. Also because I like their design. Does anyone know if the credits earned for the tier 8's is generally more than Yamatos? I have Kii, Roma, and Yamato. If Yamato can make as many credits with the Kobayashi camo as the Tier 8s, I'll get that one. Does anyone know how this would compare? Thanks in advance. 

The Kobayashi camos are basically just a T10 perma camo bonus wise that can be used on those 3 T7/T8 ships as pointed out above. That means for Ashitaka, Kii, and Roma they provide additional benefits over the standard perma camo and as a result I got them (even if Roma's makes me eyes bleed it is so fugly). The Yamato one however does not provide ANY additional bonuses over the standard T10 perma camo. So unless you like the looks of it that camo is not worth buying as it is what 8K Doubloons or thereabouts. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

its 7k dubs for the camo for the Kii, i took the plunge...  I'd like to main IJN/GE BB's so figured it is worth it to at least get the Kii, and the Kobyashi camo is there and available. (i haven't grabbed the camo yet, that will have to wait another month, actually i don't have enough dubs, so i don;t have the option to 'buy' )

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,385 battles
13 minutes ago, SKurj said:

its 7k dubs for the camo for the Kii, i took the plunge...  I'd like to main IJN/GE BB's so figured it is worth it to at least get the Kii, and the Kobyashi camo is there and available. (i haven't grabbed the camo yet, that will have to wait another month, actually i don't have enough dubs, so i don;t have the option to 'buy' )

At least once last year they did a sale on permacamos, including the Kobayashi camos. Keep and eye out for that, that's when I got it for my Kii. 

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles
On 4/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My take is that the silver is very quickly spent, and if you're going to spend the money it makes better sense to spend it on a ship that's going to make bank and that you will enjoy playing. If you enjoy playing it, the hours will fly and they will be very pleasant hours. Kii is a cousin of the Amagi (which I'm about 90K XP away from) and the Ishizuchi (which I have and like), and she has torpedoes into the bargain. I have my fair share of Japanese premium battleships (I have all the ARP Kongos, the Mutsu and the Musashi), but I'm not sure I could say no to a fast T8 BB with ten 16-inch guns, torpedoes, and one of the best credit yield potentials in the game.

I've got my Arpeggio of Blue Steel Commander (Teddy Bear) Yotaroh as Captain of my Kii.
The combination is entertaining and they're fun to play.
Kii is a good ship, I feel. 
Sometimes underrated, but a nice alternative to a Tirpitz (which I plan to get someday, too).

Kii does well if I play well.
And if Kii does well, she earns well, too.