Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bradenton44

Kaga complete garbage.

15 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts

What ever you do do not buy the Kaga complete garbage compared to any other carrier.  You go to drop torps will take you two to three times the amount of time to aim your torps as a american carrier. Basically all Japanese carriers you will spend two to three times the time it takes for a american carrier to do the same shot.  The rocket planes are like flying a school bus the turn so slow you begin to wonder if you will get social security first.  But for a ship you have to buy there is nothing I repeat nothing better than the free one unless you love getting auto tiered up to tier ten battles all the time and when you do those extra plains become big deal as they die in droves and help the other team get amazing scores.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
Members
6,969 posts
13,503 battles

Those longer range torps also team-kill a lot of friendlies.

And I never..  never run out of planes on that thing.  It keeps churning them out so fast, I never get a rest.

And it took waaaaayy  too long to sink that Iowa with my 8" secondaries.  Those things are weak.

Oh...  and I also did the 'Flying Shimikaze' trick (three sets of torps in the water) on an actual Shimikaze !!   Sunk that thing and he got mad.

Members
2,988 posts
36,790 battles

At 1433 battles, and presuming that you only played maybe CVs from US line about a quarter of that number with rest going to other ship types, I think that you are not getting a good feel of the planes or the CV itself.

Maybe try the training room for a time to understand the drops and also figure out how to fly there fighters as well.

Kaga is surprising a very good CV to play. While uptiered it is challenging, at tier it is dangerous.

Each nation's CVs have a skill set requirement. Royal Navy being easiest, US second, IJN second hardest and German GZ being the hardest.

Even certain premiums have a skill gap like Saipan and Enterprise.

WG will have to address some of the issues as balance is still an issue for some CVs.

[RLGN]
Members
14,334 posts
25,271 battles
11 minutes ago, Bradenton44 said:

What ever you do do not buy the Kaga complete garbage compared to any other carrier.

The rework is garbage, Kaga not so much.

Would agree sorta-kind that it’s pretty worthless when bottom tiered.

1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

Oh...  and I also did the 'Flying Shimikaze' trick (three sets of torps in the water) on an actual Shimikaze !!   Sunk that thing and he got mad.

How anyone but the clueless or stupid ever get hit by torps launched without any kind of a lead indicator from so far away escapes me.

4 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Kaga is surprising a very good CV to play. While uptiered it is challenging, at tier it is dangerous.

If you can’t get a handle on dodging AA and making unguided Manual Attacks, it doesn’t matter how ‘good’ anyone claims some carrier is.

Apparently WG thinks (thought?) all players were iChase or Gaishu or Femennenley, and used nothing but manual attacks under RTS.

Unfortunately they were wrong, and their 100% manual FPS carrier mechanics mean, for me at least, that using that class is now a chore, is boring as hell, and not fun in any manner I would define such.

• Boring 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,943 posts
15,451 battles

When some player posted about "this ship" or "that ship" is garbage or worthless, the FIRST point I would go is to check on the player's experiences playing the game. There are several places you can check (cant really named them here otherwise forum trolls will keep on reporting me); and those checks can pretty much tell if the post is legit or not.

The check also showed the details and it tell a better story.

Oh, forgot, just for the trolls, hi OP, you need to practice more and level up your captain specify for Kaga, skills that supporting planes. Also make the torp travel less distance but speed up faster also tremendously help. Upgrades modules and signals as well

Members
2,988 posts
36,790 battles
52 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The rework is garbage, Kaga not so much.

Would agree sorta-kind that it’s pretty worthless when bottom tiered.

How anyone but the clueless or stupid ever get hit by torps launched without any kind of a lead indicator from so far away escapes me.

If you can’t get a handle on dodging AA and making unguided Manual Attacks, it doesn’t matter how ‘good’ anyone claims some carrier is.

Apparently WG thinks (thought?) all players were iChase or Gaishu or Femennenley, and used nothing but manual attacks under RTS.

Unfortunately they were wrong, and their 100% manual FPS carrier mechanics mean, for me at least, that using that class is now a chore, is boring as hell, and not fun in any manner I would define such.

Well, I will only say this. For a chore and it being manual drop, every time I hit a ship without aim assistance whatsoever is skill based. So, sure players go thermonuclear when they get hit because they have an advantage, but they still got hit. So maybe the victim is angry for not being able to evade the attack

As for frustrating drops from CV player point of view, I was 60/40,  auto/ manual drop in RTS. I couldn't strafe to save my life and yeah unicums like Fem would basically discourage me from going in to Randoms if she were on. Because be I in a BB and she sinks me, or I get shattered skies against her in CVs, I sure as heck don't want to be the victim on a stream of hers. But those days just show how good it was. And how skilled players like her are. WG took that away from them to make CVs vanilla. Most of those unicums played thousands of battles to hone their craft.

I lament those days as CVs are more heavily skill based with the exception of Royal Navy and the heavily armored Midway planes. You pretty much have to work hard at it and still.... players complain about being torped in their shimakaze from CV players.

CV players are by and large an odd lot nowadays. I don't main CV, I just play them for variety.

Sure, the dream is mostly gone for you EP, but if we stop playing them, we can't prove our side of the argument.

So far, inexperienced players are playing CVs and are skewing everything.

But former players that CV like yourself are not going to participate anymore. I understand. From the very beginning of rework I had my doubts and I gave it a go. I went weeks on end through the Wooster anti-aircraft show as AA cruisers feasted on many planes like they were at a prime rib buffet.

I was there when the shima torp fiasco I initiated nerfs 1-6, then more nerfs followed, then AA got bludgeoned by Dokura-chan.

The rework became more work.

But a CV player today relishes the moments of hits and epic AP drops, and the occasional torp drop of the impossible.

Is it good for the game? Probably not.

But WG will have to see the data to know for sure. But that means participation.

If you don't want to it's fine. But it will take that much longer to convince WG to bring back RTS.

Because it seems a movement is growing to ask for it back.

[RLGN]
Members
14,334 posts
25,271 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

CV players are by and large an odd lot nowadays. I don't main CV, I just play them for variety.

I was an oddball in RTS. Couldn’t strafe as you said, and was maybe passable to slightly above average at best in Bogue, (especially when it went 1-1-1,) but I loved playing carriers is RTS. Some of the most fun I ever had were games where the Greens (humans and/or bots) all died, and it was me (in any of my carriers,) versus 4+ bots.

Ring Around the Rosie behind some island was common.

Co-op let me have fun, without the stress of playing a carrier in Randoms, and my weaknesses when playing them didn’t matter as much.

The attack adjustment tab meant a lot, and I got damn good at using it, even in Randoms, but I’ve always thought not many were aware it even existed, and that’s part of why they thought autodrops were ‘useless.’

Sure, the dream is mostly gone for you EP, but if we stop playing them, we can't prove our side of the argument.

So far, inexperienced players are playing CVs and are skewing everything.

But former players that CV like yourself are not going to participate anymore. I understand. From the very beginning of rework I had my doubts and I gave it a go. I went weeks on end through the Wooster anti-aircraft show as AA cruisers feasted on many planes like they were at a prime rib buffet.

lol someone’s cooking meat in the microwave here at work... (lunch break.)

Oh, I’ve not quit playing carriers, but refuse to do so in Randoms.

I’ll not be a hypocrite, and inflict something I hate, (death by a thousand cuts,) in other players.

I was there when the shima torp fiasco I initiated nerfs 1-6, then more nerfs followed, then AA got bludgeoned by Dokura-chan.

The rework became more work.

But a CV player today relishes the moments of hits and epic AP drops, and the occasional torp drop of the impossible.

Just like in RTS, I can’t really line up bomb drops against anything but ‘dumb’ bots. I have to fly so straight to even try, AA murders me. The only bombers I had any success with before quitting Randoms carriers was the Brits. (That stupid dive bomber attack animation always throws me off.)

Is it good for the game? Probably not.

But WG will have to see the data to know for sure. But that means participation.

If you don't want to it's fine. But it will take that much longer to convince WG to bring back RTS.

Because it seems a movement is growing to ask for it back.

Myself and others have said for over a year now that they should have made the FPS spotting and damage nerfs, and just left RTS alone.

As much as I loved it, I’ve little faith RTS will ever come back. Someone would have to admit the rework was a mistake first for that to ever happen.

Members
2,988 posts
36,790 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I was an oddball in RTS. Couldn’t strafe as you said, and was maybe passable to slightly above average at best in Bogue, (especially when it went 1-1-1,) but I loved playing carriers is RTS. Some of the most fun I ever had were games where the Greens (humans and/or bots) all died, and it was me (in any of my carriers,) versus 4+ bots.

Ring Around the Rosie behind some island was common.

Co-op let me have fun, without the stress of playing a carrier in Randoms, and my weaknesses when playing them didn’t matter as much.

The attack adjustment tab meant a lot, and I got damn good at using it, even in Randoms, but I’ve always thought not many were aware it even existed, and that’s part of why they thought autodrops were ‘useless.’

lol someone’s cooking meat in the microwave here at work... (lunch break.)

Oh, I’ve not quit playing carriers, but refuse to do so in Randoms.

I’ll not be a hypocrite, and inflict something I hate, (death by a thousand cuts,) in other players.

Just like in RTS, I can’t really line up bomb drops against anything but ‘dumb’ bots. I have to fly so straight to even try, AA murders me. The only bombers I had any success with before quitting Randoms carriers was the Brits. (That stupid dive bomber attack animation always throws me off.)

Myself and others have said for over a year now that they should have made the FPS spotting and damage nerfs, and just left RTS alone.

As much as I loved it, I’ve little faith RTS will ever come back. Someone would have to admit the rework was a mistake first for that to ever happen.

I think that they will admit it. It's only a matter of time. WG can't Stonewall this issue. It didn't work for Berlin and that came down.

Tear down these walls WG, bring back RTS CVs. Yeah, I borrowed from Reagan, but he was right of course.

And we are all right in this as well. Even if I got to get the hammer, pickaxe, and TNT to take down the wall myself. LOL

At least you know who said it now so when it happens, you know who to thank later. Haha

:cap_look::cap_cool:😎⚒️🐉🦇🐨🐺🦀🦑

• Funny 1

Members
2,988 posts
36,790 battles

It takes a special kind of player to play CVs in the first place. Oddballs yes, we all are. But that's better than being vanilla. Oddballs are cool. Test pilots are cool, players that experiment are cool.

Sure, some of us are a bit Sith-like, but force choking a Twinkie and feeding it to Baby Yoda is not a crime as far as I know. It's just badazz.

I am probably the Emperor of Oddballs. Sure there are some Kings and Queens out there, but nobody does oddball better than me.

Okay, maybe Notser is a special case, her can have that particular crown, but I don't hit islands and if I did, I would be red-faced embarrassed about it and my teammates will just say: " No Sir, I didn't see you hit that island again. "

Flambass will hold the crown forever on Two Brothers. Jingles can't be dethroned for having his cat operate his consumables let alone his famously funny commentary.

Being Normy is boring. I will choose to be oddball forever.

<O😎🐻💮😏🌹🦀🦑🐺🐨🦇🐉⚒️🌌:cap_rambo:

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,405 battles

The Kaga, when played correctly is far from garbage and is arguably one of the easier and more forgiving of the T8 premium.  The problem is the ability to accurately drop ordinance and dodge flack (which can be practiced in co op) are important skills but not the only important skills.  Target selection, map awareness, working with surface ships are equally as important.  Unfortunately those skills can only be improved in randoms.

I played in RTS and knew how to straiff,  I did fairly well then and I do fairly well post 8.0.  I would not say one way is easier than the other per say as it is an apples to oranges comparison that required completely different skill sets.

Post 8.0 definitely appeals to more players and it is evident to the increased participation in CV play.  One could say they are "easier" to play but I would argue that are harder to have significant impact in.  RTS cv were absolutely capable of carrying a team of potatoes if the enemy CV was not similarly skilled.  Post 8.0 if your team dies too quickly you do not have the alpha to carry nor do you have the ability to permanently shut down the enemy CV.

Although I preferred rts CV play, I do not see it ever coming back.  As much complaining as there is on the forums in the end the spreadsheet shows there are more people playing CV now than ever before. 

Edited by HallaSnackbar

[BABC]
Members
79 posts
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Although I only have a Shokaku and not a Kaga, I'm curious as to how would you go about doing that? Do you drop one set of torps from a distance, do a tight turn around, and drop another set in the same general location but angled slightly? How tight do you get the targeting reticle before releasing?

Members
2,988 posts
36,790 battles
1 hour ago, yaluen said:

Although I only have a Shokaku and not a Kaga, I'm curious as to how would you go about doing that? Do you drop one set of torps from a distance, do a tight turn around, and drop another set in the same general location but angled slightly? How tight do you get the targeting reticle before releasing?

During the time of the widely popular flying shimakaze trick, it was the aiming pattern that was very stable even when you did a fairly sharp turn with your planes.

The idea was to drop as many as you can along an attack run preferably against a large group of ships. You dropped from rear most ship to front so lead ship accidentally turns into the drops that he doesn't see.

WG basically made the target pattern or cone unstable in a turn. So you had to hold the planes straight for a time, release, and do next drop. But it slowed down the attack run and element of surprise was lost. What took about 7 secs to drop 3 sets now took forever it would seem, because you couldn't turn quick anymore.

They also had the 4 slower torpedoes drop option for Hakuryu and that was removed. It gave you slow 4 torp spread but longer range. It also concealed your attack run if you configured to concealment skills.

Typically, that set could allow a clever player to drop one ahead parallel, one at 45 degrees to fleet and finally be seen attacking to the side the lead ship of the battle line.

The element of surprise was forced turn to dodge, but run into the 45 degrees drop and the parallel one.

This created chaos and ships behind the lead would run into the lead itself. Or they would scatter wide to Battleships on your team. Sometimes a stray torpedo hits the rest of the fleet.

The only problem with it was efficiency. When F-key was spammed, it worked great, then WG fixed that issue as well.

Eventually, WG got rid of the slow 4 set and Hakuryu was left with just the two set.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,969 posts
13,503 battles
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:24 PM, yaluen said:

Three sets:

First set - far in front -- into target.

Second set - from one side - longer distance  then crossing  over

Third set - from other side - close

Practice this in a training room.

[BABC]
Members
79 posts
8 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Three sets:

First set - far in front -- into target.

Second set - from one side - longer distance  then crossing  over

Third set - from other side - close

Practice this in a training room.

So the first set would be head-on directly into target from a far distance (5km torp range, so drop 7-8km away?). Then pick a side and do another set perpendicular to target's heading as usual, but drop at 5km from target? And finally, cross over target, and do a close range drop?

[GWG]
Members
6,969 posts
13,503 battles
1 hour ago, yaluen said:

So the first set would be head-on directly into target from a far distance (5km torp range, so drop 7-8km away?). Then pick a side and do another set perpendicular to target's heading as usual, but drop at 5km from target? And finally, cross over target, and do a close range drop?

Torpedo Soup.  Works out well if the DD is oblivious and thinks a CV would never torp a DD.

Trick is to have them detected by the DD all at once... 

This trick usually won't work on a Daring since it has 3 minute long Hydro.  Stick to rockets for those things.

Sign in to follow this