Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gbgentry

Jack of All Trades

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
363 posts
12,391 battles

Eh... I'd say there's better choices for 2-point skills.

If on your first pass through the tree, Improved Engines lets your squadron fly faster, which means less time spent travelling and less time spent in AA.  It's not a big difference, but it's constantly supporting an activity you're constantly doing.  Depending on which CV we're talking about, I'd put Torpedo Acceleration above JOAT, too.

If you're just trying to spend those last two captain skill points, I'd probably go for a pair of the 1-point skills (Air Supremacy, Direction Center for Fighter, Improved Engine Boost, Last Gasp) over JOAT.  Depends on the CV, which 1-point skill I'd already taken, that sort of thing.

I don't feel that CVs really need to use their consumables back-to-back the way a BB or a CA needs to.  The time they spend flying from carrier to target is enough to get a consumable off cooldown without JOAT;  the time they spend attacking a target isn't enough, even with JOAT, to use a consumable twice.

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
997 posts

I know there are other skills that usually take priority;  That wasn’t my question, however.

Beta Testers
363 posts
12,391 battles
41 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

I know there are other skills that usually take priority;  That wasn’t my question, however.

And my post boils down to "I say no, and here's why".

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,395 battles

If you had a spare 19pt captain and it happened to be Andrew Cunningham, the one with improved jack of all trades.  If you only had one British ship to put him in and that ship was the t8 British premium CV Indomitable, maybe it might be worth it..... maybe.  Otherwise, no.

Sign in to follow this